As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Big Classy wrote: »
    There has to be a mumble incoherently button.

rambo-ah.png

is it a port of the Rambo arcade game?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Ghost Recon and all expansions for under five bucks? Guess it's about time I finally get the superior PC versions.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

rambo-ah.png

Ahahahaha, okay, that actually makes me want to buy the game right now

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

rambo-ah.png

*the screenshot is from the old NES Rambo game

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    @rikdaly saw that I was not following protocol and quickly rectified it. Thanks for Alpha Protocol you classhole!

gdamn i literally just went to look up your user name. Why you gotta be so fast rikdaly?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I opened up my email to find the gift of Risk of Rain, thanks to @Talus9952, who is clearly classdrunk. And awesome. Thanks dude!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

rambo-ah.png

*the screenshot is from the old NES Rambo game

I know, I own it. I was talking about the article.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Open til this time tomorrow. G&T, no contribution needed.

Friday afternoon folk, this ends tonight.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 preload. Come on, gimmee my code Amazon.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 preload. Come on, gimmee my code Amazon.

I accidentally clicked on the demo instead of the first one this morning, so I played through the demo for kicks. Oh my god I am so glad you can move the effing camera.

And somehow, it's even prettier than the first one, at least in demo form . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Gah that feel when you go to buy a game but you find out you already own it.

Guess I'm preloading Thief, thanks drunk me for making at least one good online purchase.

iRevert on
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm excited. I'm excited because The Yawhg is coming to Steam in a few days. I picked this up during the "Not on Steam" sale a while back, and was very pleased with it.

Mechanically, it's a bit like Long Live the Queen. You choose where to send your character each week, and the activities you do modify your stats. Your stat levels make other activities and options available to you, and the endings you can get are based on that.

The plot is that there's an impending disaster of some kind, and you're basically living your life as you wish leading up to the fateful day. Depending on your previous choices, you can help or hinder (or cower helplessly) during and after the disaster.

It's charming, it's whimsical, and it has great art (by the wonderful Emily Carroll), and great music as well (by Dualryan). Also you can do this:
    97E31A53D1205AE77D33452637FADCC75CE0C370

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I was having a good laugh over the Rambo game last night when I was looking through the Coming Soon tab in the storefront.

I wonder if shooting up Smalltown USA is the tutorial level? Chain kill the Sheriffs Deputies to max out your score multiplier!

It's weird, because in First Blood there is only one death in the entire movie, and it wasn't even Rambo's fault. He goes apeshit and shoots up the town but he doesn't actually kill anyone, he just causes a metric shitload of property damage.

• Options
    I posted this over in the SE++ Steam thread, but Strider is so good you guys. I've only put a tiny bit of time into it so far, but it's rad as fuck.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I've got it on the wishlist. I can't spring for anything right now unless it goes on a really good (i.e. 75%+) sale. But it's ok. I have a backlog that, is several hundred games deep, if we include every game I have access to that I have not yet beaten. So Strider can wait for a bit, I think. ;)

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Thanks to @jclast, who I believe just gifted me the Sid Meier humble bundle!

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »
    Thanks to @jclast, who I believe just gifted me the Sid Meier humble bundle!

Not the whole thing (sorry if I misled you) - I parceled out pieces that I already own. Hopefully Ace Patrol will last you a long time.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I was going to try and surprise @Pixelated Pixie with this, but it needs to not sit in soneones backlog. Its too good of a game for that. Please only enter if you actually plan to play the game

signature.png

Veevee on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

Guess I'm preloading Thief, thanks drunk me for making at least one good online purchase.

Trust me when I say that we've all been there at one gale or another dale.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Wooo, first DLC campaign for Ironclad Tactics released. Rise of Dmitry. If you bought the deluxe edition of the game, it should be showing up, otherwise it's on sale until the end of the month.

• Options

Trust me when I say that we've all been there at one gale or another dale.

Trust me when I say you don't even want to know what is in my Amazon recently viewed items from that day.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

The fact that this made me feel weird made me ask myself why I find it so strange that people preorder. I mean, I used to do it, myself!

And then I realized. I never preorder anymore because Steam has trained me to never, ever, ever buy a game at full price, and conditioned me to feel antsy at the idea of buying in non-sale, like a drooling dog.

NEWEEEEELLLL! *shake fist*

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I think the last boss (at least I assume it's the last boss) on Guacamelee is too hard for me :( oh well, time for some pinball to see if it gives me any inspiration

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Strider is pretty fun

You get to run around stabbing people

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Steamgift winners

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine @Bolthorn
    Dust: An Elysian Tail @Vegan
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams @Madican

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    I was going to try and surprise @Pixelated Pixie with this, but it needs to not sit in soneones backlog. Its too good of a game for that. Please only enter if you actually plan to play the game

signature.png

Bullet dodged! :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Richard wrote: »
    Steamgift winners

Dust: An Elysian Tail @Vegan

Thank you! My "games with 'Dust' in the title" collection is nearing completion!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

The fact that this made me feel weird made me ask myself why I find it so strange that people preorder. I mean, I used to do it, myself!

And then I realized. I never preorder anymore because Steam has trained me to never, ever, ever buy a game at full price, and conditioned me to feel antsy at the idea of buying in non-sale, like a drooling dog.

Two words

Fucking
    Tequila

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So, I got a great list of games that I will consider for me and my wife to play co-op. This left me with a delima. How do I save this list? Well I was talking to wife about redacted games and what historical lows were. Thanks enhanced steam. She asked if any were on sale. None were, but that got me thinking. I put them all on her wishlist. So I'm safe, you can't buy them for me.

There is one PA person that is her friend, but I feel safe for now. If however, someone does find a way, and I don't think anyone would, or I deserve anything anyway, I won't accept it until I talk to my wife. The reason, I want to offer her the option to have on her account any of these co-op games.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Ok this is an odd question because the game might not exist but

There was a game that was described as Portal but with Cthulu monsters in it as well, now I thought this was Antichamber but that game is just Portal with smug in it.

Did I make this game up or does it exist?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

I've been trying to decide all day whether to get that right now, or wait until it goes on sale again when I can look though some more steam reviews and maybe a PA person opinion or two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »

There was a game that was described as Portal but with Cthulu monsters in it as well, now I thought this was Antichamber but that game is just Portal with smug in it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209630/

• Options
    Isorn wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209630/

Oh rad, thank you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Then sync her wishlist with an Isthereanydeal.com waitlist and you're all set.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

I'm this way too, and it only took two sales (fall and winter) to condition me. Probably because of my already miserly nature. ;)

• Options

I do not have a waitlist there, should I?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Yes. You can set price points for games to hit, and it will email you if the game drops below that price. And it monitors a bunch of sites.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    @Richard

Thanks for the giveaway of Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine. Wanted to check it out but if I spend any more money the wife may kill me. I will steal things in your honor!

• Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Yes. You can set price points for games to hit, and it will email you if the game drops below that price. And it monitors a bunch of sites.

I will sit down with her and mention this.

This discussion has been closed.