As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

1646566676870»

• Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    Hey Weary,
    I think I just sent you a message asking you about the reserve on your auction.
    I'm glad to see that it's actually a collector that's posting them and not just someone that gathered them to flip em'
    It sucks that you're in a bad place and need to sell them, but I'm happy to try to help out by making an attempt at a bid if it means you're going to be helped out by it instead of just filling someones pockets.
    I hope things turn around for you brother.

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Weary,
    That sucks to hear man, I hope everything is going relatively okay. Remember, financial times come and go, you'll make it out of them just fine. It sucks that you have to sell your collection, but I'm sure you'll be able to come back stronger once your finances get back in order, and we'll always be here with pins to trade to help you along the way! You'll always be a part of the community even if you have no pins and just hang out to talk.

• Weary TravelerWeary Traveler PortlandRegistered User regular
    Thanks, everyone. I was just kidding before about getting teary eyed. Now you folks are making that closer and closer to true. Times HAVE been really tough. But I know I'll make it. This too shall pass

Pin Trades:2x Full Prime Core Sets, Core Set 2012, Chandra East, CTS Gabe (2013), Zombie Tycho(2013), Merch(2012 or 2013), Prime Kemper, Pigglesworth, Pinny Arcade Logo(2013), Hanna
    Pin Needs:Tabletop Tycho, Pax East Kemper, Pax East Logo, Aus Core Set
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ok now some time has passed, are we allowed to link to the auction?

:P

It's against forum rules to post the auction. But, I mean, you can guess the website it's on, and a quick search for "pinny arcade" should turn them both up. (one for all my pins except dlc, and one for just dlc)

Pin Trades:2x Full Prime Core Sets, Core Set 2012, Chandra East, CTS Gabe (2013), Zombie Tycho(2013), Merch(2012 or 2013), Prime Kemper, Pigglesworth, Pinny Arcade Logo(2013), Hanna
  • Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    Crap!
    Is it against the rules to link it?
    I linked another person's auction that was selling "blind sets" a couple weeks back.
    Hope I didn't tick anyone off.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You've been banned this entire time and didn't even know it!

I dunno. I'm pretty sure someone said it's against the rules to post your own auction or whatever. I just looked at the rules though, and don't see that anywhere. Shrug.

I think you're fine to post a random auction to on topic stuff ("Hey guys, pins!"), probably just not your own ("Hey guys, MY pins!").

I think its a grey area, yeah. I don't believe you can link to your own in order to push up bids or try to get money, but if someone else just blindly links it as a "hey guys, look at this!" then I don't believe its frowned upon.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes you should not link your ebay thing. If you ever need clarification, PM me :)

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Note for the FAQ: With Kenneth finally getting a Staff Pin, what about the other people who we have never seen or heard about before? Nathan (in the warehouse) was mentioned on the Staff podcast. Who are the others?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Maybe those staff members don't get to go to PAX? I mean they must need some people to hang behind, right?

I thought of another question earlier today but I forgot... maybe I'll remember it later.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Do you think that Katie Rice might get her own official PA pin? It would probably be only for one year if they did, but it'd be cool to get each Strip Search winner in pin form for their time at PA.

Clix on
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Do you think that Katie Rice might get her own official PA pin? It would probably be only for one year if they did, but it'd be cool to get each Strip Search winner in pin form for their time at PA.

I think Camp Weedonwantcha might get a Set at some point. I don't think we will see character Pins, at least for a while.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Or maybe a Camp W. pin?

On that note id also really like to see trenches get some pinny love....Ah! im doing it again, back to the suggestions thread!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Note for the FAQ: With Kenneth finally getting a Staff Pin, what about the other people who we have never seen or heard about before? Nathan (in the warehouse) was mentioned on the Staff podcast. Who are the others?

Nathan often attends PAX as an enforcer (which he was before he started working for PA), not in his warehouse\merch job. No idea what the future will hold though.

As PA grows there will probably be some people who don't attend PAX's regularly, and thus probably won't have pins. But who knows.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »

Nathan often attends PAX as an enforcer (which he was before he started working for PA), not in his warehouse\merch job. No idea what the future will hold though.

As PA grows there will probably be some people who don't attend PAX's regularly, and thus probably won't have pins. But who knows.

It's just weird to me that there are Staff that we have never seen on PATV or heard on the podcast. I keep imagining that Khoo keeps them trapped in jars on a shelf, ready to be deployed when needed.

Beker wrote: »

It's just weird to me that there are Staff that we have never seen on PATV or heard on the podcast. I keep imagining that Khoo keeps them trapped in jars on a shelf, ready to be deployed when needed.

Perhaps they're all being kept in hiding until the second series of Staff Pins!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You never know....one of US could be PA staff -_-

IVE GOT MY EYE ON YOU fishfishmonkeyhat That fancy hat isnt fooling anyone!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    You know how every application for any job with PA says "Must have a crazy attention to detail.." somewhere in it? That is why I will never get a job with them.

Or WiLl i?!?!

No.

• KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Anyone listened to the latest staff podcast? Almost had some cool discussion around pins at the start... until Khoo interrupted with ping pong talk. Anyway, the pins were the Valentines and the released KI pins which had just been released at the time of recording, so that's about how "far behind" the staff podcasts are. Still, it could be a good vessel for some behind the scenes pin details in the future. I'd love to hear a staff podcast after or leading up to a limited edition release.

At the end they say if there's anything we want them to talk about email podcast@penny-arcade.com. So, if anyone's got specific pin (or other) stuff they want to hear, go for it.

Kamelon on
    Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
This discussion has been closed.