As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    A tip for anyone doing Temple of the Jade Serpent challange mode, make sure to have everyone stay within the two circles closest to the first boss while you fight him. If you don't he starts casting a pulse that causes tons of damage and makes it incredibly hard to heal, we learned this after spending pretty much all night struggling on him. So... Don't be us.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Which one is the first boss the fish or the book?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    WoW: SteamOS console exclusive edition.

What is odd is that FF online, Conan, Star Trek and Lord of the rings MMOs are on steam
    I am sure there are others but that is all I can think of right off hand

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Which one is the first boss the fish or the book?

The fish guy. It's really the hardest part about that particular challange mode, the rest of the pulls aren't that bad. We ended up missing gold by like a minute but we didn't really know where to skip trash or even how to do that first boss fight right so I imagine we'll get it next time.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Yeah I think jade serpent cm is easiest. We got it on our second practice try (no consumables, taking it easy) (but we knew about the pulse on the fish)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Oh my.

Spoilers are coming in from someone who is apparently playing the Beta at a media event in Europe on MMO-C.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, evidently they're doing the WoD EU Press Tour (all under NDA). Speaking of which, the beta release for the past two expansions have happened within a couple of weeks of those press tours ending, so we can probably expect the beta to hit early-mid next month.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Oh my.

Spoilers are coming in from someone who is apparently playing the Beta at a media event in Europe on MMO-C.

It's a pretty light spoiler, IMO, but it does highlight to me one of the biggest problems they're going to have with WoD, lore-wise:
    *said spoiler is discussed within*
    Alternate Velen dies....so what?

I mean, that's the rub, they made it very clear that this isn't time travel so events on this alternate draenor aren't going to effect 'our' timeline, and the only impact they could have on 'our' Azeroth is if their Iron Horde makes it through to our azeroth instead of theirs.

So...they've created this xpack in a bottle where they've gone out of their way to say that it is all alternate, so if we lose 'leaders' from alternate world...whoop-de-do.

Also, as kind of an aside, even if 'our' Velen died, would that even matter much? He's been completely unused as a faction leader, and his 'prophecy' is Anduin leading the fight against whatever, not him, so that was kind of a hint anyway.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yeah, not a huge (or unexpected) spoiler you just listed.

I'm more pleased that
    I get a different skin for sporebats, since it has such a unique buff.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it seems obvious to me that alternate velen dying is actually the catalyst for Maraad and Yrel to step up in leadership roles, so yeah it's not meant to be a huge deal on its own - that's why it's at the end of the first zone - but is part of the story development for other characters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    it seems obvious to me that alternate velen dying is actually the catalyst for Maraad and Yrel to step up in leadership roles, so yeah it's not meant to be a huge deal on its own - that's why it's at the end of the first zone - but is part of the story development for other characters
    I'm a fan of getting more active and meaningful Draenei leadership; or at least more visible and part of the story. Blood Elves got a lot of meat in MoP, but Draenei got jack squat.

I mean, it could be that was the case because they knew WoD was coming and it would have a large Draenei story, but yeah, since TBC they've been so ignored and it's been sad.

I guess I just think that offing inconsequential NPC's is kind of a weak way of doing it.

But then again Blizz hasn't been very ballsy about actually offing main characters since WC3; and even then WC2 was the last major bloodbath of major npcs.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    "oh no"

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    -
    I'm assuming all the development that Yrel and Maraad will get in WoD will carry over into the future where they become more of the "face" of the draenei whereas Velen remains more of a plot catalyst.

They need it too, since there's really no prominent draenei NPCs you meet in the game besides Velen, Akama, and Mishka.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Regarding that spoiler, on the practical sense of it.
    Uh, yeah, I'm not surprised - they don't want two of a character running around. That'd be dumb.

Regular Azeroth Velan is still alive so deal with it.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Challenge Modes are going away? Pfft. Real men do Super Challenge Modes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6fTg4bGCYE

(I'm still O_O after watching that)

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    mmo-champion has pics of the new female dwarf model

they are, if anything, more frightening than before

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I think they look great. They actually look like living beings, and not horrifying meat puppets carved from a slab of flesh by a half-blind axe murderer like the current models do.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    They just need to get rid of crazy-eyes.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm not sure getting rid of the crazy eyes will help enough. It'll make them less frightening, but I think they will still scare small children. It's an improvement compared to the old models.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Watching that rogue play was physically painful

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Watching that rogue play was physically painful

You mean rogues have attack that aren't Revealing Strike?

What nonsense.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Also the constant switching on and off of Blade Flurry is clearly required.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    One of the videos was someone playing a warrior, and apparently two of the 100 talents have changed from the original news.

You only get to see 2 of them, but one is a replacement for Heroic Strike that has a 1.5s CD (off the GCD ) and does 100% weapon damage (140% if using a 1-hander) as fire damage and makes your attacks do fire damage for the next 10 seconds. 30 rage.

The other is a passive that reduces the cooldown of all your Readiness-affected abilities by 1 second for every 15 rage that you spend.

Here's the video
    and here's a screenshot of the talents when he moused over them
    25Pj5e7.png

This makes me want to see if anything has changed for any other classes. For mages in particular, I'm guessing/hoping that Focusing Crystal gets changed because it sounds clunky as all shite. Also new 90 talents Blizz pls.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm worried that they're running out of ideas for warriors and are just resorting to magical abilities for them now. One of the previewed talents at WoD's announcement was throwing a weapon and it radiating damage over time. That doesn't make sense really, and I hope it was just a placeholder.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Skills don't have to "make sense", so what's the issue?

• Options
    "Magic" abilities, like slamming the ground so hard thunder comes out or yelling so loud that nearby enemies walk slower?

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    yelling so loud that nearby enemies walk slower

Also known as Randy Savage. Rest in Peace, Macho Man.

• Options
    BaalorBaalor Registered User regular
    Garrosh is a warrior so it makes sense to give warriors a lesser version of his weapon throw ability. Or does it work more like Nazgrim's ravager?

I feel that it adds a bit of depth to the world to introduce new player skills like that. The strongest beings develop new magic and tehniques and after we go beat them up we try to copy what they did. Dks finally figured out the secret behind The lich king's defile and mages "learned" to use fire/ice orbs from blood princes etc. I think warlocks even get a spell called cataclysm.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm already using glyphs that make my warrior burn when enraged, and leave a trail of fire when charging. I wouldn't mind doing fire damage.

Of course the skill itself is a stupid maintainable buff. Inquisition and Slice and Dice aren't fun abilities, I don't know why anybody would want one on warrior too.

Keemossi on
  • Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Speaking of warriors, I built one because I wanted to have a class that could DPS or tank. Between loving DPS and the ease in finding a group via dungeon finder I have yet to play a lick of tank on my warrior.

That being said, are all the tanky toons equal in terms of "ability to tank and take less damage"? Gear/skill aside, does one class see more action as a main tank in raid groups than others?

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    I could see ignite weapon making it live. I'm not really bothered by it because I could see a crazy warrior figuring out a type of material to coat a weapon in and then learning how to ignite it.

I'm less sure about anger management. The last two abilities that I could think of that worked similar to that (unbreakable spirit - CD reduced by holy power expenditures. & that old unholy talent that did a similar thing with big CDs for I want to say rune usage or maybe it was using a specific strike). Anyways, I remember both getting changed in the expansion that first saw them, to move away from a CD that could vary. I admit, there might be others like those three that existed or may be floating around still, but it seems like Blizz has issues getting them to a state they like. I hope they management to get this kind of thing down so that it's workable because it allows for some more options regarding talents.

Anyways, we can expect a massive data dump here soon, a soon that will arrive sooner than SoonTM. Will probably include beta release date and lots of infor and explanation regarding class changes.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Come on non-shitty Boomkin talents!

Who am I kidding, our level 100 talents will be "Pending", "Not Quite Ready", & "We have to build a third option? Fuuuuuuuuuuu-"

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BaalorBaalor Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    Speaking of warriors, I built one because I wanted to have a class that could DPS or tank. Between loving DPS and the ease in finding a group via dungeon finder I have yet to play a lick of tank on my warrior.

That being said, are all the tanky toons equal in terms of "ability to tank and take less damage"? Gear/skill aside, does one class see more action as a main tank in raid groups than others?

We mostly run with a warrior and a DK tank duo with a monk sometimes filling in. Of those 3 I feel that warrior is the superior class in both survival and dps this tier. But they are all more or less capable of handling any fight currently in the game.

• Options

All tanks are more or less balanced when it come to taking damage, it's the most well balanced role in the game. It really comes down to player in the end, use your active mitigation abilites and cooldowns properly and you'll take less damage. Where you see the major diffrences is in how you handle particular fights since difffrent tanks have diffrent utility. So a Paladin might be able to drop a debuff with thier bubble (any pally could do this so whatever) or a Monk might be able to kite adds forever with his Dizzying Haze, Warriors can be everywhere at once (leap/charge) etc. etc.

TLDR; All tanks is good.

• Options

All tanks are viable atm, but really warrior and brewmaster are the best tank specs, while DK is meh atm. Warriors are really awesome since they bring a lot of raid utility (Skull Banner, Rallying Cry..), nice damage and of course they're really tanky. Brewmasters got at least as much damage, raid heals, self heals, ability to ignore some mechanics..

DKs seem to have some scaling problems, crap damage, marginal raid utility. Like, they can tank all content but any other tank spec would be a better choice probably :P

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    "Magic" abilities, like slamming the ground so hard thunder comes out or yelling so loud that nearby enemies walk slower?

That's just visual, clearly the actual thing going on is stomping the ground! <_<

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Ignite Fury looks cool, but I'm worried about it becoming just another "maintenance" ability. Yknow, having to hit it every 10 seconds just to keep that buff up. Blizz no plz.

But, I mean, hey. It might not make it to live. It might not even make it past another build. This is the period when things are highly volatile.

Also, Bladestorm and Stormbolt swapped places in the talent row, so Bladestorm is 90 and Stormbolt is 60. Interesting.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    That makes sense. A row for stuns and a row for cooldowns.

• Options
    I wonder if stormbolt will be changed to be a pure stun. IIRC that one has a mechanic where it damages stun immune targets, so that could be a bit problematic for the goal of making sure none of the talents are a no-brainer. Then again, I think back to some of the talents in other trees (like eternal flame, which is an always the wrong choice for PvE raiding rets), so it doesn't seem to be set in stone.

Yeah, I kind expect the new talents to go through numerous changes and iterations; especially, with the new stats and some major mechanic adjustments in the works. Hell, I was pretty sure a fair chunk of the talents from the Blizzcon preview weren't going to make it live. Some of that was because the talents just didn't seem like comparable choices, where one or more of the choices was just a really bad choice (Seal of Faith for PvE ret, no fucking any good PvE ret picks that talent, since that comes at the cost of dealing damage).

• Options
    If there's still Dragon Roar as 60 talent, I doubt Stormbolt would lose it's damage.

This discussion has been closed.