As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    "For example, the Mage Bomb talent row could have all three bomb spells consolidated into one talent, which gives the mage a bomb based on their spec. This would free up two spaces on that row for more talent choices."

Well at least we may know what's happening with Mage Bombs.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Would it be possible to take a level 88 druid into Firelands solo, not for the whole thing, but just to try for the fire seeds? By all accounts, The Internet (tm) tells me that at 90, you can stealth to one boss pull essentially, and gimmick it a bit (burning monstrosities maybe?), and fly to grab the fire seeds afterward. I'm wondering if it'll make that much difference trying at 88 vs. 90?
    You should be fine to stealth in and find the Burning Seeds. It's possible to solo Alysrazor as a Boomkin, but I don't know how easy it will be in levelling gear due to stat scaling issues (it was possible to do it as a normal raid geared Boomkin at 85). At 90 both druid dps specs (really any class with gear over ilvl 520) should be able to solo her without any problems.

• Options
    If they do and make 2 new 75 talents for mages, I think mages would be getting the most changes of any class right now. Potential new 75 talents, hopefully re-done (or hopefully they just can the idea and change them completely) 90 talents and the 100 talents.

Would be a nice step forward from how dreary MoP has been for us. A lot of people claim that MoP wasn't so bad because mages topped damage for 3/4 of it but all the specs are pretty boring to play and are constantly getting nerfed. The exception is Frost, which was awful PvE wise until the mastery change.

I'm just sick of people saying that mages don't need to be changed because we topped damage for a long time because of our terrible design having insane scaling which then led to nerfs every patch. Stupid people are annoying.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Given it's looking like I'll be both transferring and/or faction changing my paladin (currently on silvermoon), when I get non-shitty internet (seriously, fuck Hughesnet and also the service providers who refuse to make high speed more accessible). I'm planning on watching how things go for mages with WoD changes because I'll probably burn my instant 90 on a non-hero class that I'd want to alt on. I'll probably level up another DK, but I think it's a waste to bump one of those up to 90, when I'm potentially looking at leveling a bunch of new alts (not motivated to spend money transferring and/or faction changing all my current characters).

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still like I keep saying who takes Garrosh back in time is Varimathras or the other one that got away for another try at creating a decent beachhead for the legion into Azeroth
    That way they can keep Gul'dan on the side as a wildcard if it all goes wrong or such

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    "For example, the Mage Bomb talent row could have all three bomb spells consolidated into one talent, which gives the mage a bomb based on their spec. This would free up two spaces on that row for more talent choices."

Well at least we may know what's happening with Mage Bombs.

Ah, that's a shame. I actually really like the various Bomb talents. I think it's one of the more balanced talent tiers in general, too. Living Bomb for 1-2 targets, Nether Tempest for 3-4, Frost Bomb for 5+ grouped up. Granted, Frost Bomb hasn't seen much use this tier because of the lack of huge grouped up aoe fights, but aside from that they all have clear-cut defined usage. And also I just really like having DoT capabilities as Frost. Not really a fan of the idea of Frost only having access to Frost Bomb. Hmm, guess we'll see what happens.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Keysier wrote: »
    AoE Chaos Bolts? Yeah, ok.

Sporting a chubby and not afraid to admit it

Luckily like all warlock abilities and talents, they will get nerfed drastically before release

yeah, just like the crippled warlocks of today B)

You mean the crippled warlocks that are topping dps meters and are the #1 most desired DPS class right now?

Yes those ones B)

I don't mean _now_ of course. The general flow for warlocks is OP before expansion due to crazy talents. Nerfed heavily towards the beginning of the actual expansion and partly through the middle. Brought back up again towards the end.

MoP was the exception. TBC I suppose as well, how that didn't get changed I still don't know but I happily chucked insane damage Shadowbolts over and over and ate while raiding. I don't think I ever felt weak in MoP but then again I quit around the time that PvPish questing hub was added (before isle of thunder) in Karang? something wilds. I wanted to stick around to get Green Fire, but uhhhhhhhhh I didn't have the patience, and there was this Cataclysm spell debacle. Whatever!

Looking forward to trying to stick around this expansion. Rerolling on a new server and going Warrior, should be good.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Regarding warlocks: I like what they've done with MoP, but I'd really like it if affliction doesn't suck until I get super geared.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Got asked to tank my guild's run last night since one of our MTs was out of town. some discoveries:

1. I'm really rusty
    2. H Immersius with a prot paladin tank can be an exercise in hilarity (my self healing brings all the adds to me)
    3. I found I missed tanking, hadn't done it in a loooong time

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Leveling up a prot/ret paladin, and I really like where they are in regards to buttons to push vs like my enhance shaman.

Enough to have tools to use, but not so much you are trying to remember where all the crap is on your bars because you use it once every 3 raids/dungeons.

• Options

Well uh, wow.

Holy shit. I like this.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Grats mages. I hope rogues get the same treatment.

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular

Well uh, wow.

Holy shit. I like this.

Will you post the content, please?

• Options
    That's the only info about it so far. No actual details, just a twitter summary. Is that massive info dump Celestalon promised still happening?

• Options

Well uh, wow.

Holy shit. I like this.

I want to like it but I'm holding off until I see what the changes are, been burned before

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's sad they turned to Twitter instead of continuing to deal with the general BS of their own forums

• Options
    Pretty sure that they would have turned to twitter regardless of how good or shitty the forums were.

1) There were people who didn't use the forums or couldn't use the US forums bitching about how unfair it was that posters on their US forums were getting blue responses from the devs. Never mind the fact that they did get look at feedback that wasn't posted on the US forums and did respond to it, if a response was warranted.
    2) There was an increasing number of belligerent posters that expected a blue reply to every question they asked. Instead of looking at posting as a means to provided feedback that may not get a direct blue response.
    3) IIRC there were also idiots above GC, that didn't care for this approach.

It's a damn shame really because I don't much care trying to check things on twitter. They really just need to get the big boy pants on in regards to their forum and just suck it up, when people bitch about the moderation being too restrictive because the idiots and trolls are going to always bitch about any decent moderation. Hell, I wonder if the WoW forums would be one of those places that would do well under something like the golden rule, I really do think for large internet forums, limiting people to one name to call others, is a good way to murder most of the vitriol. Also would help if they just made people pick a forum handle that everyone one sees, given the sure number of players, also let them pick a faction and realm name to be associated with that handle. It's far too easy to sockpuppet behind level one alts. Hell, I'd probably go as not allowing people to have sigs or a link to their armory, since a far chunk of the BS on there is assholes that just armory troll to discredit feedback they don't like or agree with.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I don't like that the Feedback options for the Battle.net Dashboard and Hearthstone Beta just direct you to the forums. Sorry Blizzard, I'm never going to post on your forums.

Back when I was in the Wrath Beta, I was able to submit Feedback directly from in-game. Do that again.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I couldn't help but notice Blizzard say that for shaman the weapon imbues are not optional. So people brought up the following point: If they aren't optional, making them passive. Making them active / a choice means imbues should get a look over to make all options viable no matter the spec.

Blizzard's response? They're active because death persistence is a thing or something?

I feel like Blizzard doesn't give much of a shit for shaman these days.

• Options
    I always got the impression imbues are suppose to be the shaman equivalent of paladin seals. So at the very least each one available to a spec, should have some sort of niche that it outperforms the other imbues at. Never really leveled a shaman that much, so I don't know if the issue is that they need to prune imbues (be that for the whole class or make some spec specific) or if it's something else.

• Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Leveling up a prot/ret paladin, and I really like where they are in regards to buttons to push vs like my enhance shaman.

Enough to have tools to use, but not so much you are trying to remember where all the crap is on your bars because you use it once every 3 raids/dungeons.

I'm always interested in where people key bind to play. If you don't have a nostromo, is it generally the 1-0 at the top with a shift+ or alt+? I assume this allows you constant mouse usage with the main hand. I've tried that but i keep falling back to using the numpad for my main keys, 1-10 for my secondary keys and F1-F10 for anything additional. Sometimes I'll go as far as Shift+numpad for keybinds. But this limits my interaction with the mouse. Horrid for PVP, but doesn't bother me for PVE.

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I always got the impression imbues are suppose to be the shaman equivalent of paladin seals. So at the very least each one available to a spec, should have some sort of niche that it outperforms the other imbues at. Never really leveled a shaman that much, so I don't know if the issue is that they need to prune imbues (be that for the whole class or make some spec specific) or if it's something else.

The thing is, while Windfury and Flametongue are the optimal choices for Enhancement, we still have access to Rockbiter and Frost. Frost it can be argued is a PvP choice. Rockbiter remains the "should shaman pull aggro and eat it but not be able to tank" thing. But then Resto is the only one that gets Earthliving.

Feh, I dunno. Shaman are so disjointed at this point. I'm very sad that MoP made the class fall apart, because every expansion 'til then was bringing the class more and more together.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »

I'm always interested in where people key bind to play. If you don't have a nostromo, is it generally the 1-0 at the top with a shift+ or alt+? I assume this allows you constant mouse usage with the main hand. I've tried that but i keep falling back to using the numpad for my main keys, 1-10 for my secondary keys and F1-F10 for anything additional. Sometimes I'll go as far as Shift+numpad for keybinds. But this limits my interaction with the mouse. Horrid for PVP, but doesn't bother me for PVE.
    For my paladin I use 1-6 and F1-F6 for most common stuff with AoE abilities on the upper row (1 is Crusader Strike, F1 is Hammer of Righteous; 3 is Templar, F3 is Divine Storm).

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Speaking of Shaman Weapons imbues that are active forever, can Rogues get some of that unlimited duration action for their Poisons?

I know Poisons have come a long way in the convenience department, but still, the hour duration should go.

• Options
    edited February 2014

I have a n52te :smile:

I use the top two rows (aside from the far left button on each) as 1-8, then the circle button above the d-pad as shift, making for 16 'most often' used buttons. Then the left button on the top as Tab, the left button on 2nd row as shift-tidle (for rogue stealth, or warrior stance shift, bear form, etc) and the 3rd left button as ctrl-tilde for more form options - I play a druid as my main.

The bottom row is a various buttons - with another set for using the shift key (that circle button with the d-pad again).

And then I hotkey less often used stuff to my keyboard numpad.

Also use only mouse turn, and the d-pad right/left are strafe.

Bigity on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

I ain't been in the game since last year but I used: Standard WASD movement, mouse turning, 1-5, Shift+1-5, QERTZXCVBF and often Shift+QERTZXCVBF. Putting your thumb to use with those CVB keys can really help you with mobility. I would often put my instant-cast spells like Power Word: Shield and "Proc" based spells like Frostfire bolt/Howling Blast etc. on the thumb buttons. You have your full range of movement with your WASD fingers and mouse while your thumb keeps your characters throwing out spells/abilities.

I always bind my interrupt on X although that's mostly for muscle memory across multiple characters. I usually reach for X using the key that handles S. You're usually on the offensive when you're interrupting so it's rarely a problem to stop moving backwards for a a second when interrupting. Something more ergonomic or easy could be better for that.

Anything with a decent cooldown tends to get Shift+button treatment although I make exceptions for Shift+2-4. It's probably just a matter of logically separating buttons. 2-4 tend to be where I bind my standard combat spells like Frostbolts, Obliterates and Mindflays. The gears of a well oiled rotation. Translating that to lower cooldown spells (15-30 seconds) can work okay? This is where it just comes down to preference and muscle memory.

I did a count a while back and realized I had about 23-26 keybindings with the above setup. I got a Naga Razor mouse which has a 1-12 keypad on the side but I couldn't custom bind that stuff and I have little use for pressing the 2 key with my mouse hand. It did offer me a way to use - and = (11 and 12) but I never worked that meaningfully into any character save for Monk who actually had enough abilities to warrant it. Never quite got used to it before I quit though.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah that's basically what I do (although I use QWES for movement because I'm weird I guess.) I rebound F1-4 to abilities also. I also put interrupt on a mouse button so that I can hit it quickly without worrying about hitting the wrong key.

I tried out a speedpad once but I didn't like it at all

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    yeah that's basically what I do (although I use QWES for movement because I'm weird I guess.) I rebound F1-4 to abilities also. I also put interrupt on a mouse button so that I can hit it quickly without worrying about hitting the wrong key.

tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif

Delmain on
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular

I play with esdf and pretty much use everything around it: Q, a, z, r, t, g, h, x, c, v, b, numbers 1-6 pretty much. I always bind my most spammable attacks to r/g/G, some panic buttons to q/Q/ctrlQ, interrupt to t, movement to b and so on. Plenty of keybinds for everything with the modifier keys. Also function keys for marking skull/cross/whatever.

• Options

I am so used to it now I'd probably quit if I couldn't have one.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular

QWES? Mm. S is still backwards? I guess I can understand that. Seems a little disadvantageous to shift your movement more up and to the left on the keyboard. Keemosi's probably got it right with esdf: the further you shift into the center of the keyboard the more letter hotkeys you open up for usage. That being said you still want fairly easy access to that Shift key because it's large and does good work doubling your key space more or less.

I have also never been a big Speedpad dude. I had a friend who swore by it though. LAN parties with him were always fun when we played musical chairs during raid. Trying to puzzle out that thing on the go is crazy. I ended up feeling like a one-man band or something because I'd be using part of his keyboard, part of the speedpad, the mouse...

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Are there any decent addons for setting up and changing hot key setups? I actually use dominos for that, but not as an actionbar mod

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

QWES? Mm. S is still backwards? I guess I can understand that. Seems a little disadvantageous to shift your movement more up and to the left on the keyboard. Keemosi's probably got it right with esdf: the further you shift into the center of the keyboard the more letter hotkeys you open up for usage. That being said you still want fairly easy access to that Shift key because it's large and does good work doubling your key space more or less.

I have also never been a big Speedpad dude. I had a friend who swore by it though. LAN parties with him were always fun when we played musical chairs during raid. Trying to puzzle out that thing on the go is crazy. I ended up feeling like a one-man band or something because I'd be using part of his keyboard, part of the speedpad, the mouse...

I agree that moving movement one key to the right is better, it was just too hard for me to get used to

I like QWES because the reach from the top row to the third just felt more natural with my fingers resting over QWE than it did with them over WASD

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »

The thing is, while Windfury and Flametongue are the optimal choices for Enhancement, we still have access to Rockbiter and Frost. Frost it can be argued is a PvP choice. Rockbiter remains the "should shaman pull aggro and eat it but not be able to tank" thing. But then Resto is the only one that gets Earthliving.

Feh, I dunno. Shaman are so disjointed at this point. I'm very sad that MoP made the class fall apart, because every expansion 'til then was bringing the class more and more together.

Weird, I play enhance and loved it throughout MoP. I don't really have any serious issues with what they've done

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So I figured I was done with WoW lore when I discovered that Jaina apparently hates the Horde now. But then I saw that apparently Blizzard has at least two more expansions planned and I was thinking about what they would be about..

Antagonist-wise, they're starting to run a bit thin of existing characters. Really, we have that last Old God (N'zoth?), Kil'jaeden, Sargeras and Azshara. Anyone relevant I'm forgetting?

I guess Gul'dan and Ner'zhul are coming back.

It sounds like the Infinite Dragon stuff got resolved in a book. :P

Outland could stand a redo at this point. (I'm surprised they're not doing one for WoD)

I suppose there's probably other continents on Alt-Draenor that they could explore.

I think Azeroth is pretty tapped out, unless they want to do more underwater crap.

Might it finally be time for Blizzard to show off a brand spanking new world? One with new enemies and allies never before seen in Warcraft?

Or maybe they'll just redo Eastern Kingdoms and have us go back in time to WarCraft II. :D

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    They could finally do something cool with Emerald Dream other than the occasional lame quest that only shows a very small area of it.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

• Options
    The Infinite Dragonflight story "ended" in the Dragon Soul related 5 mans I thought. It still hasn't technically "begun" though.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Speaking of Shaman Weapons imbues that are active forever, can Rogues get some of that unlimited duration action for their Poisons?

I know Poisons have come a long way in the convenience department, but still, the hour duration should go.

The shaman weapon imbues aren't always active. They have an hour long duration.

• Options
    yeah the infinite flight arc is basically done, although I guess they could always bring them back to mess with stuff

also I don't really get the gripe about shaman stuff? I mean I guess it's sort of pointless that imbues and shields still have to be applied manually, but clicking the button once per hour/life isn't so bad

NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.