As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CINEMATIC FANTASTIC [Film and Media Discussion Party]

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I bet you hate the Harlem Globetrotters too.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I...have no real strong feelings one way or the other about them?

CYpGAPn.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't even think it's very funny? I just like it. It's really earnest and I could watch it right now.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm at least remembering entire scenes and jokes that I appreciate

It's only $7 on Amazon, so maybe I should rewatch it soon

• simosimo Registered User regular
    it's got a killer soundtrack

and it's got muggsy bogues and shawn bradley standing next to each other. one's really tall! one's really short! it doesn't get funnier than that

bugss2.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I come in here and a man in 2014 is seriously considering paying seven dollars for the dubious privilege of watching Space Jam again
    I am aghast

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I come in here and a man in 2014 is seriously considering paying seven dollars for the dubious privilege of watching Space Jam again
    I am aghast

I had Space Jam fever bad back in the day

Plus

When I have kids I want them to see it

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    look at all these chumps that are too cool for space jam

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I wish it was on netflix

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Lola Bunny made me want to kill myself

though, granted, plenty of things make me want to do that
    existing, for one

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I wish it was on netflix because I've only seen it once and want to weigh in but am sure as hell not paying $7 for it right now

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i saw Zodiac

i do not think i liked Zodiac

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    i saw Zodiac

i do not think i liked Zodiac

I'm sorry
    Do the doctors know exactly what's wrong with you?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I watched Zodiac not too long ago

good flick I say, good flick

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Lola Bunny made me want to kill myself

though, granted, plenty of things make me want to do that
    existing, for one

Lola Bunny made me want to do all sorts of things to myself

Though, granted, I was hitting that age where plenty of things made me want to do that.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    HEY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT SPACE JAM IN HERE

SPACE JAM 2 YOU GUYS OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    Another movie I watched recently that I guess I liked? Stardust

it was fairly weird and unevenly paced

it felt like I had been thrust into some grandiose saga halfway through its telling or something; like septimus and the tale of his brothers was being treated like something everyone was already assumed to be wholly invested in but I felt I had been given no reason to care about it all (aside from the fact that one brother was Mark Strong)

it wasn't a wholly negative sensation, because (intentional or not) it contributed quite a bit to it feeling like a timeless fairy tale. But it was a little disorienting for a good portion of the movie.

then a unicorn showed up and I was like alright yeah whatever this unicorn is pretty cool let's just do the thing

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zodiac is very good

But Zodiac is not a movie I ever want to watch again

It is not an enjoyable movie to watch

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Fencingsax on
    Mr. G wrote: »

It's sadder than if it had never been "announced" at all

look
    even if it existed it wouldn't have been good as when Disney Adventures posited that Spy Jam starring Jackie Chan was going to happen

look
    even if it existed it wouldn't have been good as when Disney Adventures posited that Spy Jam starring Jackie Chan was going to happen

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This must have been before I got my Disney Adventures subscription

pretty sure DA's news section was a rag because they also claimed an Artemis Fowl movie was gonna happen back in the early 00s, same time period

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    pretty sure DA's news section was a rag because they also claimed an Artemis Fowl movie was gonna happen back in the early 00s, same time period

The back of my copy or Artemis Fowl claimed an Artemis Fowl movie was gonna happen

You can't trust anyone or anything

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    On the flipside, my middle school series of choice, Alex Rider, totally got a movie

Hahahaha

Haha

Ha

:'(

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Did they ever end up making an Eragon movie

6F32U1X.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Alex Rider is hilarious now

How many times did he get knocked unconscious

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Far, far too many

Remember the book that ended with him getting shot and "dying", only for the next one to start with him walking a tight-rope across a couple of buildings and ending with him in space, killing a guy who had the Earth's surface tattooed on his face?

Alex Rider got real dumb

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Did they ever end up making an Eragon movie

Can't tell if you're being serious or not

But yes!

It was a flop

And I'm bummed about no Space Jam 2

But I'm more bummed about no Space Jam 2 soundtrack

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I read the snow resort one at some point, and then, a few weeks later, read On Her Majesty's Secret Service and it was exactly the same book.

I think one of the stupidest thing from the alex rider book was the video game one, where some video game where you run through temples and fight snakes and jump on bats and stuff is revolutionary and amazing because it's 'so real'. And the reason it's so real is because the bad dude is kidnapping kids and mocapping them as they are getting hurt and killed. Which is fucked up, but honestly just seems like a whole lot of effort to make a kinda shitty sounding game.

Lalabox wrote: »
    I think one of the stupidest thing from the alex rider book was the video game one, where some video game where you run through temples and fight snakes and jump on bats and stuff is revolutionary and amazing because it's 'so real'. And the reason it's so real is because the bad dude is kidnapping kids and mocapping them as they are getting hurt and killed. Which is fucked up, but honestly just seems like a whole lot of effort to make a kinda shitty sounding game.

Was this the one where the bad guy killed a henchmen by giving him his "payment", but by drowning him in pennies?

Because I still think that sounds like a legitimately awful way to go.

those books were incredibly brutal and creative in how they killed people. Just alligator swarms and so many bugs that people can't even breath and giant jellyfish and combine harvesters and all kinds of weird fucked up shit

the alex rider books were experiences

i dropped out before finishing the series but whoof

Was this the one where the bad guy killed a henchmen by giving him his "payment", but by drowning him in pennies?

This is fucking hilarious

Looking at the list online, I read all but the last three

...I almost want to read them just for completion's sake

Grey Ghost wrote: »

This is fucking hilarious

I'm pretty sure this was EAGLE FORCE, a book that ended with the bad guy getting kicked into one of the jet turbines of Air Force One

This discussion has been closed.