As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TECH] WHO SMARTWATCHES THE SMARTWATCHMEN (nerds inside)

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    OH my gosh. I am using Keepass now. What have i been doing with my life and why did no one steal my everything?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    OH my gosh. I am using Keepass now. What have i been doing with my life and why did no one steal my everything?
    It's ok, things are getting better now.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I still don't use one of those password things.

I tried keepass one time but lost my database or whatever in a hdd crash and that almost lost me access to a few accounts.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Pretty sure Microsoft doesn't give a shit if you get an ISO as long as it isn't some hacked form of windows. You just gotta use your license key. Microsoft has a usb/dvd tool you can use to put it on your flash drive.

edit:

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Man, I can't remember who originally posted it but I finally pulled the trigger on the corsair carbide 540. One thing led to another and I found myself also pulling the trigger on the MSI 780ti and Asus P8Z77-V.

I love that PC building has come such a long way, that even though I straight up changed my mobo, when I booted it up all windows 8 did was download new drivers.

The case looks fresh as hell and the new mobo is a champ. Just using the presets i am overclocking my i7-2600k to 4.2 with nary a hiccup.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I tried keepass one time but lost my database or whatever in a hdd crash and that almost lost me access to a few accounts.

I'm worried about that happening, so I've ended up with backups on my phone, my NAS, my flash drive and my Drive account.

• Options
    It occurs to me I have a usb drive dogtag thing from I fight Dragons that I usually have on me.

I could keep it on that.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Cyvros wrote: »

I'm worried about that happening, so I've ended up with backups on my phone, my NAS, my flash drive and my Drive account.

Cloud storage.

• Options
    my free extra dropbox storage from my galaxy is going to lapse soon?

what will happen with that?

also I could use Google drive...

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Automatic, the dingus I use in my car to track mileage and whatnot added IFTT integration!

Gonna make my car a twitter account.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    Man, I can't remember who originally posted it but I finally pulled the trigger on the corsair carbide 540. One thing led to another and I found myself also pulling the trigger on the MSI 780ti and Asus P8Z77-V.

I love that PC building has come such a long way, that even though I straight up changed my mobo, when I booted it up all windows 8 did was download new drivers.

The case looks fresh as hell and the new mobo is a champ. Just using the presets i am overclocking my i7-2600k to 4.2 with nary a hiccup.

Nice! I just ordered a new case (fractal r4) and PSU. This will be the first time I put stuff into a new case. I'm looking forward to having a neater case and super quiet fans for a change.

I was tempted to spring for a 780ti but I only got a GTX 670 last year.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Automatic, the dingus I use in my car to track mileage and whatnot added IFTT integration!

gonna follow dan's car

• Options
    jesus that sounded a lot creepier than i intended it to

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

gonna follow dan's car

• Options
    In theory it would be pretty awesome for someone who had to track mileage for their work, with IFTT you can have it write all that data to a Google Spreadsheet or a Dropbox text file or whatever.

• Options
    mazdan holy shit i just fuckin' died

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Earlier this year I dropped a PS4's worth of currency on a new video card.

Now I just need a new mobo, processor, and RAM.... which is another that much money again

edit: oh and case, since this ENORMOUS SOLID STEEL Antec P9hundredsomething somehow barely has enough room to fit the goddamned video card.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I had a solid brushed aluminum case once.

It was.

Heavy.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i ordered that 840 evo drive

now my pc will live again and be faster

poo
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

It was.

Heavy.

The aluminum cases I've had in the past were always lighter.

Went back to steel when I finished college, though.

• Options
    it was a full tower too...

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Cyvros wrote: »

Cloud storage.

Yeah, that's my Drive account.

I just don't trust cloud storage enough alone.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really hate these new mobile forums right now.

• Options
    Nah

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Every time someone complains about the forums I raven them now.

I feel it's the most passive aggressive thing I can do.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like the direction they are taking with them but it's so cumbersome to navigate as is.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

It was.

Heavy.

Yeah

heheh

Heavy metal

~~AIR GUITAR~~

• Options
    Real talk if you got a Mac and you wanna photo edit

Acorn

I know it's a little expensive

But Acorn

• Options
    Butt acorn

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Butt acorn

shuf

• Options
    Alt pick: Pixelmator (it also does vectors)

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT
    MAZDAN

• Options
    Dan pitch me on acorn over pixelmator's GDrive suite

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

So wait, how exactly does this program work? It generates random passwords for you, and then you have one password to access those passwords, and... this is the step I am missing, how do I get the passwords from that to the sites I want to log into? Copy paste?

Seems neat though, I should probably set it up.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

So wait, how exactly does this program work? It generates random passwords for you, and then you have one password to access those passwords, and... this is the step I am missing, how do I get the passwords from that to the sites I want to log into? Copy paste?

Seems neat though, I should probably set it up.

You can use it in a few ways. It can purely be a database for all your existing passwords locked by a master password (like you can do in most browsers), but yep, you can use it to generate new passwords to your specifications (e.g. length, types of characters used).

Copy-paste is one option. On Windows systems, you can use Ctrl+Alt+A as a global shortcut to bring up the autocomplete for whatever your website is on. There are also too many extensions to name for browsers like Firefox, Chrome and IE. One of those extensions, KeeFox, can even be used in Thunderbird for your e-mail passwords.

There are apps for mobile devices, too, and I think someone's even made a web app to access your database that you can host yourself.

• Options

the who in the what now

• Options

the who in the what now

Right now I use Pixelmator for most of my primary editing on my MacBook because if you go into Google Drive they have it integrated into their suite of apps

Pitch me on acorn cause I want something dedicated for offline use on my MacBook

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    dang, i ordered this hard drive on amazon at like 8pm last night and it was here by 2pm

poo
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I love Prime. I just ordered a bunch of stuff and it was gonna cost me 130 euro in shipping but then I changed to my prime address and it was free!!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Earlier this year I dropped a PS4's worth of currency on a new video card.

Now I just need a new mobo, processor, and RAM.... which is another that much money again

edit: oh and case, since this ENORMOUS SOLID STEEL Antec P9hundredsomething somehow barely has enough room to fit the goddamned video card.

I had to remove the top hard drive bay caddy thing to fit my 770 in my Antec 900.

This discussion has been closed.