As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good table top game store in Portland OR

MuugiMuugi Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Critical Failures
Anyone know of a good table top store in portland oregon?

Muugi on

• totallytotally Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guardian Games on SE 3rd is my fave but it is pay to play and caters mostly to Clix style games. Small arcade, projector for video games, amazing selection of classic rpgs, and lots of tournaments.The owners are rad and the space is fairly neutral and pleasant.
    I consider this my FLGS.

Bridgetown Hobbies and Games on NE Sandy caters more to table top wargamers but the space is depressing and drab. They do have Portland's best mini selection.(which is still weak....) Mostly a model shop/classic wargaming store. Good boardgame selection too.

You really have to go to Beavertron to find a brick and mortar hobby shop with a lot of variety. So I just special order from my FLGS or interweb it.

totally on
    GT: totallyrobot GSID: totallytotally
  • StevensocrazyStevensocrazy Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    Ancient Wonders is a good brick and mortar shop in Tualatin. It has lots of room for gaming and has regular gaming events there.

Stevensocrazy on
  • super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    rainy-day-games can be a good store. both a good source of minis and the best sorce of board games anywhere in the sate.

super... on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    depressing and drab? man, whatever! Bridgetown Hobbies is fucking amazing. A huuuge selection of shit. Last time I was in portland, I stopped by there and was seriously impressed.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As long as there's a thread for this, does anyone know of a good games store near the campus in Madison, Wisconsin? I've been hitting up Netherworld Games because it's about a ten minute walk from the dorms, and it seems really awesome, but you know, I'd like to see what other options there are.

Hahaha man I'm not gonna get an answer who the hell else is from Wisconsin? Damn you lucky jerks who live on the west coast.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • totallytotally Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    depressing and drab? man, whatever! Bridgetown Hobbies is fucking amazing. A huuuge selection of shit. Last time I was in portland, I stopped by there and was seriously impressed.

Industrial carpet, fluorescent lighting and no fucking windows? Depressing. I do admit they have a ton of 40k stuff and are Portland's only real hobby shop. And they are nice too. And fairly helpful. I just really can't imagine playing games there. I got no problem picking up my Mr. Surfacer and my Vallejo there, I just ain't gonna hang out.

I also second Rainy Day games as an awesome place, too bad you have to drive to Beavertron to get there.

totally on
    GT: totallyrobot GSID: totallytotally