As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I died a lot on veni vidi vici but I could also see myself improving while doing it so it was good fun anyway. I've been playing it at work on my break so I don't have the luxury of sound but it's one of the few linux games that runs well on this pc.

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I died a lot on veni vidi vici but I could also see myself improving while doing it so it was good fun anyway. I've been playing it at work on my break so I don't have the luxury of sound but it's one of the few linux games that runs well on this pc.

Oh man, you gotta get some headphones or something. The music is great if you're into chiptune stuff at all.

Oh man, you gotta get some headphones or something. The music is great if you're into chiptune stuff at all.

I've finished the game before (without trinkets) and really enjoyed the music then but I should get some headphones for work

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    "Pushing Forward" from the VVVVVV soundtrack is my ringtone.

I really need to beat that game someday.

• DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    The DaxterMax Vs Drake banner is so happy looking.

Ack! I better make sure my seams are double stitched for battle.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Everything I'm hearing about Strider makes it sound like part Mark of the Ninja, part Shadow complex, part Dust.

I don't have time to play it, but if you think it's something other people in the thread will play I would like to know for reasons.

@Sokpuppet and @Talus9952 Would play the shit out of it. I know this because they appreciate how glorious Valdis Story is but honestly @CorriganX has put a lot of time into it as well and I hear some special event is coming up that makes him the most likely to need a new game to play.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I've so far, only idled Valdis story for cards.

steam_sig.png
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I'm way late to this party, but I picked up The Witcher (1) on the weekend when it was cheap. At first I was not impressed at all. I powered through a little bit and it picks up quick and I'm really enjoying it.

As for where I am:
    I just got the respect of the 3 people the Reverend wanted me to. I think I'm up against the Beast soon.

• XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    So, this ubisoft sale is pretty great. Or it would be if it hadn't made me realize one thing...

I own a lot of ubisoft games.

• ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    I have been laying low lately both in games and on the forum. But, I thought I should step in the tell you all that Strider is great fun if you like ninjas and Metroidvanias

Definitely worth the $15 entry fee.

Make sure you have a 64 bit system and a DX11 capable card though, and even then it seems some people are having issues. I didn't, but I'm sure a patch will come soon.

sf-strider1.gif

steam_sig.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Religion as a badguy?

Quelle surprise!

BigDes wrote: »

Whoops. This is awkward. I tried to claim Deponia but apparently I already have it. I think this is still available after I clicked the "unlink" button. Please PM me for the link.

steam_sig.png
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Everything I'm hearing about Strider makes it sound like part Mark of the Ninja, part Shadow complex, part Dust.

I don't have time to play it, but if you think it's something other people in the thread will play I would like to know for reasons.

Sokpuppet and Talus9952 Would play the shit out of it. I know this because they appreciate how glorious Valdis Story is but honestly CorriganX has put a lot of time into it as well and I hear some special event is coming up that makes him the most likely to need a new game to play.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I've so far, only idled Valdis story for cards.

Whoops I did and blasphemy!

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Rambo: The Video Game comes out in less than an hour. It looks hilarious.

edit: oh. Never mind, it's already out! And they want $34 for it. See? Hilarious!

SteevL on
    SteevL wrote: »

edit: oh. Never mind, it's already out! And they want $34 for it. See? Hilarious!

how many of us will own it when it's less than $5 though?

steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Months after it started showing scan lines like a vcr player, two hours after I laid down for a nap after finishing a great deal of complicated stats homework, and 30 minutes after I figured, fuck it, I'm not dragging this CRT with one broken pin out of the closet and downstairs to my office, I check my phone and see @talus9952 has sent me Risk of Rain. After I get some sleep, a monitor, and my highschool transcripts so I can get my bachelor's degree in geography (not in that order) I might be able to play.

This is where I was going to put a Black dynamite smiling gratitude picture, but I don't think they've drawn that man smiling in the tv show or filmed a smile in the movie.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I'm just here, minding my own business... sleeping in on my day off.

WHEN SUDDENLY A GIFT APPEARS!

It's La-Mulana! from @Talus9952

Such class! <3<3<3<3

Thank you!!!

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular

I put up a review on the site in my sig - they sent me a copy yesterday and I finished it in the afternoon. I'm not sure hilarious is the right word for it, but it's definitely chuckle-worthy.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    So again, how do you do forum names with a space in them? Because reasons.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    banished is pretty disappointing, it was super hyped to me but once you realize how powerful the gatherer+forester+hunters lodge combo is you can quickly stock up tens of thousands of food and get a society that will run forever without you being there (until a random disaster kills everyone)

you have to make your own challenge by like trying to make a more urbanized core with an agricultural area, which is fine it's just not my thing

since it only has one developer I don't expect there to be much in the way of additional content either

@override367 Your in luck because the developer has said he is releasing a mod kit that basically opens up everything to modding. So with mods, things can and will change drastically.

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    So again, how do you do forum names with a space in them? Because reasons.

@ "someones name with spaces" no space between the @ and the quotes

steam_sig.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    banished is pretty disappointing, it was super hyped to me but once you realize how powerful the gatherer+forester+hunters lodge combo is you can quickly stock up tens of thousands of food and get a society that will run forever without you being there (until a random disaster kills everyone)

you have to make your own challenge by like trying to make a more urbanized core with an agricultural area, which is fine it's just not my thing

since it only has one developer I don't expect there to be much in the way of additional content either

@override367 Your in luck because the developer has said he is releasing a mod kit that basically opens up everything to modding. So with mods, things can and will change drastically.

oooooooooooooooh

that could fix every issue I have with it :D

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    So I was checking my e-mail this morning and I see something from the Steam store. I've received a gift? But it's not even a sale... Thanks @Pixelated Pixie for Darkout! If it is indeed anything like Terraria or Starbound I see myself losing many hours to this.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    That bastard @Talus9952 got me, too. It was Risk of Rain, which despite being very tempted by when it was on sale recently, I passed on because I've actually been beating games I own lately. No good deed goes unpunished, Talus.

Also, I forgot to mention that I won @DaxterMax's Child of Light giveaway earlier this week, and it was super awesome of him to do that. The trailers for that game make it look gorgeous and incredible, and we need more media with female protagonists.

Really excited for both of these games, and I love you guys for being so generous.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    @sokpuppet why aren't you in the adventure team?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The Thomas Clancy games are the discount for today.

By the way, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is still really great. And the newest one was pretty rad, too.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Blacklist for $20... hmmm...

That is really tempting. Though I still haven't beat Conviction.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Also for the like 2 of you that don't have Alpha Protocol yet, its currently 75% off. $3.50 for it

wbBv3fj.png
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

Go for it, Conviction is awful anyway.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

No it's not. Conviction is a fantastic game.

Stabbity_Style.png
    edited February 2014
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Also for the like 2 of you that don't have Alpha Protocol yet, its currently 75% off. $3.50 for it

I'm not listening! Lalalalalaa

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

No it's not. Conviction is a fantastic game.

Conviction is great but Blacklist is much better, I'd still play both. Conviction's coop is really good fun too

steam_sig.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Oh look. Total War: Shogun 2 75% off.

This week needs to end...

Goumindong wrote: »
    @sokpuppet why aren't you in the adventure team?
    Because I have a dark secret...

Sokpuppet on
    @rikdaly saw that I was not following protocol and quickly rectified it. Thanks for Alpha Protocol you classhole!

steam_sig.png
    And why is your wishlist empty @rikdaly ?! How will justice be served?!

steam_sig.png
    @rikdaly saw that I was not following protocol and quickly rectified it. Thanks for Alpha Protocol you classhole!

I hope you enjoy it, it has it's problems but overall it's a really fun game and I wish there was a sequel

steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I like how the trailer just cuts off.

And I'd totally buy it on sale, it has local co-op! Even a shitty game can be fun with co-op, and let's not kid ourselves but this game looks kind of shitty.

JtgVX0H.png

I hope you enjoy it, it has it's problems but overall it's a really fun game and I wish there was a sequel

I will, thanks! I've loved every Obsidian game I've played to date.

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I was having a good laugh over the Rambo game last night when I was looking through the Coming Soon tab in the storefront.

I wonder if shooting up Smalltown USA is the tutorial level? Chain kill the Sheriffs Deputies to max out your score multiplier!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    There has to be a mumble incoherently button.

This discussion has been closed.