As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Day 1 East pin-line meet up.

• scuddlesscuddles Registered User regular
    Just started collecting, I'll be at East, please add =)

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    So it looks like quite a few people are arriving afternoon\evening on Thursday 4/10. Maybe our pre-PAX gathering should be 9pm ish? Late enough that most should have arrived by then and early enough people can get to sleep early if they so desire. I still think doing a second one later on in the weekend would be great as well.

Also, I will be helping with setup all day and leading tours for new enforcers at 4pm and 8pm, so my suggestion is a bit selfish.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    That would interfere with the Pokecrawl, so I'd prefer it to be earlier... Regardless we could probably do a few meet ups each day, so whatever.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    So it looks like quite a few people are arriving afternoon\evening on Thursday 4/10. Maybe our pre-PAX gathering should be 9pm ish? Late enough that most should have arrived by then and early enough people can get to sleep early if they so desire. I still think doing a second one later on in the weekend would be great as well.

Also, I will be helping with setup all day and leading tours for new enforcers at 4pm and 8pm, so my suggestion is a bit selfish.

I would think the later the better. I know people will be coming in from out of town.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    My plan so far is to use a corner of the Thursday night tabletop section, starting early and finishing late. I'll likely have a copy of Tsuro out since it is quick and simple for new people, and a few others such as Pandemic for longer games.

The idea isn't to have something "Xpm to Ypm, attend the entire thing or you suck" but more "I'm going to be here, come along and say hi." I'll be at the entire thing, but that doesn't mean you have to be. I totally get that Jet Lag and other things are going to be happening, so this is more of a casual meet up. I'll be posting on the PinnyPal twitter account regularly to say where I am and where I'll be, so we can do impromptu flashmob Pin trades and give each other updates.

Forewarning: Friday and Saturday nights are likely to involve alcohol. For those underage or disinclined I will have a pre-bar meetup, but the late night one is bar-bound.

PedroAsani on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I guess we need a drunk Kemper picture to use for that meet up.

Yay booze!

• AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Forewarning: Friday and Saturday nights are likely to involve alcohol. For those underage or disinclined I will have a pre-bar meetup, but the late night one is bar-bound.

I literally cannot think of anything more awesome than a booze-infused pinny pals meetup.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Alas, I'll have to attend the pre-bar meetup, as I'm chaperoning my teenage brother. Another year, perhaps, I can join the Pinebriation.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
    Cowpuppy wrote: »
    Alas, I'll have to attend the pre-bar meetup, as I'm chaperoning my teenage brother. Another year, perhaps, I can join the Pinebriation.

I'm sure he'd be fine for a little while alone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, what hotels did everyone get for PAX? I have Thursday night at the Seaport and Friday/Saturday nights at the Westin Waterfront... and I'm insanely grateful I scored these this year (though I'm still hunting for a Thursday Westin)

I'm at the seaport all weekend. I will bring my full set of cah

My Pin collection
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ajaxon wrote: »
    I literally cannot think of anything more awesome than a booze-infused pinny pals meetup.

Fhv4cH1.png

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I didn't get into the Westin this year, I had a problem with the group system. I think we are staying at the Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport. I'm up for hanging out whenever.

Fhv4cH1.png

Hahaha yes, the night must end in this fashion or it will be considered a failure!

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular

Just think of the trade proposals.

SerpicoBC wrote: »

Just think of the trade proposals.

Reason #279 why my DLC pin will not making the trip :)

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I guess we need a drunk Kemper picture to use for that meet up.

Yay booze!

i will give you a core gabe and this jug of beer for your dlc

this could happen and it would be bad

foehammer on
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    I shall be there! This will be my first East and cant wait!

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
    Looks like our first Pinny Arcade trading session will be at 3PM on Sunday (assuming the schedule doesn't change).

YAY

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    3pm Sunday? What is this from? I don't see anything Pinny related then, although maybe it changed already. I see one 5pm Saturday.
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/autograph-session-penny-arcade-pin-trading

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    Who wants to have a meet up at 8am on Friday...waiting for the merch table to open to get the 10th anniversary Pin??

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    Who wants to have a meet up at 8am on Friday...waiting for the merch table to open to get the 10th anniversary Pin??
    I will be in line for the merch booth as soon as attendees are allowed into the building.

Hopefully the convention center staff is more organized this year. Last year they let a makeshift line form around the sidewalk area, then opened one door, then about ten minutes later opened up all the doors before the line that had formed barely moved. They should take notes from Enforcers.

edited March 2014
    I have to be their early for 2 days to make sure I get enough for myself and my pin pals

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
    edited March 2014
    Are any other pin pals staying at the Langham for PAX East?

Clix on
    I'm staying at the seaport. Does any one want to meet for a pinny pal breakfast Friday 7:30 am
    Depending on my schedule.
    I want to be in line by 8am

My Pin collection
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I'm staying at the seaport. Does any one want to meet for a pinny pal breakfast Friday 7:30 am
    Depending on my schedule.
    I want to be in line by 8am

I'll be staying at the Seaport only on Thursday night, so I might be able to, or you can hang with my friends and myself and get in line together (unless you have other people you're with).

Are there any breakfast places inside of the Seaport?

Ya seaport you can eat breakfast and they have a 7-11 and dunks across the street.
    I plan to wait in line early. I need to get those pins for my pin pals.
    The brain squirrels I tell you

My Pin collection
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Breakfast meet up sounds good. We could all crash the Merch booth together afterwards, full of pancakes.

Breakfast meet up sounds good. We could all crash the Merch booth together afterwards, full of pancakes.

I think we'll have to hit a place earlier than that if we want to hit the line, or just get something to go... I may need help nursing my Pokecrawl hangover though.

Oh, and did everyone see the Club PA email? They want to do a meetup on Saturday night near room 261 (which I assume is 2nd Floor...) so it may be another awesome trading opportunity.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular

"Pancakes".

It sounds like we're all b-lining it to the merch booth on Friday. Other then a pin lanyard, anybody considered any way of identifying yourself as a community pin pal?

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    how about a sticker of the kemper stamp on your badge

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I would definitely attend a breakfast meet-up.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    last year I just stopped at the dunkins down the street from the expo, the line is usually massive but I assume we'll all be getting there early so hopefully not too bad.

Updated OP.
    It will be a good idea to meet up around 7am. Get a nice Coffee and a bagel.
    Head out together so we can wait in line so we can get our Pax merch pins.

My Pin collection
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I would meet up with you guys...but my brain squirrels won't let me wait that long to get in line...

I'm planning on heading to wait in line at 5am....because the squirrels demand I do so. >.<

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    I would meet up with you guys...but my brain squirrels won't let me wait that long to get in line...

I'm planning on heading to wait in line at 5am....because the squirrels demand I do so. >.<

You'll probably be waiting outside if you do that. The BCEC staff didn't allow attendees into the building until just a couple hours before the expo hall opened. Granted, the merch booth started sales shortly before the expo hall opened, but that was likely because the PA staff was ready early. But if you get in line that early you'll just be standing in line to go stand in another line.

Imsorad wrote: »

You'll probably be waiting outside if you do that. The BCEC staff didn't allow attendees into the building until just a couple hours before the expo hall opened. Granted, the merch booth started sales shortly before the expo hall opened, but that was likely because the PA staff was ready early. But if you get in line that early you'll just be standing in line to go stand in another line.

Oh I know. I figured the 3 hr wait will be worth it once I get the Aniv. Pin. :P.

Plus I think I'll have a fellow collector waiting with me so it shouldn't be too bad. ^.^

I was thinking 6 but that will be to early.
    I will be town Wednesday night 500 a day pin will go fast.

My Pin collection
    darkinfero wrote: »

I was thinking 6 but that will be to early.
    I will be town Wednesday night 500 a day pin will go fast.

Totally didn't catch the meaning of that last sentence. haha.