As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TECH] WHO SMARTWATCHES THE SMARTWATCHMEN (nerds inside)

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    aight

this is what I was using, and it lasted a good while and despite being deceptively cheap it worked. only problem is the suction cup eventually just lost grip no matter if the application surface and it were clean (or the compression spring went, idk)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I have one of these. It's solid and has yet to come off or even budge after 7 or 8 months of frequent use.

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    The galaxy tab is a cute little dealie. Bigger than a phone, smaller than the Nexus 7 by a bit so in theory they could pocket the thing in some slacks, but whatever doo doo Samsung put on it compared what I'm assuming is the stock Android UI on the N7 is really weird.

Yeah, I agree that the weird samsung UI is super confusing; I'm used to more basic android from other things so all the extra bits they shove in there made it hard to get my head around. I think that's just par for the course with android in general, though, every manufacturer seems to want to give you "goodies", but most of those goodies aren't necessarily things that anyone actually wants.
    The TeamViewer QuickSupport totally works for doing remote support though, it's pretty cool and hopefully it will help whoever has to support these idiots after I peace the fuck out in a few months.

That's potentially worth knowing if we wind up having to support end users with these devices; hopefully not, to be honest, but at least now we have something to work with.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I tried to do a teamviewer support session with the iOS app as the supporter and the Tab as the client and do the live screen share mode but it didn't work :(

:neutral_face:

WHOA WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE SMILIES

:blush:

:neutral_face:

WHOA WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE SMILIES

:blush:

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    what are you some sort of sienfeld

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Those are straight up emoji on my iPhone what the fuck

AUTOCOMPLETE MENTIONS

WAY OF THE FUTURE

@T4CT‌

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Wtf happened to mobile forums

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    Also chromes v32 release is utter shit, thats probably the issue.

rotate.jpg
    I believe they're working on pushing out a new version. Some of it is cool, some of it is broken.

We have a hamburger now!

Naphtali wrote: »
    Hey tech thread

Recommend me a car mount for my cellphone

My brackettron finally gave up the ghost after almost 2 years and I'm just wondering if there's anything better out there

My ride is a Hyundai elantra if that helps

I have the same car as you.

I bluetooth in and just put the phone in the door side pocket thing. Right up there by the door habdle. Fits perfect.

-Nathan

rotate.jpg
    Of the mobile site, not chrome.

Ya, chrome comment was meant for a page back I think.

rotate.jpg
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT @Abracadaniel‌

HOLY SHIT THESE NEW FORUMS

WHAT IS GOING ON

Thumb sized page buttons

This is brave new world, people.

Ragnarok happened and it's all @IcyLiquid‌ 'a fault

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Don't sass me @Abracadaniel‌

No sass! I embrace the hamburger

When it works ;)

Cross post from Giantbomb thread

I understand where the concept of these new mobile forums is going and on paper I like it I just think it needs a bunch of refinement

And might be better suited as an app?

You're an app

Appracadaniel

Appracadaniel

Mods

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Holy crap the thread list is much harder to read now. Viewing threads is I don't even know.

It's being worked on. There's an ongoing thread in the bug report thread looking for feedback. Bookmarks are useful now!

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    crapacadaniel

poo
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Hey, there's a Woot! deal right now for some InstaCHARGE 5200mAh portable battery chargers with built-in AUX speakers. They come in multiple colors so you can match yours to your blouse or phone case or eyes or whatever. Just $30, seems like a good deal.
    3euaUuk.pngFwn144H.png2teb980.png
    http://www.woot.com/plus/instacharge-5200mah-portable-chargers
    Your average iPhone battery is around 1500mAh for reference.

having big battery pack thingy with me is lifesaver at times

poo
    to keep in my backpack

poo
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Have literally just been looking for one, but alas I cannot woot.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Got a dongle (hehe dong) so I can do more netflix, skype, and stuff from the hospital next week, went with pay as you go because I don't want to be paying lots every month when some months I (hopefully) won't really be using it much. It comes with content controls enabled, I begin to worry this will screw with Netflix (or skype, or whatever), so I go to try and turn them off, it tells me to go to the website and access the settings from my account, easy!

No.

It was a lie.

I cannot access anything to do with the dongle from my account, because my account is for my pay monthly phone/plan, so even after giving up and contacting their support I am told that it is not possible.
    Support wrote:
    And the logic behind this is , the services for pay as you go number and pay monthly number is very much different and hence we can not have the same account for both the numbers.

Which seems like steaming BS to me, but whatever, it is what it is so I go to start creating a new account just for this fuckin' dongle. A short while later I find out that I can't actually change the content control settings online for a pay as you go plan, because I need to go into a store and show ID. Thanks for going over that with me, guy in the store that I spoke to when I was picking the damn thing up, and thanks service provider for not letting me add it to my existing account which already has that shit turned off. Thanks a fucking lot.

thor.gif

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Have literally just been looking for one, but alas I cannot woot.

One of these will probably sort you out. The trick is working out which one -- DX is normally pretty good about saying "claimed capacity" -vs- "actual capacity", but it's still a bit of a gamble.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    So I just put my EVO 840 into my PC and ran some benchmarks.

316d82d329.png

The top results are my EVO 840 and the bottom are my old Crucial M4. That difference is pretty fuckin big.

How do I make a W7 boot usb so I can format and install W7 to the new SSD? I had to disconnect my disk drive to power the SSD cause I didn't have the right cables on hand.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    There are two ways to do that and instructions for both can be found here:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/

If you don't have the ISO but do have the DVD, then use the instructions on page 2 to create a bootable USB drive manually.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I had to disconnect my disk drive to power the SSD so I can't use the DVD to make it and don't have the .iso

Is it possible to download it legally using my licence?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    i taught my dad how to use dropbox yesterday

and it was glorious

the look he had when i was showing him

like he's a pretty tech-y guy and worked in telecom for years and years so as soon as he understood what was going on he was like "why doesn't everyone just fuckin' do this"

and I said "i don't know pops i don't know"

and then we watched the hobbit

that's my story

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I had to disconnect my disk drive to power the SSD so I can't use the DVD to make it and don't have the .iso

Is it possible to download it legally using my licence?

I'm not sure.

You could remove the SSD for now and make the USB drive and then hook the SSD back up. Then just boot to USB like you would a DVD.

Or you could disconnect your current hard drive to completely remove it from the equation and then install Windows on the SSD and set your old hard drive as the secondary drive.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I usually disconnect any non sytem disk when installing windows anyway

This discussion has been closed.