As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LOOK AT MY [Comics Art Appreciation Thread]! – NSF56K

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Captain America haz a sad.
    sadcaptain_zpsd2bdb29a.png

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    SOURCE

SOURCE

Oh, whoops.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Man, how'd I miss this one by Ramon Villalobos?

Jvfvz2Ll.jpg

I think Batman is the one DC superhero, I'll forgive being drawn with all kinds of doodads and bangles.

And Giannis Milonogiannis has been drawing these superb Liefeld-esque pieces.

d307bab.jpg

JhkjQQf.jpg

tKTFE08.jpg

And here's something he did, that's not satirical.

zKewfWI.jpg

Dude draws a cool Spidey.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

AtomicTofu on
    zBHcxSql.jpg
    by Ron Chan.

xYIslLU.jpg
    by Igor Wolski.

JUueiW9l.jpg
    by Gabriel Peralta.

I really like Peralta's stuff. He's basically unknown (as far as I can tell), his stuff usually only getting a handful of notes on Tumblr. But, he's crazy prolific, and has this raw, inky style I really like.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I am all for a "Cassandra Cain Conquers China" story drawn by Dustin Nguyen

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Tom Fowler really likes Rocket Raccoon:

Bh7RiYnCQAAKXTf.jpg
    Bh7SpYsCYAAATA5.jpg
    Bh7S8zVCMAAkiQO.jpg

edited March 2014
    He actually did those for people on Twitter, with all the proceeds going to Bill Mantlo's ongoing care.

nMMj6fH.jpg

Munch on
    Emerald City Comic Con program cover, by Brandon Graham.

YpS9lmY.jpg

Munch wrote: »
    Emerald City Comic Con program cover, by Brandon Graham.
    YpS9lmY.jpg

Brandom Graham added a diagram to ID the characters on the ECCC 2014 program cover:

tumblr_n2c0t53KdG1rm3djoo2_1280.jpg
    1. scott snyder’s Severed

2.Farel Dalrymple’s Pop gun War

3. ECCC Heroes designed by Michael Avon Oeming

4. Mike Norton’s Battlepug

5. Wendy and Richard Pini’s Elfquest (petalwing on top of the Invincible dude’s head)

6.Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky’s sex criminals

7. Joe Ketinge and Leila Del Duca’s Shutter

8. Robert Kirkman and artist Cory Walker’s Invincible

9. Egypt Urnash’s Decrypting Rita

10. Rob Liefeld’s PROPHET (that me and Simon Roy and Giannis Milonogiannis and Farel Dalrymple and Joseph Bergin III work on)

11.Mike Kunkel’s Herobear and the Kid.

12.Aaron Diaz’s Dresden Codak

13. Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor’s & voiced by Cecil Baldwin Welcome to Night Vale

14.Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover’s Bandette

15.Ron Randall’s Trekker

16. Damon Gentry and Aaron Conley’s Sabertooth Swordsman

17. Rick Spears and Chuck BB’s Black metal.

18 Stan Sakai ’s Usagi Yōjinbō 兎用心棒

19. Jeff Smith’s Bone

20. Mike Allred’s Madman

21, My (Brandon Graham, me me me ) King city.

22.Adam Warren’s Empowered. (that I just drew a one shot issue of)

23.Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Ríos’s Pretty deadly.

24. Erik Larsen’s savage dragon (Malcolm dragon)

25. E.K. Weaver’s T.J. and Amal (my favorite ongoing web comic—sooo good)

26.Corey Lewis’s Sharknife. (YOSHHHHH!!)

27. Kenichi Sonoda Gunsmith cats. (I’m sooo hyped that Sonada is gonna be at the con this year)

28. Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt’s The Sixth gun.

29. Kenichi Sonoda’s Bubble gum crisis. (this is basically an anime con from 1994 now)

30.Greg Rucka and Michael Lark’s Lazarus

31. David Petersen’s Mouse guard.

32. John Graham and Victor Steinbrueck’s The space needle

33. Ryan North’s Dinosaur comics

34.Richard Starkings Elephantmen.

35. H. G. Wells invisible man

36. Shannon Wheeler’s Too much coffee man.

37. Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s Happy!

38.Rob Guillory and John Layman’s Chew, CHOG

39.Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, and Scott Kowalchuk’s Down Set Fight

40. Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch’s Rat Queens.

41. Eric Stephenson and Nate Bellegarde’s Nowhere men

42. Kevin Church & Grace Allison’s Wander

43. Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis and Brooke Allen’s Lumberjanes

44. Cat Farris’s flaccid badger

Flaccid badger?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It happens to the best of us.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    opbqxvy.jpg

Uguu~

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting Kenichi Sonoda made both Gunsmith cats and Bubblegum Crisis

The coloring on that is weirding me out. Like, it's well done, but it's in the Uncanny (X-men) Valley

Keith wrote: »
    The coloring on that is weirding me out. Like, it's well done, but it's in the Uncanny (X-men) Valley
    Magneto smiling, dude ...

tumblr_n0okf5natm1rcp7bmo1_500.jpg

pascal campion

I shouldn't care about this shit, but this is pretty neat. Someone started a thing on tumblr: Hawkeye as written by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Captain Marvel by Matt Fraction.

This was an entry for Fraction's CM.

This was a fan's rendition in the style of David Aja (Source):
    tumblr_n3dfo32r1Q1qk7152o2_1280.jpg

groovy:

tumblr_n3itufV7DJ1sndzdgo1_500.jpg

lk8p28g.jpg

Christian Ward

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    tumblr_n1xenmRG1N1rf5t8co1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1xenmRG1N1rf5t8co2_r1_500.jpg
    http://colsmi.tumblr.com/post/83096999612/jack-kirbys-mickey-mouse-with-inks-by-michael
    Jack Kirby’s Mickey Mouse, with inks by Michael Thibodeaux. Kirby submitted two pieces for Disney’s consideration for 1991’s The Art Of Mickey Mouse. The first page above was accepted, while the second was subsequently published in Ray Wyman’s The Art Of Jack Kirby.

tumblr_mz1c76OYfy1spjmjdo1_500.jpg

Venom by Raoni Neri

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Man. I mean, I knew Venom was kind of a living pile of black tar, but until now it never occurred to me how loathsome his appearance would actually be.

Linespider5 on
    I really like the milky little eye.

Mac Gargan Venom was drawn like that, for a little while. Something about it just looks extra creepy and menacing.

tumblr_m87qmbkOW91rstd2jo5_500.jpg

Superman by Sienkiewicz

edited May 2014
    "Ragtag" by Emma Rios

MAOS-121-Emma-Rios.jpeg

http://www.wordofthenerdonline.com/emma-rios-joins-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/
    Marvel Television is proud to announce Eisner-nominated artist Emma Rios (Osborn, Pretty Deadly) as the newest recruit for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Art of Level 7, a new initiative uniting top artists from around the world to celebrate the final six episodes of the series’ inaugural season (airing Tuesdays, 8|7c on the ABC Television Network).

The artwork is meant to be seen as “Ward & Buddy: it’s impossible not to love a lonely guy with a dog,” said artist Emma Rios.

In the final episode before the epic season finale, viewers will get a glimpse of Agent Grant Ward’s troubled past and learn what made him turn against S.H.I.E.L.D. and his closest friends! Meanwhile, Coulson’s team infiltrates Cybertek in order to learn the secrets behind Hydra, but this is one mission that leaves no one unscathed as Garrett accelerates his deadly endgame.

“Every villain in the Marvel Universe has a reason for what they do and this is the episode where you learn just what makes Ward tick – and then go boom,” said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel TV. “We knew this job required someone special to bring this tragic and brutal backstory to life and Emma Rios was our first choice to interpret the hardships of Grant’s past and what is to come.”

Due to popular demand, the first three posters in this exclusive art series have sold out. Emma Rios’ “Ragtag” will be available at http://www.marvelstore.com/ArtOfLevel7 beginning Friday, May 2 at 1:00am PST. These individually numbered prints are strictly limited to 100 copies and once they’re sold out – they won’t be available again from Marvel.

“Ragtag,” airs Tuesday, May 6 at 8/7c on the ABC network, leading up to the explosive season finale on Tuesday, May 13.

For more information on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., please visit marvel.com or www.abc.com. Join the conversation on Twitter and get all the latest updates with @AgentsOfSHIELD and @Marvel.

Crimsondude on
    edited May 2014
    Thor+by+Jean+Philippe+Kalonji.jpgp
    "Thor" by Jean Philippe Kalonji 

desc on
    LQcm68r.jpg

Ghost Rider, by Mike Bear.

tumblr_n5vvetKdqu1rnrss4o1_1280.jpg

Mural by Cept

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Wait how is that not already a thing that exists. Why didn't they get that started back when Cap was off being Nomad?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Well, there is this.

nFdD5ja.jpg

Cover art by Tony Harris, with interior art by Carmine Di Giandomenico. It was kind of cool, even if Captain America was still a white dude in Native American clothes.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Cultural appropriation is never cool, though.