As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Balloons for Blind Boxes - FF Prime

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2014 in Pinny Arcade
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Trading Post.

zerzhul on

• Options
    Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    Well I just sent 6 trade offers to various people through pinny pals. Hopefully one or two will reply.

Nope.

Sadly, you don't have much available. I went to look if I could offer you anything.

Things should really pick up for those of us when blind boxes are a thing that exists.
    I know I plan on buying several myself.

Someone tell Khoo I'll make him a bad ass balloon animal if he gets those blind boxes out.

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Define "bad ass."

Some guy.
  • Options
    reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    I'm thinking a donkey riding a Harley with a lack of respect for authority

• Options
    Searching through this dude's portfolio, I found a balloon shark
    img_20110804_093733.jpg

• Options
    Holy shit, Mot - wtf.

Some guy.
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Mot - wtf.

Ball's in your court, Khoo.

• Options
    reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    aww snap! I think a gaunlet may have been thrown! does sir Khoo dare accept!

• Options
    Firstly...
    HOLY CRAP! KHOO SAW MY POST AND RESPONDED.
    Sir, You're a hero of mine and I think you rock.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system.
    I am not the one that will define "Bad Ass"
    I'll make you this offer Mr. Khoo

What do you want me to make?
    I will make it, and post a picture here.
    You will then be the judge of it it is "Bad Ass" enough.
    If the request isn't too insane and I can make it at a reasonable size I'll even mail it to you if you want to message me a mailing address.
    (There may be some deflation or popping in transit. I've mailed special orders all over the country without issue, but I am required to have the disclaimer.)

I wouldn't say I'm throwing down a gauntlet.
    I wouldn't want to risk the wrath that could follow.
    I wouldn't mind getting on the good side of the true hand that guides my favorite community.

And, if it helps get blind boxes out sooner and feeds my desire for more pins... I'm happy to entertain you all with my balloon skills.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Do it for the PIN PALS

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I will gladly do it for the Pin Pals.
    As it turns out I'm growing more worried that Khoo might come up with something diabolical as time passes.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I will gladly do it for the Pin Pals.
    As it turns out I'm growing more worried that Khoo might come up with something diabolical as time passes.

Khoo? Diabolical? Never.

• Options
    Listen to the latest Staff podcast to hear how diabolically EVIL he really is!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    but since I can't justify the 12 hour drive to Boston on the off chance I'll find scalped tickets for a price I'm willing to pay, trading with people in person is hard to accomplish.

I can guarantee a pass will be there when you arrive at cost, PM sent. Seeing Robert with an "bad ass" balloon animal and sharing that with the world seems a good goal to strive for.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    I would like a large fruit fucker. If the community deems it as worthy, I'll make sure you get a badge to PAX East.

Some guy.
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I heart Khoo

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Gauntlet fucking thrown!

• Options
    Ok.
    Between either buying Beker's extra badges (I'm bringing the wife, you guys need to make sure she has a good time so she'll want to make this a regular trip)
    Or getting a badge because I amaze Khoo with my Balloon Skillz (There is a Z, deal with it.) and... well.. I guess still buying a pass of Beker.

Either way, I'm going to post a balloon fruit fucker tomorrow evening.
    This will be considered the prototype.
    I know what I'd like to do to build it, but need to special order some balloons to make it.
    This will be a first attempt to figure out proportions and get my head around it.
    Full disclosure, the prototype may be "bad ass" enough that you will all rally behind me and demand that I will get to present the final design to Khoo.

As for the final design, I will make it wearable.
    My first thought is that it would be an amazing hat for Khoo to wear... but I think I can make it a "backpack"
    The idea would be that it looks like whoever is wearing it is getting fucked by the fruit fucker.

Prepare yourselves Pin Pals.
    I think that this could end up being a heck of a lot of fun, and nobody outside this thread will be aware of it.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ok.
    Between either buying Beker's extra badges (I'm bringing the wife, you guys need to make sure she has a good time so she'll want to make this a regular trip)
    Or getting a badge because I amaze Khoo with my Balloon Skillz (There is a Z, deal with it.) and... well.. I guess still buying a pass of Beker.

Either way, I'm going to post a balloon fruit fucker tomorrow evening.
    This will be considered the prototype.
    I know what I'd like to do to build it, but need to special order some balloons to make it.
    This will be a first attempt to figure out proportions and get my head around it.
    Full disclosure, the prototype may be "bad ass" enough that you will all rally behind me and demand that I will get to present the final design to Khoo.

As for the final design, I will make it wearable.
    My first thought is that it would be an amazing hat for Khoo to wear... but I think I can make it a "backpack"
    The idea would be that it looks like whoever is wearing it is getting fucked by the fruit fucker.

Prepare yourselves Pin Pals.
    I think that this could end up being a heck of a lot of fun, and nobody outside this thread will be aware of it.

All the Yes on the fucking planet.

• Options
    That sounds too bad ass to even fathom what the end result is. If it all works out and it really does look like its fucking the wearers head, you deserve a badge every year FOR LIFE

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I Can't wait for this to happen. Also Mot for our trade, thanks for the little goodies you sent!!!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok.
    Let me start by saying this is not the final design.
    The eye area isn't perfect yet, but I'll be able to fix it and a couple of the other details... like the... 'juicer" when I order some balloons for it.
    This is what I could build with what I had in my stock.

I'm sorry... I don't know how to post an image on the thread... it's asking for a url...
    If one of you more knowledgeable folks wants to re-post them so the image shows up, that would be awesome.

The size would stay about the same for the final piece.
    I'd say it's perfect for a hat.
    The only question is should the hat be him standing on top of the head... or "mounted" differently?

I'm also going to order some special LED's that could go in the eyes and the ball on top so they light up.

The other option would be to make one much larger, but it would be woven like the dresses on my website and wouldn't be as smooth or streamlined looking.
    I think this would be ideal size for an offering to Khoo, and perhaps an extra one to hand to the merch tables or info booth or something.
    There has also been some discussion about a few special orders like a Hanna or something to display in prominent areas.

Ok Pin Pals, here is my submission.
    I now wait to be judged by you to determine if it is worthy.
    Even if it's not the final design, it still gives a good idea of what I'm aiming at.

Either way, I'll be at Pax East on the Saturday and Sunday. I found airfare and a hotel that wasn't outrageous for those dates.

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you in person and getting to do some trades.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Amazing!

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    twitter messages auto-embed

I dig the FF. Excited to see a bigger one. I think a woven human sized one would be amazing.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    thats relay cool

• Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    As A prototype this is awesome. Can't wait to see the final outcome!!

• Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    Looking good

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
  • Options
    CAN I HAS PLEASE

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'd say in hat form, should be shagging the back of the head, with hands reaching around the forehead area.

Also that is awesome.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    awesome.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    DxOlx75.jpg

Posted without comment.

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    +∞ that is win

• Options
    Could a mod break all this balloon talk out into its own thread please? I suggest Balloon Talk 2014 for a title.

UVKplWt.gif

Animated without comment.

• Options
    someone needs to send this to Khoo NOW

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I agree that perhaps this should be moved out of the pin trading thread.
    When I first mentioned making Khoo a balloon, I had no idea it would spiral into this madness.

I do love that Photoshop however.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I considered doing that earlier, but it wasn't that bad yet. It has sort of taken over now though.

edit: aaaand moved.

zerzhul on
  • Options
  • Options
    Are we legally allowed to use the word "Saga"?

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This is what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So... can we make it a community event when this is presented to Khoo?