As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Those Nutty Boardgames are At It TWICE (PRE and POST Pax Boardgame Nights)

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    This just in, I will also bring a copy of BANG!

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • PitBull008PitBull008 Registered User regular
    Oh sorry. Derpderp. Firefall was meh =P, not worth a board game. ilta, if you find yourself wanting to play, find us!

• evilallthetimeevilallthetime Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Excited to play games and meet great people!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'll be flying in, but I can bring a couple of small games!
    Namely, Coup and Bang! (Just base + Dodge City; I only have the boxes, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to explain the giant bullet-shaped metal cylinder to security)

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Since I see it's under requested games, I can bring a copy of Munchkin cthulhu since its small and I've got a copy.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Secret. Tijuana. DEATHMATCH.

El Muerto is waiting for you, backstage, with a steel chair.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »

You must play this game with me. It is the price of attendance.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I can bring along Munchkin. I'll be able to attend the 'post' event, but not the 'pre' since I don't land in Boston till 6:30pm (Unless I wander over from the Seaport late).

I don't have the original set, but I have Munchkin Cthulu (with first 3 expansions), Super Munchkin, and the Good the Bad and the Munchkin.

If y'all would be interested in having those available, I'd be more than happy to come along with them. I absolutely love card games.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    Count me in. I may be drunk. Probably. yes

I'd like to request 'Two Rooms and a Boom'

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    sacratoy wrote: »
    I can bring along Munchkin. I'll be able to attend the 'post' event, but not the 'pre' since I don't land in Boston till 6:30pm (Unless I wander over from the Seaport late).

I don't have the original set, but I have Munchkin Cthulu (with first 3 expansions), Super Munchkin, and the Good the Bad and the Munchkin.

If y'all would be interested in having those available, I'd be more than happy to come along with them. I absolutely love card games.

This works since I'll have munchkin for pre but I won't be there for post since my flight leaves at...sometime I'll be looking up probably sunday afternoon.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • KaladinKaladin Western NYRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »

This game was probably the best $5 I ever spent. Two thumbs up from me.

• AngelinePetrichorAngelinePetrichor Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Edited my post, we'll be at the Westin. Ladies and Gentlemen is one of our favorites, and just get's better with more people/booze.

Ahhh I've been wanting to play that for ages! Pick me pick me!

I also have a few of the PAXeast booster packs from last year if anyone wants those for their CAH game.

AngelinePetrichor on
  • SynthetiKatSynthetiKat Registered User regular
    I, along with 3 others, will be bringing our Netrunner decks with us!!

We'll also have Mercs and Kanzume Goddess. Still thinking of other small and pack-able games to bring with us.

• iltailta Registered User regular
    Edited my post, we'll be at the Westin. Ladies and Gentlemen is one of our favorites, and just get's better with more people/booze.

Ahhh I've been wanting to play that for ages! Pick me pick me!

I also have a few of the PAXeast booster packs from last year if anyone wants those for their CAH game.

Angeline -- are you the one who taught Tycho "petrichor" at the Q&A last year? That was awesome.

Anyway, I'm still down a CAH pack A -- do you have one? What are you asking for it?

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    So excited! This is maybe my favorite nights of PAX. I will be there with a few games in hand (DC Deck Builder and maybe Relic Expansion or Euphoria... they are heavy, so let me know if someone wants me to bring those games). However, can I humbly request someone bring the Marvel Deck Builder Game. I really want to see the difference.

Thank you!

Lady A

Who is going to PAX South?
  • TheRealMadisonTheRealMadison Registered User new member
    A group of friends and I bought and played BSG in the food hall last year on sat, had nearly 100 people stop by. Bringing that this year.

• TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    A group of friends and I bought and played BSG in the food hall last year on sat, had nearly 100 people stop by. Bringing that this year.

I love BSG, but it's a pain packing it up. We are currently using 4 boxes with all the expansions and whatnot. If anybody is playing though, I'd love to jump in and assassinate a few strangers.

• RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    The Cookie Brigade will have at their table:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Zombie Dice
    Cthulhu Dice

Probably also some variant(s) of munchkin and who knows what else might show up.

Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • AngelinePetrichorAngelinePetrichor Registered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    Angeline -- are you the one who taught Tycho "petrichor" at the Q&A last year? That was awesome.

Anyway, I'm still down a CAH pack A -- do you have one? What are you asking for it?

haha afraid so. I think I have an A; the opportunity to use it in a game where the references are actually understood would be reward enough for giving it away.

• QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular

I love BSG, but it's a pain packing it up. We are currently using 4 boxes with all the expansions and whatnot. If anybody is playing though, I'd love to jump in and assassinate a few strangers.

Get thee to a Plano box! With a 3650, you can successfully house the base, Exodus, and Pegasus expansions all in the original base game box. If you grow any further beyond that, you'll need a Plano 1374.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Wondering if I should look to be adopted for the evening ... me and my plus one ... :)

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Does anyone play the old Star Wars CCG? I still have all my cards and was planning on having them with me and would love to try to get a game of this together. Let me know!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2014
    sfford2008 wrote: »
    Does anyone play the old Star Wars CCG? I still have all my cards and was planning on having them with me and would love to try to get a game of this together. Let me know!
    I do and I bring one deck of each side to each pax. I have played a grand total of once at pax ;). when I had it set up, I got a lot of people walking by doing the "oh man I haven't seen that game in ages!" I will probably bring my usual two decks but I can't guarantee I'll be around at this shindig.

zerzhul on
  • SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    I got to play Ladies and Gentlemen over last weekend and it was a ton of fun! If given the chance, I'd definitely play that again (and my fiance, since she didn't get a chance to play yet).
    sfford2008 wrote: »

That game used to be my life. I was ranked in the top-100 back in the day, and did tournaments all over the place. It was absolutely wonderful. Then, I started college and had no time or money to play anymore, so I fell off completely.

I'm not sure where my old cards are anymore, and the last time I played was....I want to say it was just after the Endor expansion, so I'm far from up to date (and of course, then there's all the fan-made stuff from after Decipher lost the license). I know I won't have time to catch up and make a deck before then, but if I catch you there and you have a spare deck or 3, I might not mind playing a game for old time's sake :)

Yeah all my stuff is tournament-ready from DS2/pre-DS2. I did fairly well in my region but never really branched out.

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Schmulki wrote: »

That game used to be my life. I was ranked in the top-100 back in the day, and did tournaments all over the place. It was absolutely wonderful. Then, I started college and had no time or money to play anymore, so I fell off completely.

I'm not sure where my old cards are anymore, and the last time I played was....I want to say it was just after the Endor expansion, so I'm far from up to date (and of course, then there's all the fan-made stuff from after Decipher lost the license). I know I won't have time to catch up and make a deck before then, but if I catch you there and you have a spare deck or 3, I might not mind playing a game for old time's sake :)

I still have both my decks assembled...need to make a few adjustments to make sure we have a balanced game...since my dark side always seemed to be a lot stronger than my light side decks...I tried to have my decks up through the Death Star 2 expansion (I didn't like going into the episode 1 expansions as much).

I will need a brush up on the rules since I haven't played in a long long time!

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I also FINALLY picked up Illuminati, and I'll try to get some reps on it before we come out, since it's kinda complicated and apparently can run a little long.

But any game where you can be the Church of the SubGenius attempting to control Orbital Mind-Control Lasers using the KGB is worth playing.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    Count me in. I may be drunk. Probably. yes

I'd like to request 'Two Rooms and a Boom'

2R1B backer here, I've got the print & play printed & sleeved. I'll definitely bring my copy. Got to participate in a 30-person game recently, it was fantastic.

• RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that someone will bring a copy of the Rampage board game. Looks like just the kind of game to unwind with after a long day.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • sukibethsukibeth Registered User new member
    Will be bringing Fortune and Glory for play on Thursday at the Westin. If anyone is interested I will also bring along Forbidden Island... have to tote along cookies too, so there space is limited xD

Rhiley wrote: »
    I'm hoping that someone will bring a copy of the Rampage board game. Looks like just the kind of game to unwind with after a long day.

That, IMO, would be a foolish game to bring if you're the owner of said game. The odds of losing a piece are much higher at a convention than at home, and Rampage sends pieces flying with regularity.

sukibeth wrote: »
    Will be bringing Fortune and Glory for play on Thursday at the Westin. If anyone is interested I will also bring along Forbidden Island... have to tote along cookies too, so there space is limited xD

Saw that demoed on Geek and Sundry, would love to give it a try may have to seek you out!

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    So wish I could make it but I probably wont be to Boston till after 7pm on Thursday

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • SwordnStoneSwordnStone Registered User regular
    kube00 wrote: »
    So wish I could make it but I probably wont be to Boston till after 7pm on Thursday

Oh don't worry, people will be there FAR into the night. There are still plenty of people and games going until after midnight. I'll certainly be there until 1 am at least, so you can come play with me!

Quit now and cake will be served immediately.
    edited March 2014
    My clock runs 3 hours behind (and I'm not going to bother adjusting it just for 5 days), so I fully intend on being up playing till like 3 am.

Quintious on
    bump. wouldn't want this get lost in all the noise

edited March 2014
    Please do not post only to bump threads.

zerzhul on
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Now that PAX is getting so close and the passes have come in and I know I'll be there Thursday, I'm so for this! I'll even be staying at the Westin this year, so extra awesome. My roommate has Werewolf and I'll ask her to bring it so she may join us and run it when she gets in Thursday night. :3

UyhWici.png
  • TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried Archipelago?

Has anyone tried Archipelago?

Very good game that had the potential to be great, but fell a bit short.

This discussion has been closed.