As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want [chat] liberation?

JarsJars Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Artist's Corner
this is a thread about chatting and persona. mostly persona

you guys like persona right?
I love persona

Jars on

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Before we open this chat thread, let's read the minutes from our previous chat thread.

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    It's okay, you can change the title of the thread whenever. It can be an additive art.

• Options
    that's the plan!

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    what the girl from the Thriller Bark arc
    she's not that great

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    I hate apartment hunting. We found one tonight and I'm pretty sure it's awesome, like it's as good as it gets and it fulfills all our requirements, so I think it's great, but I'm so incredibly unsure and hesitant that it's undermining my ability to make a proper decision. -____-

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I had a kendo photoshoot. It was AWESOME!

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Kallisti wrote: »
    I hate apartment hunting. We found one tonight and I'm pretty sure it's awesome, like it's as good as it gets and it fulfills all our requirements, so I think it's great, but I'm so incredibly unsure and hesitant that it's undermining my ability to make a proper decision. -____-

It just has to do three things
    1. Meet your expectations.
    2. The landlord has to not give off a douchebag vibe in even the slightest way.
    3. It has to be reasonably priced.

Else no matter what you will always find something down the line that you don't like about it, but it's not like you're marrying the apartment. This is no perfection to find. You won't find that artsy loft in the warehouse district rented with full amenities, decent utilities, and ridiculously low price. God knows I've searched.

• Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    Does everyone just rent flats now? I've been looking around, but I'm worried after a few months the landlord would go "oh, i found some dude who wants to buy the place, you've got 3 months to clear out. peace" and i'd be out of a home.

Buying seems like the good investment, but goddamn I cannot handle a mortgage right now

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Depending on the language of the lease the new homeowner would have to adhere to the agreements of a lease, or the existing owner would have to. Since they don't want to get into legal battles the homeowner will probably start trying to sell the home closer to the lease expiration date, but will inform you of doing so.

At that point it may be 3 months or 2 months or 1 or whatever, but you are coming to the end of your lease terms anyway so if you plan accordingly you should be prepared for a lease term end.

Of course once you move to month to month all bets are off, but if you talk to the landlord and are on good terms, chances are he might generate the security deposit on move out day so that you have money for the deposit for the next place. He might also write you a letter of recommendation which is valuable for approval.

Of course on a month to month with a dick of a landlord (they have up to 30 days to return your depost and will wait till the last day, with it gouged), than you probably still have legal rights to stay in your place for a time, but will have to fight a court battle. Courts (in the states anyway) usually are lenient to the tenants so long as they aren't dicks, and more so in the colder seasons.

In my case the only reason I rent and not own is not because of money but because of credit. I have such terrible credit that I can't get a home loan, yet my rent is the equivalent to what most people pay for a decent sized house mortgage. If I had the credit score I'd probably be paying less owning than i do renting (taxes and insurance included).

bebarce on
  • Options
    bebarce wrote: »
    it's not like you're marrying the apartment.

Please don't judge my lifestyle. :(

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Hey, check it out

Ancient Membership

Looks like I'm an Old One now.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is the best.

• Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    What do you guys do when your drawing arm gets inflamed and sore? Mine's been this way for a few weeks and I can't draw very much without making it worse.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Anyone up for a hangout tonight?

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I read or watch movies if i'm not feeling up to doing art or music.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »

Depends on the time. I won't get back to my Apt before 10 central at the earliest.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »

yes

• Options
    do you need any fancy stuff to do those. I'm not sure I even have a google+, but I think I do.

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    so twitch plays pokemon...
    h5A6CB371

start9

for those that don't know

some light reading :)

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Else no matter what you will always find something down the line that you don't like about it, but it's not like you're marrying the apartment. This is no perfection to find. You won't find that artsy loft in the warehouse district rented with full amenities, decent utilities, and ridiculously low price. God knows I've searched.

So it has this, but I'm waiting for the landlord to get in touch with the current tenants to contact me so I can have some questions answered. I'm really worried about the family that'll be moving in upstairs while we'd be renting out the basement suite. They have 2 younger kids 7 and 12, and there are hardwood floors, all of this makes me very paranoid. :| It's a cute place but this could totally fucking suck.

Do they have basement apartments in the states? I can't remember, I feel like it's not allowed or something, but they can be pretty nice if they're not totally cave-like as they tend to have a lot of character and feel very homey. I was in one that had an awesome location and amazing backyard, but oh god the spiders.

Just talked to the tenant and it sounds awesome, wooooo.

Kallisti on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Unless you can get someone to go upstairs and yell and stomp around then I wouldn't be sure that it will work out. Living with people above you is awful and I'll never do it again.

• Options
    Sorry I weirded out on chat. I was trying to join in a silenced chat mode to say hi and let you know maybe later, but it ended up resisting my mute settings and getting all loud while i was in my sleeping daughters room.

• Options
    What do you guys do when your drawing arm gets inflamed and sore? Mine's been this way for a few weeks and I can't draw very much without making it worse.

I don't draw but does a routine of cold packs, acetomorhine, or possibly eczema lotion if it's a skin specific thing help reduce symptoms so that you can draw normally?

• Options
    Kallisti wrote: »

So it has this, but I'm waiting for the landlord to get in touch with the current tenants to contact me so I can have some questions answered. I'm really worried about the family that'll be moving in upstairs while we'd be renting out the basement suite. They have 2 younger kids 7 and 12, and there are hardwood floors, all of this makes me very paranoid. :| It's a cute place but this could totally fucking suck.

Do they have basement apartments in the states? I can't remember, I feel like it's not allowed or something, but they can be pretty nice if they're not totally cave-like as they tend to have a lot of character and feel very homey. I was in one that had an awesome location and amazing backyard, but oh god the spiders.

Just talked to the tenant and it sounds awesome, wooooo.

Its very localized and has more to do with venting and the availability of multiple exits. Generally they're taboo but that doesn't stop most anyone.

• Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular

I don't draw but does a routine of cold packs, acetomorhine, or possibly eczema lotion if it's a skin specific thing help reduce symptoms so that you can draw normally?

I'll try icing it more. I've tried icing and not using it as much but writing/typing and using it are pretty much unavoidable.

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    you bros chatting? i'd be down

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    beavotron wrote: »

Beavooooooo

I am retiring for the evening, and Tam had to go to bed as well. :C Dat east-coast timezone.

We should hang soon though!

I will pepper you with endless hangout requests in the future. It will totally be a non-annoying way to make you hate me forever. <3

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    aw dang pacific coast, i only get home at 7:30 pst :( boooo! we shall hang out soon though!

• Options
    I'm on. And i'm going to try to wrangle Tauheed into it too.

• Options
    I'm in a bubble tea shop while my husband finds an ATM cause they were cash only but they're playing Utada Hikaru so it evens out.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    So as previously said I'm working on a webcomic right now. Is there a magic day of the week where everyone will be reading webcomics?
    The most undirected web traffic happens on Wednesdays, so maybe that day? Or do too many webcomics update wednesdays? Am I putting too much thought into this?

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I have just booked flights for iceland

oh hey also, if any of you guys are 3d env artists and want to move to europe, gimme a PM and I will give you sweet deets. Or if you know anyone who is and just want deets for them.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I am an artist and I have a lot of experience with 3d environments.

I spend approximately 86% of my day in them.

• Options
    WELL BLUEBERRY

theres also character concept artist positions still semi-open, and character artist positions

• Options
    Well, if it is character they are looking for, they certainly wont find it in me.

• Options
    are you trying to tell me you didn't eat the whole box of character crackers??

liar

• Options
    I ate the whole box, yes, but only because there were no crackers left in it.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    beavotron wrote: »

the leap from [chat] to chatting is a great and disturbing chasm

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.