As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    First week back with serious attempt on Heroic Protectors, but with our regular main tank this time (ugh); but then he had to leave (it's Christmas in February!) after a couple pulls because his internet was shit (spoiler: it's always been shit), so we got our better tank back! We went from "holy fuck we're never getting through this fight" wiping on the first add phase every time, to "...we just died to Enrage, but both measures' phases were down and we just ran out of deeps, holy shit we can do this" always getting through the first set of Desperate Measures without much problems.

Now our shaman whose name shall go unmentioned ( :P ) needs to stop randomly dying. Or our paladin when they are cheesing the Anguish dude. Or our second tree druid who likes to stand in the Kicks and give our raid leader a heart attack every time.

Really, individual people need to just not fuck up and waste our early battle rez or leave us a DPS down.

In other news: Immerseus dropped his Heroic Bindings!! Who's a happy Boomkin?

<- - - - - This owl.

In my defense, I didn't start dying until the last hour of the night.

I maintain that if I was at home and not on hotel internet, we would have had the kill.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well we also had our Warlock with internet issues lowering his DPS by 70-100k, which was in the region of 40m damage that likely would have killed them too.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Kryhs wrote: »
    Based on mounts costing $25 I see the 90 boost at $60 as completely rational. You aren't "supposed to" do it at all, let alone more than once.

This is something worth remembering. Blizz has admitted:
    -They are hesitant shorten the alt leveling period. They feel actually leveling an alt and having to run shit to gear it, is the point of having them.
    -That they don't like profession alts.
    -That people shouldn't have a huge roster of current raid tier ready toons; especially, if that desire is to ape bleeding edge guilds.
    -That they want the world to be populated and feel like an MMO, which cheap and easy access to instant 90s would ruin for >90 content.
    -That they only did the free 90 boost to accommodate brand new players or returning players, who really want to play the game with their friends, that are already at lvl 90.

Throw in botting assholes, where there probably is a threshold, where below that, it's a no brainer for these jackasses to shell out cash to get an instant lvl 90 that deprives players resource nodes and functional random BG teams. I'm incline to think the 60 dollar price tag isn't testing the waters to see if the price is too expensive. Blizz probably wants this to be a last resort for people, who have already used their freebie, but want to play with friends on another server or the other faction, without having to move their main, while not having to level a toon from scratch.

I suspected it was going to be pricey and make it cost prohibitive to the point that few use it, isn't really counter to their overall goals. If people really, really want more alts that can do WoD content, but don't want to shell out big bucks for it. Then they'll just level a new toon from scratch, while paying a subscription fee, so not really counter to Blizz's money making goals.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    On a scroll of resurrection from my dad, finally upgraded to MoP yesterday. Spent a ton of time maxing professions and now I just wanna play the AH. Hahaha.

Didn't know transmogrifying was a thing til I read this thread. Feel a little bad about sharding so many sets last night!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am just going to use my free one my shaman or death knight since the later I have no idea what I am doing and am not just feeling it
    If you are not feeling it at whatever level they are now, what makes you think you will at 90?

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Aegis, what wisdom do you have to impart to me on the subject of not being a terrible boomkin?

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I'm on both sides of the issue. I'd love instant 90s for rounding out my alts but I understand not wanting botters and goldfarmers easier access to content that matters. But that's my real issue with all of this. I think free-90s proves that content<90 is trivial at this point. Except for running old raids/dungeons for various reasons, a lot of the game doesn't seem to open up till you hit the current expansion.

I mean, gear and abilities barely matter until the last 5-10 lvls before current cap because of balance and replacement issues. You play 10-30 prot warrior and you think your shield bash will still one hit kill enemies at 90? No, of course not. And you often see people with lvl 14 gear in lvl 50 dungeons because things move so fast and gear doesnt really matter all that much till you get to the latest expansion. I think the crowd who won't pay any real-money for in-game benefits is large enough to keep the worlds occupied anyway, plus the sheer over-crowding of lowbie zones at the moment is one of the reasons I detest leveling.

I'm okay with the price being $60, I'd be disappointed and won't make use of it but fine. I'd rather not have free leveling at all, I just kind of wish if they were gonna have it the price was more reasonable. I don't feel 60 is going to stop the people abusing the game from utilizing the function. I really only think that price structure is going to stop people like me who are lazy from trying more things that we'd like to try.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Didn't know transmogrifying was a thing til I read this thread. Feel a little bad about sharding so many sets last night!

If there is anything you really want back, there is an item restore function somewhere in account options on the Battle.net website. You pick your character and it will show all the items you vendored and such lately and let you restore them.

I'm not sure how it works for items you sharded, but vendored items are mailed back to you CoD (for whatever value you sold it for).

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    And then the orc female model was revealed.

orcF03.jpg

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    An interesting tidbit from that reveal:
    We're still ironing out the fine details, so the art you see here is subject to change, but I'll let Senior 3D Artist Dusty Nolting and Lead Animator Steve Aguilar expand a bit on where we currently are with our green-skinned...oh wait, green and brown-skinned, long-tusked heroine

Bold emphasis mine. Looks like we might be getting some further race customization options after all.

Edit: A bit premature it seems - per Bashiok on the article:
    Bashiok wrote:
    This is in reference to the brown-skinned Orcs of Draenor, who will be using the new updated models as well of course.

We know there are a lot of requests for additional features and options, but as stated in this article "we made the decision early on to stay focused on improving what already exists in-game, and making sure we really nail it.

That said, we've also read your great ideas and feedback about features that you'd like to see as character customization options. Your collective voice matters to us, and we'd love to bring some of the coolest ideas to life someday if we can."

Again, emphasis mine.

So, customization appears to continue to be off the table for the time being, sadly.

Halfmex on
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Actually, Bashiok's "ret-con" brings up one of the points I'm excited about - all existing orc, human, gnome, dwarf, forsaken, jungle troll, night elf, tauren, blood elf, and draenei npcs are getting updated as well.

That's like, 40-50% of the mobs and probably 75% of all the npcs in the game.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    We're still ironing out the fine details, so the art you see here is subject to change, but I'll let Senior 3D Artist Dusty Nolting and Lead Animator Steve Aguilar expand a bit on where we currently are with our green-skinned...oh wait, green and brown-skinned, long-tusked heroine

Bold emphasis mine. Looks like we might be getting some further race customization options after all.

Bashiok wrote:
    This is in reference to the brown-skinned Orcs of Draenor, who will be using the new updated models as well of course.

We know there are a lot of requests for additional features and options, but as stated in this article "we made the decision early on to stay focused on improving what already exists in-game, and making sure we really nail it.

That said, we've also read your great ideas and feedback about features that you'd like to see as character customization options. Your collective voice matters to us, and we'd love to bring some of the coolest ideas to life someday if we can."

Again, emphasis mine.

So, customization appears to continue to be off the table for the time being, sadly.

God damnit.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Perhaps next expansion because I get the impression they probably are going to be very hesitant to add in more new classes. It's not just a matter of getting things balanced, but also one of making sure all the classes feel unique. With 11 classes, 34 unique specs (36 if one wants to argue that both fury warriors and frost DKs count as two specs each), talent trees with 7 tiers containing 3 talents per tier (possible a tier is added per expansion) and all of the abilities needed to give each spec a rotation, the tools to perform it's role and some abilities that make it feel unique (possible going back to a point where mythic raids are tuned around the idea that at least one of each class is present). Also worth noting that racials probably dip into potential class ability options. It really feels like we're running out of stuff to work with for a new class (I suppose maybe something like a tinkerer class that provides a straight up physical range dps with no pet, while maybe allow for the inclusion of tank and healer that make use of pets - problem being that pets kind of suck).

New race is kind of a crap shoot. It needs it's own starting zone and they'll probably want to be sure that there is enough demand to justify the effort of creating a new start zone, that may not see much use; especially, if it's only available to the new race.

Sub-races seem like a good option for adding in something new, while avoiding the issues that come with new races and classes. Hell, it's something they could do in addition to one of those two, but I think new races and sub-races are going to be the more likely than new classes going forward.

Anyways, I'm digging the new models that have been released thus far. They are pretty nice improvements over the old models.

Ogres are also getting new models for WoC, so that covers even more of the enemy models (though Ogres still aren't going to be playable, even though they are the only WC2 Horde race that's not playable in the heavily WC2-inspired expansion).

I think I heard Arakkoa are getting new models too? Though there aren't a lot of them around to update. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few other Outland natives get an overhaul too.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Bashiok wrote:

Again, emphasis mine.

Well there's more in the reveal that mentions that they have more plans for updating the character models after Warlords of Draenor. But the priority right now is to just update all existing options. When that's done, new options and details will be added.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think they mentioned that the arakkoa of WoD can still fly, so I don't think the TBC arakkoa will be updated

liEt3nH.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Bashiok wrote:

Again, emphasis mine.

Well there's more in the reveal that mentions that they have more plans for updating the character models after Warlords of Draenor. But the priority right now is to just update all existing options. When that's done, new options and details will be added.

Yeah, my supposition is that one of the major bullet points for the xpac after WoD will be "Tons of customization options!" and we'll get the different skin tones, tattoos, jewlery, hairstyles, maybe even body styles/sizes.

maybe even body styles/sizes.

I've never counted on this being a thing. There's no way it's happening.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

I dunno, the reasoning behind not doing it thus far has mainly been around performance, is my understanding anyway. But each new xpack pushes something new, engine wise, so it's not unreasonable.

I doubt it'd be something as robust as Aion, that allows you to make all sorts of absurd shapes and sizes, but at least a short/normal/tall skinny/normal/fat options.

Only semi-related, I have a suspicion the next xpack will either allow WoW to be played on tablets, or at least provide some major content that can be done on portable devices; it's something they can't really put off much longer. And if they can cull unnecessary skills even more, there's no reason it couldn't come to consoles; as FFXIV (and XI to a lesser degree before it) have shown that there are clever and intuitive ways to overcome skillbars on a controller.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    WoW: SteamOS console exclusive edition.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited February 2014

After everything Blizzard has said they'd never do and then did, I don't say never anymore. Pretty much anything is on the table at this point, especially considering all of their major bullet points (flying mounts, death knight class, Looking for Dungeon/Raid, Pandaren, Player Housing, Old World Flying, revamping all of 1-60 content, and so on) have been used up, they'll do whatever looks to be 1) profitable and 2) good for the life of the game. Customization is one of the last few bullet point items left for them to address, and people have been asking for it for years.

I don't think it's off the table so much as it is that they just need to find a way to justify the expense and effort, which is perfect for a new expansion.

Halfmex on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think the issue with adding body sliders is that they're doing work on new models and skeletons now, and if they don't build them with sliders in mind from the get-go adding them is going to basically mean doing as much work as they're doing on them now again.

liEt3nH.png
    Yeah, I would hope they've thought far enough ahead to consider that as a possibility so they're building that tech into the models they're using now. Who knows though; every new, fun, innovative thing they create is still bolted on to a ten year old engine, so anything's possible.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I think the issue with adding body sliders is that they're doing work on new models and skeletons now, and if they don't build them with sliders in mind from the get-go adding them is going to basically mean doing as much work as they're doing on them now again.
    exactly. if they were gonna add sliders, they'd be doing it now

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    exactly. if they were gonna add sliders, they'd be doing it now

Not necessarily. It's still a performance issue for the engine and displaying models on old systems. They could very easily be designing the current new models/skeletons to be scaled, but just not implementing it yet.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Speaking of customization options, I'm still kind of surprised there is no checkbox to make your character left-handed.

Before, I could see it was a technical issue because of fist weapons (where a lot of them were designed for one hand or the other--hence being locked to main-hand or off-hand--and it would have required extra code for it to fetch the other hand's model if you were left-handed), but they apparently solved that a while back around when they added Transmog I think.

Also that there is still no checkbox for hiding shoulders (like helms/cloaks) since their previous excuse is rendered obsolete by Transmog.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Aegis, what wisdom do you have to impart to me on the subject of not being a terrible boomkin?

@Delmain Get your legendary meta. It's that important. The Cloak's alright as incidental damage (okay it's 5% dps boost) and stat boosts, but 30% haste on a 40% uptime for us is nuts (it's around a 7-10% dps increase).

Target dummies will help you iron out an eclipse rotation, but it's pretty simple: You Starfire when you're in Lunar to get to Solar, and Wrath when you're in Solar to get to Lunar. Try not to refresh your DoTs outside an Eclipse, as the Eclipse'd DoT won't have its damage bonus otherwise (ie- you'll have to spend another Global reapplying it). Get Balance Power Tracker (it's a very old mod, but it hasn't really broken since it's pretty simple) for a better visual indicator of where your Eclipse is if you need it. If you're going to run Dream of Cenarius, you absolutely want to get practice in on a dummy as that introduces extra casts into your rotation, which are slightly annoying if it's not down to reflex yet (please don't ask me how I'm doing running Dream of Cenarius AND providing the raid's Faerie Fire buff; someone shoot me). Ideally you aim to cast Healing Touch when both Nature's Grace AND your Meta gem is up as that reduces the cast time substantially. Try not to cast it when Nature's Grace is down or you'll just be very sad. Oh and macro Nature's Swiftness to a Healing Touch cast so you have that to use every minute.

Basically what you want to be working on with target dummy tests of getting your rotation down is to work on your Nature's Grace & DoT uptimes. DoT uptimes should be above 90% as they're a significant if not the most significant portion of your damage outside Starsurge, so you need to be able to track them (either with a UI that shows you when your target has DoTs or a weakaura countdown list thing). Nature's Grace uptime should also be as high as possible as that indicates you're cycling through eclipses without much non-eclipse time, however I can't provide you an exact number as your uptime increases substantially when you get your legendary meta and I don't know if you have it.

Know your haste breakpoints. You want to eventually aim for the 10296 haste breakpoint as with Nature's Grace up that makes our DoTs hit the GCD; however, if you can't reach that while still maintaining at least 5000 crit rating don't worry about it yet; it'll come with gear. The breakpoint before that is somewhere around 5200 or something, but it's been so long, you'd have to check that.

I assume you know what the hit cap is. The actual rating needed will be lower if you happen to have the Amp trinket, though, but we're not really ever hurting for Hit this tier.

Openers are also really important! There's two of them: Lunar & Solar opener.
    Lunar
    Start 75 energy (1 cast) towards Lunar Eclipse.
    Cast Healing Touch if you have Dream of Cenarius, prior to the pull.
    Pre-pot.

When the pull happens:
    1) Starfall (#1)
    2) Wrath to Lunar
    3) Incarnation of Elune (& Nature's Vigil if you're running that)
    4) Moonfire & Sunfire
    *) Healing Touch if you have Dream anytime prior to you hitting 0 Lunar Energy.
    5) Starfire/Starsurge procs until you reach 0 Lunar
    6) Starfall (#2) when the previous Starfall is done BEFORE using Celestial Alignment or you'll waste a Starfall (it immediately comes off cooldown when you use CA).
    7) Celestial Alignment.
    8) Immediately reapply DoTs (only one cast since you have both Eclipses).
    9) Starfire/Starsurge procs until eclipse ends.
    10) Just before Celestial Alignment runs out, reapply DoTs.
    *) Healing Touch at any point prior to entering Solar if you're Dream.
    11) Starfall (#3) once the previous Starfall is done.
    12) Enter Solar and continue through your Eclipse phases as normal.
    Solar
    If you're running Dream, Healing Touch before entering Solar.
    Start at 100 energy in Solar (ie- consume that Dream buff and go right into Solar).
    Cast Healing Touch if you have Dream again so it's up, prior to the pull.
    Pre-pot.

When the pull happens:
    1) Starfall (#1).
    2) Incarnation of Elune + Celestial Alignment (& Nature's Vigil if you're running that) immediately. We actually want to spend as little time in Solar as possible.
    3a) Apply DoTs (one cast).
    3b) Apply more DoTs.
    3c) MORE DOTS
    4) Starfire (NOT Wrath)/Starsurge procs until CA is over.
    5) Before CA is over, reapply your DoTs.
    *) Healing Touch if you have Dream anytime prior to going into Lunar.
    6) Starfall (#2) when the first one ends, ideally while Celestial Alignment is still active for the eclipse bonus.
    7) Wrath twice and Starsurge once (unless the proc screws you) to get into Lunar in 3 casts.
    8) Starfall (#3) when the second one ends, and then continue through your Eclipse phases as normal.

Typically you'll just use the Lunar opener (I'm going to ignore the discussion over whether Solar opener is similar DPS to Lunar on single-targets) on single-target bosses, as it's the tried and trusted way to open. Solar opener, by contrast, serves two functions: a) You use it when it's a multi-target fight (Protectors, Galakras, Dark Shaman); or b) You're running Force of Nature. In the case of the multi-target fight, the reason you run Solar is that the immediate use of CA means we can double-DoT all the targets with substantially less GCD casts of our DoTs since they're being double-applied (hence the section on MORE DOTS). I don't actually know the benefit for why we run that opener with Force of Nature as the treants don't actually inherit any Eclipse bonuses, so there shouldn't be a difference between Lunar and Solar; we just do. The opener is slightly different for Treants, though, as you want to apply DoTs or cast a few spells prior to using your Treants because you want to proc your RPPM trinkets so the Treants gain a respective damage boost.

Characters
    I probably forgot to include some things (AOE rota...hahaha, just kidding, we don't have any AOE), but I had already written a book.

Characters
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Are we supposed to be able to get conquest points yet for s15?

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    1) Find hunter attacking players near your PvP vendor on top of the Great Wall of Pandaria.
    2) Engage hunter.
    3) Find yourself in a heated battle.
    4) Try desperately to kill hunter as your health whittles away.
    5) Despair when hunter disengages after all your movement and CC breaking abilities are on cooldown.
    6) Rejoice when hunter's disengage launches them off the wall and to their demise below.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Whoo, good night of raiding tonight. First I got a Heroic Cleave trinket from Spoils, which is marginally useful. I mean, okay, not really. It's really only just for padding at this point. But cool nonetheless. Secondly and probably more importantly, we made some decent progression on Heroic Paragons. Last week we were only sometimes getting to Xaril, and never actually past him. Now, we are consistently killing Xaril and getting ~50% into Kaz'tik. We are SO close on a kill, I can feel it. It doesn't help, though, when people start wiping to stupid things like Amber Puddles or Fire Lines or w/e. But we're getting there.

I think so far Heroic Paragons is my favorite Heroic fight. It's all kinds of crazy and chaotic and I fucking love fights like that. It's not as soul crushing as I had envisioned it to be, but it's still fairly challenging and difficult. I also finally perfected tanking Rikkal, so I no longer have to rely on Glyph of Guard to prevent Injection. Instead I cancel Elusive Brew after I've used it, and then save it right before Injection. Better off this way since I actually get to use Guard for the rest of the fight, being that it's almost entirely physical damage and Glyph of Guard only prevents magic damage.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited February 2014
    So uh...as an update to our Heroic Protectors experience last night of being "we can totally do this" after not trying them for two weeks...

...We one-shot Heroic Protectors tonight O_o Our fill-in Rogue with Flex weapon got his Dagger to drop off it too, so his DPS is just going to skyrocket.

Got to see a good 8 pulls or so on Heroic Sha and we hit 33%, steady progression each pull once we started to understand the Rift Dance.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be able to get conquest points yet for s15?

As far as I know, no, there isn't a way to get Conquest Points. It is possible to get (up to 2 bits?) gear from the Celestials though, although I suspect the Warrior in full Prideful got his gear via another less than legal route.

PSN Fleety2009
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So we're finally kind of getting some progress on hc Malk, and about time. I got a problem though.. I can solo tank the first Blood Rage, no problems, but I don't have the cdr trinket (which is crap for everything except that one fight, so I kind of didn't bother with it). My Fort Brew isn't off cd for 2nd Rage though, so there's like maybe 15 seconds or so I have to survive without it. Zen Meditation is 8 seconds, so I have to stay alive some time without a major cd.

On our last wipe I had like 1 second Fort Brew cd left before dying. I got hc wf Protectors trinket easterday (as if it hadn't dropped every damn week, I've had it on my alt for weeks..), so I hope that's enough to survive comfortably. As much as I hate stam trinkets on brewmaster. It's silly how good Fort Brew is compared to all other cooldowns :P

The menu button being replaced by a question mark is irritating, what was wrong with the old icon that made more sense? I mean it doesn't really matter but it pisses me off anyway. Also the huge shop button on char select screen.

Keemossi on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Had an instance group fuck up. Tank and one other went one way, rest of the group went to the boss the tank had skipped. I'm running between the two groups until the tank pulls so I go to help out, thinking we'd run back to the boss; but then one of the other two pulls the boss. We actaully defeat everything, but in the process pulled ANOTHER pack at the last second and we all die. Tank starts flipping the hell out and yelling "who pulled the boss?" I don't say anything, because I don't really care, and if I did I'd be bitching at him for complaining about wiping on level 60 dungeon that takes 20 minutes to complete on a bad day. Oh well, respawn and carry on.

I manually rezz and get a little lost on teh way back, by the time I get back, I'm suddenly made the leader but then I'm booted out of the instance (I didn't get a "you have been kicked" message, but having never been kicked before I don't know if you get those.) but I figure that's what happened. All because I didn't go "Not me" when he was trying to pin a wipe on somebody. :P I just can't believe what a whiny little bitch that guy was.

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    My guild is kind of stuck on normal Garrosh. The big problem seems to be the empowered whirlwind. For some reason we can't get aggro to stick to the dps for the adds. They'll invariably clump up on a tank or healer, even if a dps is hammering on it. Does anyone have any insight into how these adds behave or strategies that have worked for you?

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote: »
    My guild is kind of stuck on normal Garrosh. The big problem seems to be the empowered whirlwind. For some reason we can't get aggro to stick to the dps for the adds. They'll invariably clump up on a tank or healer, even if a dps is hammering on it. Does anyone have any insight into how these adds behave or strategies that have worked for you?

The adds should have normal aggro table. People should be spread out anyway because of the bolts that spawn adds, have everybody nuke the add that's thrown at them (or one closest to them), and people with taunts should adds if there's two near each other. The adds take some time before they actually start moving so if healers are getting add aggro it's probably just dps failing to pick targets.

For the last phase just have a tank kite or tank them

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Nice... 522 PvP gear is already available for honor. My fresh 90 is a happy boy!

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So after having one of our healers quit raiding to have a baby, another healer go to Europe for 2 months, a DPS just up and vanish, and one of our tanks decide to slow down on the raiding train I'm a little annoyed.

We have enough trials/alts to field a full group (thankfully) but it's not fun wiping all night to bosses you've already killed a million times before. It's really shit to wipe on Nazgrim before he even hits Prot stance. Our trials aren't bad (their gear could use a little help though) but we're running 3 trials and an alt at this point, the group just hasn't worked together enough. It's fucking frustrating though. We should be pushing ahead on our Blackfuse/Paragons progress and we can't even kill Nazgrim in 2 nights.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Bashiok wrote:

Again, emphasis mine.

I think they will sneak in a brown orc skin if you random it a lot a la like the dark iron look you are rumored to get

This discussion has been closed.