As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week for 09/12/07

13»

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That last image of
    the entire Sinestro Corps aiming for Earth

was spectacularly awesome.

Darklyre on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darklyre wrote: »
    That last image of
    the entire Sinestro Corps aiming for Earth

was spectacularly awesome.

You might want to indicate what the spoiler is for. Otherwise it's just some words you have to press a button to see.

august on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God, I've got no fucking clue what's going on with Kyle now, between his appearances in Countdown and GL.
    When he showed up all none-parallax'd in Countdown I hadn't read GL yet, so I just assumed "Oh I guess he'll be sorted out in this issue of GL and immdiately piss off into the teeny-tiny land to meet up with Donna and her gaggle of retards"

But no, he's still trying to eat people.
    Didn't DC say when Countdown was starting that they were going to be really tightening up on inter-series timing and stuff? Because, I mean, they're really not doing a great job.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God, I've got no fucking clue what's going on with Kyle now, between his appearances in Countdown and GL.
    When he showed up all none-parallax'd in Countdown I hadn't read GL yet, so I just assumed "Oh I guess he'll be sorted out in this issue of GL and immdiately piss off into the teeny-tiny land to meet up with Donna and her gaggle of retards"

Didn't DC say when Countdown was starting that they were going to be really tightening up on inter-series timing and stuff? Because, I mean, they're really not doing a great job.

It's your own fault for continuing to read Countdown... it's like the Anti-52...

Also, what kind of karmatic clusterfuck is Coastal City involved in... they must have pissed off a whole heap of gods at some point in time...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited September 2007
    I only got this issue because Kyle was in it. I thought he might be able to make me interested in it again.

It doesn't seem to have worked.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I only got this issue because Kyle was in it. I thought he might be able to make me interested in it again.

It doesn't seem to have worked.

Well, I'm certainly not going to fault you for Kyle-love... your heart was in the right place.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Legacy was rather awesome.
    Motherfucking Obi-wan all up ins blowing someone's arm off with the force.

Mai-Kero on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

That was kind of confusing. I was trying to figure out if he had managed to spin his saber around somehow or use Hett's weapon against him or what.

DMAC on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DMAC wrote: »

That was kind of confusing. I was trying to figure out if he had managed to spin his saber around somehow or use Hett's weapon against him or what.
    At first I was like wait they can't do that and then I realized that yes, they very much can, it's the force.

Mai-Kero on
    edited September 2007

Wait isn't Legacy the one set years and years after the Vong war and all those shennanigans

Why is that person there

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Wait isn't Legacy the one set years and years after the Vong war and all those shennanigans

Why is that person there
    A'Shard is telling Cade about how he survived the Purge and went to lead the Tuskuns on Tatooine. He was leading a raiding party onto a moisture farm and it turns out that the farm had a protector.

I also really like the
    whole group getting together to rescue Cade. It's had a whole Return of the Jedi rescue Han vibe to it.

Bloods End on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

It's your own fault for continuing to read Countdown... it's like the Anti-52...

Also, what kind of karmatic clusterfuck is Coastal City involved in... they must have pissed off a whole heap of gods at some point in time...

It was addressed at one of the panels that they knew the timing would be off for Kyle, but didn't want to intentionally delay books to make it "right".

And it's Coast City. Coast.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think Hank Henshaw just hates Coast City in general.

Fencingsax on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

It was addressed at one of the panels that they knew the timing would be off for Kyle, but didn't want to intentionally delay books to make it "right".

Goat City, got it.

august on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    I'm sorry, did you say sandwich?

DJ Eebs on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Man, I hope when they do get Kyle off of GL, it's not some sloppy rush job because there's no way to make sense of it. I don't want Hal Jordan to pull Parallax out of him, then Kyle to say, "Whoa! Thanks for that! What's that, Guardians? You want me to go into the Microverse somewhere on Earth and help out Donna Troy? Okay, gotta go Hal."

Countdown already took the power out of Black Adam's return, too.

Lux on
    edited September 2007
    Lux wrote: »

Quite literally! Get it? Because you know, he gave up his power...to Mary Marvel..thus taking out his power...like you said...ha ha.

Head on over to the Action figure thread and see my box collection!

Bad Karma on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lux wrote: »

Quite literally! Get it? Because you know, he gave up his power...to Mary Marvel..thus taking out his power...like you said...ha ha.

Head on over to the Action figure thread and see my box collection!

Not if you're not going to be polite about it.

The Muffin Man on
    edited September 2007
    I thought Jay Garricks cockblock was worth a week of some moment.
    fire4uc1.jpg

Though I loved the two page spread with the fire engine. :^::^:

Bad Karma on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I thought Jay Garricks cockblock was worth a week of some moment.
    fire4uc1.jpg

Though I loved the two page spread with the fire engine. :^::^:

I just noticed the giant pancake the 2 kids are holding on that page. How...and who is eating that mostrosity?

KVW on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    There are at least 3 kids holding the pancake.

They made it because they made the "biggest pancake ever"

Garlic Bread on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    JSA is such a feel good book. That scene where they're riding in the fire truck, it's like a Norman Rockwell painting with superheroes.

Lux on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly, JSA feels like a Norman Rockwell superhero group. Seriously, just think about how the team is made up of old and new heroes, and how the old hands are showing the newbies the ropes. Then think about that Norman Rockwell picture of the son mimicking his father shaving. It's got the same vibe.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I actually like the JSA as a team a lot more than the Justice League.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Honestly, JSA feels like a Norman Rockwell superhero group. Seriously, just think about how the team is made up of old and new heroes, and how the old hands are showing the newbies the ropes. Then think about that Norman Rockwell picture of the son mimicking his father shaving. It's got the same vibe.

I especially like how they don't have an "old hero" leading them. It adds that extra "team work" flare without making it JUST "old heroes helping new ones". Makes it feel more like the two groups help each other.

The Muffin Man on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I liked Moon Knight #13 this week.
    It may be taking a while, and it may be a good ways behind the rest of the Marvel universe (still taking place before Civil War #7), but there was a great moment with him and Tony.
    Tony: "How did he look?"
    Marc: "He's Captain America. He looked like a fucking hero. You just look like an asshole."

Me Too! on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fables was good this week, with the story moving along nicely. Though Frau Totenkinder's conversation with Beast, plus The Snow Queens part this week confirms my suspicions.
    Fabletown (along with the Cloud Kingdoms) are going to loose the war, but it remains to be seen how badly they will loose the war. And maybe without the bleak outlook as presented in The Good Son.

But its stuff like this that keeps me reading Fables.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cerrius wrote: »
    Fables was good this week, with the story moving along nicely. Though Frau Totenkinder's conversation with Beast, plus The Snow Queens part this week confirms my suspicions.
    Fabletown (along with the Cloud Kingdoms) are going to loose the war, but it remains to be seen how badly they will loose the war. And maybe without the bleak outlook as presented in The Good Son.

But its stuff like this that keeps me reading Fables.
    possibility they lose the war but are able to move back out of the mundy world due to Fly Catcher gaining his kingdom back?

Algertman on