As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old 2.15 Patch thread.

1929394959698»

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    am0n wrote: »
    Hmm. I remember that now. Why did we move it? Krom couldn't make it tonight?

Maybe you guys unconsciously predicted the patch drop? Some of you must have level 50 black mages for that sort of auguring, surely.

Joe peered into the slain Eft's entrails, and discerned that Thursday at 8 pm EST would be the ideal time to take the fight to Garuda and his vile primal minions. And just in time for the high tide special at the Drowning Wench afterwards!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Hmm. I remember that now. Why did we move it? Krom couldn't make it tonight?

Yar Krom is flying back to San Diego for a couple of weeks. I'm picking him up from the airport at around 4:30 PM PST or something.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, this would also be a Bravely default night for me, but it isn't because my local Gamestop is bad at selling games.

That's OK, I am sure I can find something else to do for the evening.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    behemoth was easy to get gold on. weren't even stacked on ranged dps

Jars on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I've gotten gold on behemoth several times, nothing higher than silver on Odin ever; prior to 2.1 it was mostly bronze/fails.

Honestly I just detest the randomness of the spawns. I guess I kind of understand why they don't want it to be a set cycle, but IMO random respawns is actually far worse for the playerbase. It promotes nothing but camping and provides about zero benefit other than not crashing a server from too many people.

Someone in the FC suggested something far superior though, having an hour or so 'window' where you could queue for the duty, make it 8 or 24 man, so that even if you aren't the fortunate golden child who got the tag, you have a chance at actually seeing success ever, and it would allow the mechanics of said fights to actually be meaningful, or exist at all. Hell, even then you could keep it a random 'spawn' since you're giving leeway for people to actually organize themselves and enjoy the content instead of zerg rushing and not actually seeing a damn thing.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    I don't really see the attraction of those bosses, it's such a cluster, you can't see what's going on, there's no interesting mechanics. It's just a zerg. MEH.

Reminds me of GW2 world bosses, and those were terrible too.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Couldn't sign in this morning because of server errors and then had to do too much work.

I'm bummed it's maintenance tonight.

I'm excited for random minion/mount button tomorrow though!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I was doing some Haukke Manor HM today for myth stones. Ended up in a group with two bards, but I noticed that only one set of DoTs was going up on the trash mobs. One of the bards informed me that he didn't DoT on trash mobs...

Vote kicked him.

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Just because they aren't DPSing well isn't a reason to vote-kick someone imo.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Just because they aren't DPSing well isn't a reason to vote-kick someone imo.

It is in Haukke HM where bad DPS will cause you to wipe. If he's to stupid to use DoTs (which with River of Blood will reset the Bloodletter attack) then I'm not going to let him drag down the group.

Esh on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    It's just trash mobs man. Bards aren't DoT centric enough to vote kick just for being a little lazy on trash mobs.

If he was failing to DoT on an actual boss that would make more sense.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    if someone is not able to output the dps needed to kill the last boss in haukke mannor then what other suggestions do you have?

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    if someone is not able to output the dps needed to kill the last boss in haukke mannor then what other suggestions do you have?

He didn't say anything about the last boss. He specifically said the guy wasn't using DoTs on trash mobs. And then vote kicked him based on that. It doesn't sound like they even attempted the last boss before the guy was vote kicked.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    From what he said, we have no reason to believe they attempted any bosses.

• Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    I'm on ps3 and obviously the servers are down now. Can I download the patch now while the servers are down? I can't figure out how.

Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
    I'm on ps3 and obviously the servers are down now. Can I download the patch now while the servers are down? I can't figure out how.

I don't think anyone can download the patch just yet. One it's up you should be able to patch before the servers come up, not 100% sure on that though.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • NezeriusNezerius NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    None of the trash mobs will actually cause you to wipe, if your group has bad dps.

Unless said Bard considered the adds on the first and last boss to be trash mobs as well.

FFXIV: Rintha Elenah
    Steam: Nezerius
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.

For the first boss, if you get what, 3 or 4 skeletons in the purple rings it'll summon the big skeleton right?

And for the last boss, the lower the HP on the adds, the less damage the boss's rain of blood does.

I noticed that with the two add spawn on the last boss, if one add was nearly dead, the boss would eat it and do like 805 damage. If the second one wasn't beaten to death within a certain time limit, the boss would eat it anyway and do like 1K - 2K damage.

I've got cabin fever from maintenance.

Favorite Scions, people. Go. Papalymo, Yda, Y'shtola, Thancred, Urianger, Minfilia (god forbid), who is it?

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    My character, cause I actually got shit done.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    Y'shtola/Yda > Papalymo > Urianger > Thancred > Minfilia > Alphinaud/Alisaie >>>>>>>>>> That new guy that got introduced in 2.1

Nezerius wrote: »
    Y'shtola/Yda > Papalymo > Urianger > Thancred > Minfilia > Alphinaud/Alisaie >>>>>>>>>> That new guy that got introduced in 2.1

What new guy? I don't recall a new Scion.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    It's just trash mobs man. Bards aren't DoT centric enough to vote kick just for being a little lazy on trash mobs.

If he was failing to DoT on an actual boss that would make more sense.

DOT's are a major part of a Bards DPS rotation. Not using them is a significant loss of DPS from both the damage from the DOT's themselves but also not getting any River of Blood procs. A good Bard will also be using Repelling Shot and Blunt Arrow when they're off cooldown. Yes they both hit like a wet noodle but it's just a little bit more damage, and Blunt Arrow is not on the global cooldown so it doesn't effect your rotation.

This Bard was far from a little lazy he's detrimentally lazy and is basically not using 50% of his basic skills. Trash mobs have a lot of health and not using all of the skills available to you to kill them is wasting the rest of the groups time because he couldn't be bothered to hit two keys on his keyboard.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Yukira wrote: »
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.

For the first boss, if you get what, 3 or 4 skeletons in the purple rings it'll summon the big skeleton right?

And for the last boss, the lower the HP on the adds, the less damage the boss's rain of blood does.

I noticed that with the two add spawn on the last boss, if one add was nearly dead, the boss would eat it and do like 805 damage. If the second one wasn't beaten to death within a certain time limit, the boss would eat it anyway and do like 1K - 2K damage.

I think it's 4+ for the big guy on the first boss. It's not terribly hard to make sure you're doing a circle around the room (if you're the tank) making sure more than an add or two don't drop together, I haven't had the big guy spawn in ages when I'm tanking.

For the last boss, yeah, the boss gets a stronger blood rain (forget the exact name) based on how much health an add had before she ate it; which is a major problem for the final 'boss' add because she'll use the rain 2-3 times in the last 30-40% of her health and if you didn't down the add it's pretty much a for sure wipe combined with the slow+void fira IV.

For the double add portion (the second add phase) she will always eat them in a specific order unless you do too much DPS to the wrong one then it's a clusterfuck.

To clarify, under 'correct' conditions she'll always eat the one that spawns on the left (left being your left as you enter the room facing the boss) first, then the one on the right. So they should be marked and dps'ed accordingly. However if the right one gets too much dps she will eat it at a certain %, and will still eat the left one faster than you can dps it down if your DPS isn't really good.

The final add is the killer though, and where any saved LB should be used. The shit thing is with Lady antabogabatatabatabatata (the last add) is that she will use Dark Mist, often at the same time as the boss boss, or worse, staggered, which keeps melee off of both of them for a pretty absurdly long period of time. If you're in Haukke HM with 2 melee who don't really know their job extremely well, you can be dicked over on that portion alone because of the sheer amount of 'getting out of shit' that is necessary.

Having said all that, I've never really had a problem with haukke hm. Once I did because right after 2.1 (I think it might have been fixed) a mnk who was still in quest AF gear got it in their roulette and simply couldn't put out the necessary dps on the last boss, they left on their own volition. Another time I failed because neither dps was very good and they vote abandoned to my irritation because i would have been able to get replacements and gotten my Myth. :rotate:

If anything the second boss is where most of the parties I've been in fuck up; it's non stop movement the whole fight really.

What new guy? What are you talking about.

If you're talking about Hildebrand I'm going to cut you.

Yeah if you're talking about Hildibrand that is pretty much the worst opinion you could possibly have

edited February 2014
    Hildibrand isn't a Scion. (which is a good thing, the players wouldn't even get the chance to touch any Primals with him around)

I meant that guy that showed up in the CT questchain, G'raha Tia.

LoMqkwn.jpg

Nezerius on
    Hildibrand isn't a Scion (which is a good thing, the players wouldn't even get the chance to touch any Primals with him around)

I meant that guy that showed up in the CT questchain, G'raha Tia.

Wh-...OH. Him. God he's forgettable.

Yeah he's pretty bad.

Oh, that male catgirl guy? Yeah I'm not sure what the point of him at all is, except to lamely set up a latter 'twist' when he goes 'bad'. :rotate:

edited February 2014
    In light of the new patch dropping tonight and all the discussion that will most certainly surround it!

Have a new thread!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/187600/ffxiv-arr-all-hail-patch-2-16-and-the-random-minion-mount-button

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png