As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I have always seen groups kill them until they stop being killable. It's not like they have that much health.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well I failed to get the valentines rocket once again
    Really they should make the pet/mount and other items something you can buy with that holiday's currency even if it's pricey and a grind
    It would be far better than just queing for things you don't want or need

I ran 6 characters through the crown company event every day of the event, not only did I not get it, nobody I saw in those runs got it either. I think I've only seen maybe 1 the entire time the event's been available over the years

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    When we kill Garrosh we just drop them by the wall, one next to each other. Our DPS is at the point where on some attempts we are getting close to pushing Garrosh to transition before the second intermission realm. Once we have the empowered whirl to deal with, our execution and placement of the swirls goes down.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well I failed to get the valentines rocket once again
    Really they should make the pet/mount and other items something you can buy with that holiday's currency even if it's pricey and a grind
    It would be far better than just queing for things you don't want or need

I ran 6 characters through the crown company event every day of the event, not only did I not get it, nobody I saw in those runs got it either. I think I've only seen maybe 1 the entire time the event's been available over the years

I got it last year and it blew my damn mind.

Granted, I'd been running it for years on all of my capped characters (which is every class) so I suppose I had a statistical advantage, but yeah, it's probably one of the rarest mounts out there.

And I never use it. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    This is the first year I've not run the event, but every year before since its inception I've run it on 7-9 characters every day, sometimes multiple times to get guildmates a necklace upgrade for lowbie alts. Never seen it drop once for any of the groups I've ever been in.
    And I never use it.

[.size=150] :| [/size]

Halfmex on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    -I don't like how you get to the next expansion, ala going from 79 to 80 and immediately all of the older instances are worthless even in a heroic sense. The epics from lvl 80 heroics (northrend) are not as good as the greens you can buy your first time in Cata. It'd be nice if that content didn't become irrelevant?
    Keep in mind that most of the people doing Cata content for the first time were already heroic or raid geared from Wrath. If they didn't make the leveling gear stronger than that then they'd have a bunch of gear that was effectively useless for a majority of the players.

• NamonNamon Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Maybe they've decided to try for normal modes being the current level of difficulty in heroics, with heroic dungeons being like they were in Cata. It's what I wanted anyway :P

I am just not sure why they didn't go for the same verbiage as the raids: Heroics just as we know and love them and then Mythic 5 mans. I also hope they somewhat bring back the old way of JP gear being last patches VP gear. I just have a feeling this may end up being like Cata where the dungeons are going to be too tedious for the primary demographic who runs them. I don't mind the proving grounds thing at all, I just wonder if they have short term amnesia or are crazy (doing same failed thing over and over expecting a different result), because honestly making 5 man content harder only seems to make more people mad then when they make them easy...

• PolarisPolaris I am powerless against the sky. Registered User regular
    Dungeons have been a train wreck since Cata. I know a lot of people loved the zomg-hard dungeons but when my casual friends would rather run low level dungeons rather than the enforced marking and coordinating every single encounter in normal lvl85 dungeons then I knew it had gone too far. Nothing wrong with making normals zerg-ish with the tough trash, insta-kill and other tricky mechanics being reserved for the heroic dungeons, zergable only when over gearing them.

I mean, what was wrong with how progression worked in Wrath ? You always ran the normal 80s to pick up the critical tanking/dps/healing gear to be ready for heroics. Then, tougher dungeons were patched in that rewarded excellent gear (even in normals) as the tiers progressed. Then you LFD'd the heroics to death to to get ready for ICC via the badge gear. Compare this to what I just did with my fresh Boomkin where I ran exactly no dungeons at 90 and instead literally walked around and picked up i496 gear from the timeless isle and then could waltz into LFR - it's just dull and teaches you nothing about actually being in a group before raiding. I literally had no idea what dps I should be pulling as I'd never seen any progression in it - unsurprisingly it turned out to be terrible.

Aside: The huge jump in gear in Cata was to combat the problem that people were clearing Naxx in T6 gear (which in turn was a reaction to the 'Purple is the New Green' effect of TBC).

• MillMill Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, on one hand it sucks for people going through TBC, Wrath and Cata content and finding out that there is no point in getting gear from heroics or really focusing on the former cap level dungeons. On the other hand, it was needed at the time because it was kind of bullshit to let people have easy mode for the first tier of the new expansion because they succeeded in getting the hardest content of the previous expansion on farm. Also really not a good thing, that people could ignore content for the first few levels of the new expansion, by running the old content from the previous expansion (I know the nerf was implemented for cata beta on this one because people were doing the theorycraft to maximize leveling to 85, by chain running wrath heroics).

Lvl 100 normals shouldn't be too bad; especially, if they allow for the inclusion of lvl 99 players. The 10 lvl range will probably make it a little more feasible. I don't think 85 normals worked that well in Cataclysm because of the five level thing.

I'd love to see the inclusion of new five mans as the expansion gets patches. I'm aware that takes resources, but it makes things more interesting. I'm hoping they can perfect some tech that lets them quickly scale up the old five man drops because that would alleviate the issue of people getting burned out when a patch added 1-3 new five mans, that dropped better gear that release five mans.

Mill on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So a nice day, finally got hc Malkorok down and also 7 gold challenge modes. I didn't really believe we'd ever get Malk, and was already considering buying a CM boost instead of waiting till we get a group. So unlikely things happen!

I loved early Cata heroics, and I'd be really happy to get more like that. Like, especially now that there's no 10 man raiding anymore (in WoD). I like doing some smaller group content, and while CMs are nice I'd rather have something less speedrunnish and also harder. Not going to happen but it's a dream :P

Keemossi on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Last year I grouped with a druid was bitching about how he got the rocket again but not the pet which really bothered and confused me
    The only person I knew of who got it fled the realm

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I think I found my money maker finally. For an hour or so of grinding, I can potentially make 12k gold from the crafted goods.

RP servers RULE because of people's desire for good looking gear.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    The most annoying buttons are the "press this every now and then so your damage isn't total dogshit" buttons. Just get rid of those.

As much as I've come to love my Elemental Ascension, I can do without it.

Also get rid of Rupture for Rogues. Who the fuck even uses that aside from Assassination for procs that can be handled another way?

The main issue I see with removing ascendance is that Ele doesn't really have any other personal DPS CD. Plus, it's a really handy heal bomb as rest, but I DO have other tools that fill that niche.

Searing and Magma totem would be first on my personal list to axe. Also, grounding and capacitor. Limited use in PvE and kinda sucky in PvP.

Earthquake could go. In fact, it could be removed and I doubt anyone would notice. I'd miss grounding alot, and Capacitor a fair bit. The latter just takes a little bit of getting used to tbh in pvp although Totemic Projection helps it out alot.

I've never been a fan of Unleashed Weapon, as Elemental anyway. Stormlash totem could probably go, if Blizzard are fed up with all the "pop all these" cooldowns. We've got Bloodlust, do we really need another one?

What I wouldn't mind seeing, is Shocks getting separate cooldowns.

PSN Fleety2009
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    The most annoying buttons are the "press this every now and then so your damage isn't total dogshit" buttons. Just get rid of those.

Also get rid of Rupture for Rogues. Who the fuck even uses that aside from Assassination for procs that can be handled another way?

The main issue I see with removing ascendance is that Ele doesn't really have any other personal DPS CD. Plus, it's a really handy heal bomb as rest, but I DO have other tools that fill that niche.

Searing and Magma totem would be first on my personal list to axe. Also, grounding and capacitor. Limited use in PvE and kinda sucky in PvP.

Earthquake could go. In fact, it could be removed and I doubt anyone would notice. I'd miss grounding alot, and Capacitor a fair bit. The latter just takes a little bit of getting used to tbh in pvp although Totemic Projection helps it out alot.

I've never been a fan of Unleashed Weapon, as Elemental anyway. Stormlash totem could probably go, if Blizzard are fed up with all the "pop all these" cooldowns. We've got Bloodlust, do we really need another one?

Personally I'd remove Flame Shock and add the DoT to Earth and Frost. Earth for damage, Frost for snare. Having the shocks on separate cooldowns would mean that you just make one macro and blast them all in succession for maximum damage.

reVerse on
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Yeah, earth and fire shock shouldn't really be separate things.

I wouldn't want my ascendance taken away from my healer. Capacitor totem was a bad idea; it's 100% worse than all the other classes' stuns and it's too slow to be useful for raid mechanics. Primal strike shouldn't have ever been a thing.

I kind of feel like all of the dps abilities should be removed from resto and be replaced with a simple 2-3 ability dps-healing ability set. It's lame how gimped resto dps is compared to the other healing classes, and I really feel like I don't have anything to do during downtime in fights.

• ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Queing up as a Prot Warrior = instance dungeons. Also, the damage as a prot warrior is pretty ridiculous. Now what do I do with all these justice points? Save some for myself to buy gear at 90 or purchase some of those heirloom items?

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Gear at 90 is covered by the Timeless Isle.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Heirlooms are the only good JP purchase at 90

steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not at all sure what Justice Points are used for anymore other than heirlooms and honor.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    You can get 522 honour gear and it's probably faster to get JP than straight honour.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    It's sad that justice is rather hard to get at 90

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Can't you just farm the heck out of Heroic Dungeons? 100JP per boss?

Because I don't feel like waiting 20 or so minutes for gear I don't need and people are in the push push push type of run

Thing to remember with the ability bloat pruning, is that they do have the option to just remove an ability that is superfluous for one spec, while leaving it in for a spec where it's not considered superfluous. They hinted GoAK might get that treatment because it has to stay in for prot paladins, being their "oh shit" 50% damage reduction button (just hope they move it down to lower levels for them), but that it would likely get removed from Ret because the spec really doesn't need it.

The another thing is that some abilities are going to get the consolidation treatment, like skull banner for example. Skull banner is getting removed, but some of it's attributes are getting folded into recklessness. This pretty much frees up a macro for them, but it some cases it might be a keybind or even both.

Finally, some stuff is getting the "we want less buttons that trigger something, like healing sphere is getting. The ability to manually hit a button that spawns the spheres is gone, but there are still abilities will spawn them.

It'll be interesting to see what all they did. There is pretty much going to be QQ because there is almost always someone that grows attached to an ability, regardless of how good or bad it may be. Granted there are probably going to be cases where it's not a matter of the button being gimp or superfluous, it's getting yanked because they need to fix a certain aspect of the game, that has gotten out of hand (the CC and anti-CC arms race pretty much) and that will generate lots of QQ. Should be fun to see how many more abilities get axed after they announce these changes because there probably are a few that they figured, seems useful enough and most beta feedback, will be like "no, you really can get rid of this." Also will be fun to see how much of the axe stuff gets brought back in some form as either a glyph or even a talent.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The changes they made going into pandaria were all good, or at least in the right direction. I'm not really super worried. I just happen to like where resto shaman is at as far as healing is concerned (They can do fuck all with the non-healing stuff in the resto toolkit, it almost all sucks and/or is never used.)

• gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Would it be possible to take a level 88 druid into Firelands solo, not for the whole thing, but just to try for the fire seeds? By all accounts, The Internet (tm) tells me that at 90, you can stealth to one boss pull essentially, and gimmick it a bit (burning monstrosities maybe?), and fly to grab the fire seeds afterward. I'm wondering if it'll make that much difference trying at 88 vs. 90?

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Well whoever said that the $60 price tag for insta-90s was done to dissuade players from skipping leveling altogether, give yourself(ves) a cookie:
    Polygon wrote:
    Blizzard is charging $60 to level boost World of Warcraft characters so the process won't "devalue the accomplishment of leveling," Blizzard lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas told Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-blizzard-explains-usd60-cost-of-world-of-warcraft-level-90-character-boost

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think 60 bucks is a great price point.

It's just outside the realm of feasible, but not outside the realm of stretching for it in case you REALLY want it.

Like, I'm going to level my DK to 90, use my boost on my Pally, and then buy a $60 boost for my Warrior(or Rogue, or Hunter, or Mage) in place of buying a game.

While at 40 I probably would have bought like 3 and been a TERRIBLE PERSON

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh man, apparently somehow I missed that they're redoing the BRS dungeons in WoD?

yayyyyyy

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited February 2014
    So I am totally not thrilled that the first 'tier' in WoD is seventeen bosses (7 and 10). Hopefully they don't do the idiot shit ilvl split like they did in MoP, but come the hell on.

They need to seriously reign in their raid development. That many bosses per raid is completely unnecessary. Cut it in half and throw in a new dungeon or two every tier instead. For all the shit Cata got (from myself included), the toned down raid lengths and the more frequent new dungeons (plus being catchups) was way more appealing to me.

EDIT: Fantastic. They are doing two separate ilvls for the first tier in WoD again. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    oh man, apparently somehow I missed that they're redoing the BRS dungeons in WoD?

yayyyyyy

What's odd is that they are apparently not redoing Lower Blackrock Spire, even though they are one big instance.

Even if they change the entrance to give them separate instance portals, it would still theoretically be possible to parachute into LBRS from UBRS unless they put up a bunch of invisible walls or something.

I am also curious what they are going to do for the entrance to BWL (drop it and just make the Orb of Command the new entrance for everyone without needing attunement?) and if the streamlining will be more like the Scarlet Monastery (where most memorable rooms were retained in the new layout) or Scholomance (where over half the instance is just gone).

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    From a dev interview, Gul'dan may be an ally against the Iron Horde.

Anyone wanna make some predictions about what happens?

edited February 2014
    From a dev interview, Gul'dan may be an ally against the Iron Horde.

Anyone wanna make some predictions about what happens?

Gul'dan was always a wildcard, even in the 'original' lore. Shit he did, he did for himself and no one else. The entirety of current Azeroth/Draenor is entirely due to his own powerlust.

My understanding is with the technology and 'unity' of the Iron Horde, there was no need for him to gain the power he did, and thus doesn't have the influence over WoD-Draenor as he would want.

I could see him becoming an ally if for no other reason than to put down the Iron Horde so he can fuck up shit again after Azeroth-prime is done dicking with the Iron Horde and alt-Draenor.

Kind of an 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing.

The Dude With Herpes on

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I could also see him becoming an ally having consequences irt the burning legion

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Holy crap the Kun-Lai Runt is a beast of a battle pet.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind any of those. And to be honest, I completely forgot about EQ. What a garbage spell.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Javen wrote: »
    I could also see him becoming an ally having consequences irt the burning legion

I see one of two things happening.
    1) The Iron Horde is broken up and Gul'dan secures power to summon the Legion in. Kinda like the end of TBC when Tempest Keep was merely a setback.

2) Garrosh redeems himself by killing Gul'dan when he attempts to secure that power.

Bonus 3rd thing: Gul'dan flees to Outland, TBC content gets a facelift for part of the next expansion.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Finally, some stuff is getting the "we want less buttons that trigger something, like healing sphere is getting. The ability to manually hit a button that spawns the spheres is gone, but there are still abilities will spawn them.
    Where did you see this? I want to be spoiled! :)

Manual healing sphere doesn't seem to be getting the axe for bloat, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some similar abilities that get treated similarly for bloat reasons.

I'm curious of what the exact reasons are, which probably won't be known till they do there data drop. At which point knowing will be less valuable to me, since I'd be using that knowledge to try and figure out what other abilities would get such a treatment for the very reason that healing sphere had it happen because those will be included in the document.

On that note, I gather they supposedly have it done, but feel that the current form was too unwieldy for easy comprehension. I'm betting that even if they do have it ready to go, they'll wait till the end of Friday this week because that gives them two days to blow off the QQ storm, while the forum mods and community leaders shift through the weekends bullshit, to bring any legitimate concerns or criticisms to the devs attention.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Aww, a little upset about manual Healing Spheres going away. I use them as an emergency heal when Tanking on my Brewmaster if Expel Harm is on CD, or even to heal other people. Sad to see that go away :(

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
This discussion has been closed.