As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    I'd say Brayflox Hard Mode would just be getting poisoned all the time, but that's already AV.

Aiatar's whole arena is just a giant poison puddle.

The fire lizard miniboss is replaced by Ifrit normal mode.

The third boss is actually where they put Leviathan.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    2.16: Characters will appear wet during rainy weather

So. Who's handing the white t-shirts out?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I just noticed person after person is getting discharged from the free company. Is that spring cleaning or did someone get hacked? =p

EDIT - nevermind, looks like it's just cleaning up. I was alarmed!

vamen on
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I just noticed person after person is getting discharged from the free company. Is that spring cleaning or did someone get hacked? =p

It's just spring cleaning. If a person hasn't logged in for more than 70 days or something they're removed from the free company.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Yup just spring cleaning. We typically go in once every few weeks and remove anyone who hasn't logged in over 70 days. Just keeps things tidy and they are always welcome to join again if they pick the game back up.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    I rarely ever complain, but man I hate getting Haukke Manor HM in roulette. It's not even that difficult, but everytime the pugs start arguing and yelling at each other. I end up playing psychologist, wishing I had just bailed as soon as I saw it and eaten the 30 minutes.

I actually prefer it for myth grinding. It's one of the fastest if not the fastest dungeons to knock out 50 tomes in. However that requires a group that knows what to do and is fairly well geared. It's definitely a nightmare with a bad group.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I rarely ever complain, but man I hate getting Haukke Manor HM in roulette. It's not even that difficult, but everytime the pugs start arguing and yelling at each other. I end up playing psychologist, wishing I had just bailed as soon as I saw it and eaten the 30 minutes.

I actually prefer it for myth grinding. It's one of the fastest if not the fastest dungeons to knock out 50 tomes in. However that requires a group that knows what to do and is fairly well geared. It's definitely a nightmare with a bad group.

When I posted that I had just quit my last group after failing on the final boss multiple times. They were just yelling at each other in chat for like 5 minutes straight and refusing to go back in so I had to bail. The tank hated the archer because the previous two bosses, he died super early and I ended up solo dpsing them. Couldn't take the fighting.

Wait 30 minutes...hard roulette...Haukke Manor HM again.

Luckily I had an experienced team and we cleared it effortlessly. Still my heart sank seeing it pop up again.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    They need to put Garuda into Haukke HM.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora

When I posted that I had just quit my last group after failing on the final boss multiple times. They were just yelling at each other in chat for like 5 minutes straight and refusing to go back in so I had to bail. The tank hated the archer because the previous two bosses, he died super early and I ended up solo dpsing them. Couldn't take the fighting.

Luckily I had an experienced team and we cleared it effortlessly. Still my heart sank seeing it pop up again.

Oh man one of those. Yeah it's always fun when people would rather waste time shit talking each other rather than just get the instance done and get the fuck out.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    weaving is insanely good for leveling up other crafting skills

if you want some crafting macros I can give you some. run them while, you know, watching anime

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a CE cd key I can be persuaded to part with if someone has access to installation media.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    FF14, among other things, has given me inspiration for a new short story I am writing. Among other things, that is a reason why I am not on tonight despite having a burning desire to be crushed in the maw of Brayflox and whatever dark denizens there stand between me and a fat Lalafell's cheese.

I will hopefully be on soon though.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    In my opinion, Brayflox's Longstop is the first "real" dungeon. Also the armor sets in there are going to be very popular for appearance items.

steam_sig.png
    Still need the gloves from there for the caster set, but I finally got the pants. Sadly, the tank pants still elude me.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    my warrior is so close to brayflox. i have half the set waiting for him and hopefully i can finish it before he outlevels it

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    joomanjii wrote: »

It's just spring cleaning. If a person hasn't logged in for more than 70 days or something they're removed from the free company.

I'm in an area where I may not be able to connect to the game until late May, so please don't take my inactivity as self-enforced.

Good thing the beta hit PS4 this week, so I should be able to determine just how the game runs under this dorm's internet (I still imagine "not well").

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Just a reminder, if you do get booted due to inactivity (which is basically the only reason anybody ever gets booted), once you come back just ask for an invite and we'll get you back in. It's nothing personal, just an effort to keep the roster at least somewhat sane and leave room for new people to get in.

steam_sig.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Titan Extreme is kind of like a heart attack in boss fight form, I've discovered. Surprisingly easy after the heart phase though!

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    6C77C8B60D042C7A674D008AE25A015E2AC56FB1

Hip hip!

C1326D5919DAE9F15983E1C1AB163D94A1DBE7B0

Hooray!

788CC39B8669FD637EDA68A8A6C2672362862D5A

Now if only I could dye this armor and dry clean this new cuirass free of dragon blood I'd be in business.
    099778DE48B0C3F9DF97839C807D29018DD64279

:D

488W936.png
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular

I love Haukke HM. I've cleared it in 17 minutes before with a good group (generally it's around 22-25 minutes though). I have to run it...6 times before raid tomorrow to get the Myth I need for my Paladin gloves. There's no faster way to accrue it.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Yep, Haukke is the new speed run. Doesn't require a screwed up (i.e. no melee) comp to make it fast, either.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited February 2014
    You can do about a 12 minute Haukke run if you happen into the right combo of the right classes that are overgeared and insane.

HappylilElf on
    haukke is a dungeon I will only run as a dps

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    On regular Haukke I love tanking it. More than healing it. I haven't tried HM yet though so opinions may change!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    no wait that's every lv60 dungeon

I enjoy Haukke HM with a solid team.

But it is one of the more difficult ones to overcome if even a single member is sub par. I my opinion.

There's a lot of movement with the second boss (which is kind of fun actually) and the third boss has several mini dps races plus some a tricky aoe that can disrupt the party.

Not sure how hard it is to tank, but the healing seems like it can get intense and slow or unfocused dps will cause a wipe.

edited February 2014
    Haukke HM is fun to tank with a good group. The only aggravating thing is all three bosses love to cast and getting them to move can be a pain.

Especially the last boss once she becomes stun and interrupt immune.

Yukira on
    That sucks. Just tried to log in to complete a little early morning roulette and getting slammed with a lobby server 6001 error.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Spent two hours trying to get a good group for Sunken Temple.

First party the Tank wasn't paying attention to all the mobs. Healer had enough of his bad tanking and left, prompting the other DPS and tank to leave as well.
    Second party the Tank immediately left when the dungeon started.
    Third times the charm, ran it swiftly with a friendly Paladin who explained what to do.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • NezeriusNezerius NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Yet another bronze on Odin. Really wish they'd just change this ridiculous FATE system.

FFXIV: Rintha Elenah
    Steam: Nezerius
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    That's why I've basically given up on Odin and Behemoth.

am0n on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Spent two hours trying to get a good group for Sunken Temple.

First party the Tank wasn't paying attention to all the mobs. Healer had enough of his bad tanking and left, prompting the other DPS and tank to leave as well.
    Second party the Tank immediately left when the dungeon started.
    Third times the charm, ran it swiftly with a friendly Paladin who explained what to do.

I'm so thankful I found a pretty chill pug and had a decent time for my first (and so far only) Sunken Temple trip.

We wiped twice to the first boss, but didn't have any trouble the rest of the time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Odin/Behemoth

It is obnoxiously dumb that the only way to ensure gold (we've found anyway) is to come with a high damage ranged DPS group. I'd much prefer to be contributing by tanking/healing/rezzing, but that just knocks your whole party down to silver. Go team Bard?

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So...the thread title says 2.16 is the 22nd, but according to the launcher 2.16 is today; maintenance is at 5pm PST and won't be done till 3am PST.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Yup tonight is apparently Bravely Default night.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So...the thread title says 2.16 is the 22nd, but according to the launcher 2.16 is today; maintenance is at 5pm PST and won't be done till 3am PST.

Yup I had outdated info! I had tonight up there initially but when I went to double check I got the wrong info.

Updated.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Well, that sucks. Tonight is my raid night. :(

On the plus side for me, I am going to be at school all night tonight working on a game for a competition so I won't be on until super late if at all anyway.

Keep on keepin' on in the light of the Crystal, peeps.

488W936.png
  • ElucidaElucida Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Well, that sucks. Tonight is my raid night. :(

Good thing we moved to it Thursday!

FFXIV: Sylvinae Mori
    Hmm. I remember that now. Why did we move it? Krom couldn't make it tonight?