As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dyas was my first friend. I know that much. Then I just kind of friendbombed the thread, so I have no idea who was who after that.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Open til this time tomorrow. G&T, no contribution needed.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I tried the dino horde free weekend and wasn't disappoint, wasn't enticed either. But when you're zooming around on a jetpack and get a noticed that a T-Rex just spawned and through the text you see your non-jetpack wearing teammate just got scooped up by a Pteradactly, its hard not to smile.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Damn. @Talus9952 let me know that I need to keep an eye on the weather because there is a Risk of Rain.

Thanks so much. Very classy. I can't wait to play in the rain.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So what's up with Banished? I heard its a pretty relaxing city sim which sounds neat.

Ov3rcharge on
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'll take one for the team.

Pixie, I sent you a friend request. Please be gentle.

edited February 2014
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    So what's up with Banished? I heard its a pretty relaxing city sim which sounds neat.

It's the best city building sim in a long long time. There are no real goals other than survival, and survival is a lot harder than you think it is.

I once had a nice healthy 70+ pop town going and a brutal winter came through, all my food was gone and I couldn't get enough firewood and an awful cascade of death took my pop down to 6. The town almost recovered, but then disease came through and took care of the survivors

Veevee on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @wooden spoon sent me a late birthday gift. Thanks for Ironclad tactics!

Talking about birthdays though, it's a certain person's birthday this MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY
    I wonder who?

steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Geez, I just realized Luchaire had been renamed yet again.

I am downgrading myself to lurker status out of shame.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Geez, I just realized Luchaire had been renamed yet again.

I am downgrading myself to lurker status out of shame.

After this recent renaming, it honestly took me about an hour to remember what her original username was on here.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    @wooden spoon sent me a late birthday gift. Thanks for Ironclad tactics!

Talking about birthdays though, it's a certain person's birthday this MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY
    I wonder who?

Nope.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Whoa whoa whooaaaa

Hold the phone

They're making a Hotline Miami TWO???

Yuuusssssssssssssss

Shit I almost want it more for the soundtrack

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

It's the best city building sim in a long long time. There are no real goals other than survival, and survival is a lot harder than you think it is.

I once had a nice healthy 70+ pop town going and a brutal winter came through, all my food was gone and I couldn't get enough firewood and an awful cascade of death took my pop down to 6. The town almost recovered, but then disease came through and took care of the survivors

Does the game get you attached to your people at all or are they essentially numbers?

Veevee wrote: »

Does the game get you attached to your people at all or are they essentially numbers?

The game treats them as just numbers, but it does give each person a name and age and you can follow them but there is no direct interaction

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Everything I'm hearing about Strider makes it sound like part Mark of the Ninja, part Shadow complex, part Dust.

I don't have time to play it, but if you think it's something other people in the thread will play I would like to know for reasons.

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Everything I'm hearing about Strider makes it sound like part Mark of the Ninja, part Shadow complex, part Dust.

I don't have time to play it, but if you think it's something other people in the thread will play I would like to know for reasons.

@Sokpuppet and @Talus9952 Would play the shit out of it. I know this because they appreciate how glorious Valdis Story is but honestly @CorriganX has put a lot of time into it as well and I hear some special event is coming up that makes him the most likely to need a new game to play.

steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

I'd say that's pretty close. Strider Hiryu is more rampaging than stealth. He's a loud, destructive ninja.

I can't put the game down and I don't want it to end. If I had Strider Hiryu's Falchion I'd chop the game up and snort it.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Maybe if the ninja from Mark of the Ninja got all coked up and started reading Real Ultimate Power, then yes. This is an apt description.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Religious game looks pretentious as fuck.

Okay, I give up. Which one is that?

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Going to post the next week @ heavy announces early rather than waiting on tomorrow. Just finished up the banners, need to work on getting some of the ahead of time writing done tomorrow. Also will do 4 again instead of 3 as I taunted Heenato about his fight before noticing it was actually the week after that if I did 3.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I was minding my own business playing State of Decay and not gifting anybody (side note: State of Decay is so awesome, guys. Errybody should play it.), when @MsMya threw some dead maidens my way...

deadmaidens.jpg

Thanks! :)

I know the Grotesque Tactics games are not well regarded at all around here, but I found them amusing enough to be interested in this spin-off. Bring on the Holy Avatar!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited February 2014
    Week Four

Emperor @Iolo signed another arrest warrant. The new law was in effect, and it was time to purge the Empire of those who could not obey. A large stack of papers sat to his left. He added the signed document to the stack on his right.

@Visskar carefully pulled the door closed behind him and exited the villa. No one saw his arrival or departure. The envelopes he left behind would not be found until they were meant to be.

@Cooljammer00 rode his cart towards home again. He was excited to tell his family about the new promotion. His managers were impressed with his work ethic and recommended him to those higher up. He'd be coordinating the supply process beneath the Colosseum starting next week.

@21st Century shook @Big Dookie's hand. The contracts were signed and production on the newest 21st Century merchandise would begin. Playing cards based on Steam games could be sold and traded in place of actual games. They'd control the sole supply.The people would pay for the cards, and then give them back in exchange for badges. In a time when games were now too dangerous to move, they stood to make a fortune.

@An_alt said the words as other robed figures dropped the corpses into the pit. A flickering green light from below illuminated the room. @shdwcaster was still strapped to the dead gladiator as they fell out of view.

@HiTBiT clinked glasses with @Doctor Detroit and reminisced about better days.

@HyphyKezzy was thrown into the cell with a dozen others. He tried to explain who he was and where the games came from. The guards ignored him, and the rest of the prisoners who chimed in with similar excuses and stories of their importance.

@Ed Gruberman withdrew the last of his money from the bank. It wasn't enough for the fine. He'd already discretely borrowed as much as he could from friends. He felt a familiar pang of shame, and headed towards Big Dookie's office, afraid of what betrayal he'd have to commit for a loan.

@Taramoor brooded in a candle lit room alone. He had sworn a vow to protect the Empire from all threats. From outside and within. He dripped wax onto the letter in a blob, and sealed it closed with his ring.

@Shade listened as @Incindium talked in his sleep. Something about a door and a song. The poison dropped into the water glass by the bedside. That should be enough to keep him out of the way for a day or two at least, based on how well it worked at @Kaliyama's.

@Berylline smiled and pet the rabbit in her lap as it gnawed on a carrot.

@Smokestacks announced the fights for the following week.

@DyasAlure cast off from the docks. It was time to begin his journey of exploration. He set sail for the unknown.

akajaybay on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So, is Dino Horde actually better? Better enough to buy it for $1?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    The only way to win and avoid retaliation is to have no friends.

Indeed, not even taking steps to avoid posting in this thread can't save you, as my copy of Speedrunners can attest to.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    The only way to win and avoid retaliation is to have no friends.

Indeed, not even taking steps to avoid posting in this thread can't save you, as my copy of Speedrunners can attest to.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Week Four

"Amazingness"

This is an exciting week and the flavor text is just getting better and better! More! More now! As much as you can humanly do at all times!

steam_sig.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I was minding my own business playing State of Decay and not gifting anybody (side note: State of Decay is so awesome, guys. Errybody should play it.), when @MsMya threw some dead maidens my way...

deadmaidens.jpg

I know the Grotesque Tactics games are not well regarded at all around here, but I found them amusing enough to be interested in this spin-off. Bring on the Holy Avatar!

Good lord they were bad. The idea behind it wasn't just the execution.

wbBv3fj.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

deadmaidens.jpg

That has got to be the worst cover art I've seen in a long time! Also, there is a lot going on in this screenshot that I don't fully understand. Here's hoping that it's as entertaining as it is disconcerting! :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

@Berylline smiled and pet the rabbit in her lap as it gnawed on a carrot.

]

At this point in the story I'm picturing @Beryline as either Dr. Claw from inspector gadget, or a Bond villain

The DaxterMax Vs Drake banner is so happy looking.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So, is Dino Horde actually better? Better enough to buy it for $1?

Waiting to hear on that.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Oh hey. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is $2.50...

That's.... really tempting.

The DaxterMax Vs Drake banner is so happy looking.

I always got the manic crazed conquistador feel from Drake's avatar. Poor sack rabbit never had a chance.

steam_sig.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Oh hey. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is $2.50...

That's.... really tempting.

Do it do it do it

That game is great. It has some low points, but it's high points are fantastic. I still remember being super hyped for the game when it came out. I think I might take another spin through it actually, I dunno if I beat it the first time.

I played its demo a lot.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Download Faster Orion Jet Packs & Dinosaurs and Shit.

The curiosity is killing me.

• Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    8kYyraX.jpg
    Heenato "Brutal J"

Oh shit, better start training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V3iTK7uXhk

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    banished is pretty disappointing, it was super hyped to me but once you realize how powerful the gatherer+forester+hunters lodge combo is you can quickly stock up tens of thousands of food and get a society that will run forever without you being there (until a random disaster kills everyone)

you have to make your own challenge by like trying to make a more urbanized core with an agricultural area, which is fine it's just not my thing

since it only has one developer I don't expect there to be much in the way of additional content either

override367 on
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    @akajaybay Your contest is by far the coolest thing I've seen on these forums. It's always so entertaining following these fights! I can't wait till it's my turn to get eviscerated win it all!

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Hey @Pixelated Pixie, I was buying costumes in Guacamelee, and now you have to buy it (if you don't already own it). Check out this sweet, sweet luchadore.
    PINK.
    ?.jpg
    PINKER.
    ?.jpg
    PINKEST.
    ?.jpg

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.