As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Tech] thread - Galaxy Gear is bad

19596979899101»

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Blue 4 Life

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    @Athenor

idk if these tickle your fancy alarm clock wise or what you have for a phone but they both seem pretty neat

https://grandst.com/p/dreamer

https://grandst.com/p/snooze

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Dayum.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    But really I dunno bout this tablet

Nothing mind blowing. The widgets are kinda neat

Still haven't found a decent live remote support tool, though Microsoft did make an official RDP app so in theory our people wouldn't even need to bring a laptop on many trips.

Athenor wrote: »
    Dayum.

i dig the idea of still using my phone but adding a physical snooze button

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    those seem like huge wastes of money mr blais

not my money though, so whatever floats your boat

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    those seem like huge wastes of money

just blais it

WOULD SOMEONE LOCK THIS DAMN THREAD ALREADY

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »
    exist wrote: »
    16, 17 bil ain't shit. unimpressed.

really? because the last two times Facebook has been in the media for acquisition reasons it's been Instagram (which they got for fucking pennies), and when Snapchat turned them down (which I think was probably silly of Snapchat, 3 billion is what that company is worth)

whereas here i would say whatsapp is probably worth ~16 billion given that 4 of that is cash and the other 12 is in Facebook shares

no, not really. I had no idea Facebook had anywhere close to that amount of money. I cannot even comprehend buying anything for that much

to put it in perspective, for the cost of what they paid for whatsapp

Rv8cVq8.png

they could have purchased every good and service produced by Jamaica over the course of a year

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I dont think facebook really needs an amazing bobsled team

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Bobsledville?

what if Facebook bought Haiti and renamed it "Facebook Island"

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I really need to figure out how to program apps for iOS (C#, right?) and develop a groupsnapchatdrawangrybirdsflappyuploadville application. Wait for half a billion people to install it, and then sell to Google, Facebook, Apple, whoever will give the most billions for it.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    there is a game on Android's games front page called "jiggler"

it is pinball with boobs?

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty bummed about the whatsapp thing. I use it quite a bit, the groups messaging is pretty handy to quickly arrange social things in groups, and it is free and stable messages that work of my phone number library instead of different userIDs / logins.
    The main reason I like whatsapp is that they neither look at or store any of the conversation serverside. All it does is pass it on. This makes me a lot more comfortable than any of the other major applications out there, who all at least reserve the right to feed it right into the social media datamine.
    And now that is probably dead.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Huh? I thought they stored everything. I'm pretty sure I got access to my old conversations after I factory-reset and restored my phone.

I use WhatsApp and I do dislike their "security" and I do know of better alternatives (Threema for one is at least a bit better) but I have like one contact who doesn't use it (and also wouldn't use any other app) so it's completely unfeasible to switch. It's way too big to die now.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Huh? I thought they stored everything. I'm pretty sure I got access to my old conversations after I factory-reset and restored my phone.

I use WhatsApp and I do dislike their "security" and I do know of better alternatives (Threema for one is at least a bit better) but I have like one contact who doesn't use it (and also wouldn't use any other app) so it's completely unfeasible to switch. It's way too big to die now.

They store the convos on the microsd on phones. It is never stored anywhere on their servers.
    The main downside is that stolen phone = lost convos.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Well, I don't have a microsd, but apparently they store stuff in iCloud.

This discussion has been closed.