As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    First Bleed from a certain pixie, now Guacamelee from a reroll. Since everything is better in 3's, I think I need one more great sidescroller. Any recommendations?

Spelunky, or La-Mulana.

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    After getting jacked on the price of some games and then tossed in jail for having them despite my honest protests that they were acquired before the emperor's edict was in place I hope I can be forgiven a bit of paranoia. I agreed with a post suspecting @Berylline of sinister motives yesterday seeing conspiracy everywhere. I thought my suspicions were confirmed when I saw her walking down the line of cells towards me just now. But with a soft, "Pssst" she just slipped a tasty kabob through the bars to help me endure my unjust imprisonment as she walked past. I'm sorry I ever doubted you and thank you for Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos. I really liked Juniper's Knot and am looking forward to checking this out.

steam_sig.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    GTR Evolution Steam Key: VW4IY-TI3FX-PPRV
    Space Pirates and Zombies Steam Key: MK29M-FF2PC-FDLFR
    Dino D-Day Steam Key: WPL3C-LM5JY-M9ZG3
    Dream Pinball 3D Steam Key: 8VCV9-MBFBN-GEZ8H
    Jets'n'Guns Gold Steam Key: I2V9H-L3XDK-NIVPZ
    Inquisitor Deluxe Edition Steam Key: 6FTXY-XN7TV-7VD9K
    Universe Sandbox Steam Key: V2LLH-GDMLT-GW678
    Nuclear Dawn Steam Key: WHIE3-TQHLX-ALWTH
    Hard Reset Extended Edition Steam Key: NKBXL-FQM6J-2C2FQ
    AirBuccaneers Steam Key: 7ZEL2-CFH9P-HN723
    Zeno Clash Steam Key: 8KX5R-CIML8-848PW
    Zeno Clash 2 Steam Key: CBCE2-T9YLA-9FD7Y

Took the pinball game, thanks!
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    First Bleed from a certain pixie, now Guacamelee from a reroll. Since everything is better in 3's, I think I need one more great sidescroller. Any recommendations?

Spelunky, or La-Mulana.

I've already died a thousand times in Spelunky, so I guess La-Mulana it is

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    SkutSkut wrote:
    Spelunky, or La-Mulana.

I'd also recommend Mark of the Ninja, if you want something that doesn't involve being an archaeologist that dies over and over and over.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    2014 Completed List: Botanicula, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, To the Moon, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP (though even after beating the game I feel I'm missing something)

It's a pretty amazing list of games. I'm hoping Gunpoint keeps the trend going.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    2014 Completed List: Botanicula, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, To the Moon, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP (though even after beating the game I feel I'm missing something)

tl;dr: @bloodatonement needs more gamez.

B)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Dammit, I forgot to duck and cover.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    So Skyborn is turning out to be quite a bit of fun. Yes, it's an RPG Maker game with all that that entails, but the story is engaging, the characters are fun, the gameplay is interesting, and the art is endearing.

Plus, you know... skyships and steampunk. Hard not to love that. :)

Thanks again @Viking!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    And glad I did.
    Thanks, @pixelated pixie for Blood Dragon!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Hi-5 Gunpoint Bro! Finished it last night. :)

My own 2014 Completed List is less robust (although may have as many or more hours): Kings Bounty Warriors of the North, Broken Age Part 1, Gunpoint. Woooooo!

Part of me wants to sink my teeth into a RPG next, but another part wants to tick off a few more 2-6 hour games and get my 'count' up. Decisions, decisions. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So, Orion: Dino Horde. Worth it at $0.99?

I admit I had a good laugh at the trailer video that had a review quote flash up "The Metacritic Score is Misleading"

edited February 2014

I admit I had a good laugh at the trailer video that had a review quote flash up "The Metacritic Score is Misleading"

It's hard to see how you can't get a buck's worth of amusement out of a game featuring dinosaurs and jetpacks.

Go for it.

Edit: heck, it's free to play for 5 more days anyway. Try it out first?

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Iolo wrote: »

Hi-5 Gunpoint Bro! Finished it last night. :)

My own 2014 Completed List is less robust (although may have as many or more hours): Kings Bounty Warriors of the North, Broken Age Part 1, Gunpoint. Woooooo!

Part of me wants to sink my teeth into a RPG next, but another part wants to tick off a few more 2-6 hour games and get my 'count' up. Decisions, decisions. :)

Well between TOR and BL2 taking up half or more of my game playing for 2013, I thought I'd start 2014 off with some less consuming games.

Oh, and Pixie, I was there for the 80s, so yea, I'm looking forward to the ride.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular

It's hard to see how you can't get a buck's worth of amusement out of a game featuring dinosaurs and jetpacks.

Go for it.

The main developer/producer behind Orion: Dino Horde is a shitbag who doesn't credit people for their work and who steals work from people so I wouldn't support it with your money if I were you.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Urgh, so Steam has Anno 2070's expansion on sale for ten pounds. Uplay's in game shop does not match this deal even though they own the game entirely.

I don't get why companies do stuff like that.

• MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    @Berylline has begun weaving dark rabbit based magics to turn my noble soul into a life of crime. A gift of Monaco right to the heart!

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    This guy @HiT BiT

attacked me with Penny Arcade's On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3

Wow.
    Such Class.

Thank you!!!! <3<3

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

I tried to grab Inquisitor but it's already taken

I also just decided to man up and beat the Guacamelee final boss, it took quite a few tries but luckily for me I had a secret weapon, my daughter sat on my knee shouting words of encouragement such as 'why does it keep killing you daddy' and 'why don't you just hit it daddy' I honestly don't think I'd have done it without her :) overall it was a really enjoyable game there was just a massive difficulty spike for me at the end

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    I am so glad I don't have any of your on friends list, I'm not even at two hundred games yet and I thought I was bad.

Also Strider is amazing and if you don't have it, you should get it.

Anyone have experience buying keys from DLGamer or Gamesrocket?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.

Took the pinball game, thanks!
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Spelunky, or La-Mulana.

Also, snagged Zeno Clash.

So close ... to steam ... ABCs...

Go for it.

The main developer/producer behind Orion: Dino Horde is a shitbag who doesn't credit people for their work and who steals work from people so I wouldn't support it with your money if I were you.

Nothing personal, TC, but statements like that need verifiable documentation/references before I accept them as fact. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    On that note, does anyone know games that start with i or y?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    On that note, does anyone know games that start with i or y?

Inversion

Ys series

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Ys!

IL-2, You Don't Know Jack

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

Go for it.

Nothing personal, TC, but statements like that need verifiable documentation/references before I accept them as fact. :)
    I can't find some of the stuff about stolen assets, but this stuff should be more than enough to convince you not to give this guy any money:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/g2sol/david_prassel_creator_of_orion_prelude_receives/
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542133
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2684959&page=3

I actually worked on this game back when it was a mod many years ago so I've seen how things work firsthand, so that should also count as pretty good proof.

edit: found it I think http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2012/05/04/orion-employee-beatdown/

TychoCelchuuu on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular

Go for it.

He also fired his employees after his kicktstarer was successful so he didn't have to pay them.

Before I can even mutter "What is a YS?" @Orivon stabs me in the back with Inversion! First rabbits attacking me, now the very stars themselves. Oh wait, that is Orion. EITHER WAY SHIT BE TREACHEROUS

Dammit, @Orivon!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I still have Thief Gold keys if anyone missed out on the promo.

I figured there would be people in the thread that were unable to get ahold of a key before they were gone, but I either underestimated the supply or overestimated the demand.

Shoot me a PM or a message on Steam if you want one.

Shenanigans!

smokeswishlist.jpg

If you add a game to Steam using a key it doesn't always remove it from your wishlist.
    Azkorai wrote: »
    I am so glad I don't have any of your on friends list, I'm not even at two hundred games yet and I thought I was bad.

If we wanted to get on your friends list, we'd have to find a link to you profile first.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Also thank you @LoveIsUnity for hooking me up with Guacamelee

Now I can live out my luchadorean desires

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I figured there would be people in the thread that were unable to get ahold of a key before they were gone, but I either underestimated the supply or overestimated the demand.

Shenanigans!

smokeswishlist.jpg

If you add a game to Steam using a key it doesn't always remove it from your wishlist.

If we wanted to get on your friends list, we'd have to find a link to you profile first.

I have noted that thing with codes and the wishlist (I go in and remove it manually)

And yeah, Azkorai needs to make himself harder to find, like not having his forum and Steam name be the same, and not talking about playing Strider so we know it's him. :3

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular

Thanks @SmokeStacks for one of these!

• MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    I'm not trying to be stealthy, I just don't want to get dragged into a gift fight I can't win ._.'

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Wow, I completed a game today! And it just happened to be a game I got from @BigDes. It was Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage. It definitely felt like work about halfway through, but yay, another one to check off my backlog, and more importantly, another one to check off my list of games given to me on here.

Thanks, @BigDes!

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    God damn it. @Berylline seems to be on some sort of class-rampage, having resolved my need to play more SotS: The Pit (great game, by the way) , by throwing me over the DLC.

Thanks - as ever, classiness abounding in here is exceptional, and humbling.

I have to go now in order to plan your demise for reasons unrelated to planning your demise.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm not trying to be stealthy, I just don't want to get dragged into a gift fight I can't win ._.'

I can't win it either.

But I love (A) having friends and (B) having a wishlist. And keeping low you shouldn't get gift-bombed, I've gotten quite a few, but nothing like the normal game slinging craziness that happens around here.

And now to request something:

as I mentioned, my knowledge if older games (Thief, for example) up to newer games (Mass Effect, for example) that I have zero knowledge of. Now, I'm not going to ask for you all to do my gaming homework. Instead, I'd like some lists of games/series that people think of as "can't miss" that extends from about the mid 90s until . . . well, now. No one has to make an exhaustive list; hell everyone could just ignore me (though I hope you don't). But I do hope at least a few of you will give some input, though.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    God damn it. @Berylline seems to be on some sort of class-rampage, having resolved my need to play more SotS: The Pit (great game, by the way) , by throwing me over the DLC.

Thanks - as ever, classiness abounding in here is exceptional, and humbling.

I have to go now in order to plan your demise for reasons unrelated to planning your demise.

I can confirm this. @Berylline is just Bleeding classiness.
    I just received Bleed

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I too was hit by @Berylline 's new gift avalanche with a shiny copy of Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2! <3
    I think this video illustrates her last class rampage quite well, like a gift delivering bunny stampede:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ447weWAeM

This discussion has been closed.