As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Backup HD missing after Reformat

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
Here's the short situation --

My 256gb SSD crapped out on me. It was crashing every hour or so. I reformatted the drive, reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch, and also updated the firmware of the SSD, which ended up being the true solution. The reformat was unnecessary. However, it happened, so now I've got a clean drive.

After the reformat and reinstallation of Windows, however, my backup 500gb standard HD is missing in Windows. I have opened my BIOS and the drive is there. It says WD500 (Western Digital), so the motherboard and BIOS know it's plugged in. But Windows isn't seeing it.

Any suggestions on how to bring my secondary storage drive back online after this reformat?

• Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    What has likley happened is the drive hasnt yet been properly assigned or has somehow lost it's assignment. Try this.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That worked beautifully. Thank you.