As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I havent got all the details down yet

But punished salamander will be a a Hawkeye type recon dude

With a partially cybernetic salamander that he can send out for recon that he can see through

Or maybe its a newt and he is just too dumb to realize

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    there were 12 different universes in zamanfari, each very loosely based on one of the 12 Apostles. 8 of them reflected "virtues" that the given apostle was known for, and 4 of them represented "sins" that their apostles were known for. That big crazy fractal clock was a map of the multiverse, and every universe existed as a "clock" at the hour marks of a larger "clock"

Clock 1: Andrew/Bravery; Dinosaur World
    Clock 2: Peter/Denial; Orwell World
    Clock 3: James the... Lesser?/Martyrdoml; Cowboy World where people were offered as sacrifices to Time Vampires
    Clock 4: John/Love: Utopian Paradise
    Clock 5: Philip/Evangelism: Seinfeld World
    ifCUQ.gif
    Clock 6: Matthew/Avarice; Film Noire World
    Clock 7: James the... Greater?/Justice: Superhero World
    Clock 8: Bartholomew/Truth; the "true"/original timeline that you started in
    Clock 9: Jude/Hope: Terminator/Protomen World
    Clock 10: Thomas/Doubt: 12 Monkeys/Star Trek IV World
    Clock 11: Simon/Devotion: Groundhog Day World
    Clock 12: Judas/Betrayal: Mephistopholes' home universe

The "sin" clocks were positioned at the 12, 2, 6, and 10 positions. If you draw a line from 10 to 2 and another from 12 to 6, you get a crucifix. Destroying those universes, "purging the sin," was a crucial part of Wallweather's plan. The massive amounts of temporal radiation that would spill out from the four shattered realities would form into a crucifix, which would be the ritual needed for him to ascend to godhood. Conversely, the "virtue" clocks made up the points of an octogram, and destroying them would cause the radiation to flow in that pattern, completing a ritual that would sever all humanity clocks from the clock of god permanently.

Speed Racer on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (UAF/minigun +2) (Tough Bastard +2)

This rugged giant of a man was found wandering the wastes of Europe by a squad of American operatives. Armed with minigun and Uranus Ammunition Factory backpack he could not be divested of, the remaining operatives tried a desperation ploy and called for his surrender. This amused him greatly, and accompanied them back to Awesome America.

When registering for citizenship, he could give no family name and even expressed confusion as to it's purpose, so the officials gave him one. In the years since, still no-one has been successful in disarming him.

You can choose two +1 traits or one +2 trait, dawg.

IKknkhU.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Speed

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    posts in seinfeld world were going to be constantly broken up by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

that the characters would only be vaguely cognizant of

in any given room, one of the walls would seem to sort of flicker if you stared at it too long. breaking the plane of the wall would reveal that you were on a sound stage, performing in front of a live studio audience of time vampires

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    That

That makes Chase Kramer, doesn't it?

Dust should have its FIRST POST (which is actually like, its 50th post at this point)

TONIGHT

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I'm a bit tired so here's what I've got.

Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

A former Green Beret, from when Green Berets were still a Thing, Bashe is well-known for not making any noise when she moves around and being able to beat the everliving fuck out of anything and anyone. She learned all she knows from her famous mentor, with whom she developed her devastating CQB technique, and who has since disappeared under mysterious circumstances. She's still not over this. She has an obsession with guns that borders on the fetishistic, as well as a fascination for small, cramped spaces. Popular culture confuses and annoys her.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    oh my fucking god speed

i cannot breathe

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Yo Speed, can my dude's mind-bullets be completely silent, but "heard" telepathically? Like, microphones don't pic them up but the average joe is ducking for cover. It's a really stupid distinction that makes me laugh.

more like Booming Shrimp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkY_mSwboMQ

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2014
    in fact

Jian Levesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Master +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

wip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpW9RIy7Gus&feature=share&list=CLb_r_pcA16Z8&index=3

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Speed, I'm really impressed by all the thought that went into the worlds/clock system.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    (Explosions +2)

That's all I got so far. But it's a good start.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (UAF/minigun +2) (Tough Bastard +2)

This rugged giant of a man was found wandering the wastes of Europe by a squad of American operatives. Armed with minigun and Uranus Ammunition Factory backpack he could not be divested of, the remaining operatives tried a desperation ploy and called for his surrender. This amused him greatly, and accompanied them back to Awesome America.

When registering for citizenship, he could give no family name and even expressed confusion as to it's purpose, so the officials gave him one. In the years since, still no-one has been successful in disarming him.

You can choose two +1 traits or one +2 trait, dawg.

Herp Derp. Gimme a bit to wake up, I'll fix it

Knew there was something I messed up

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions +2)

File of Maximilian Fink, redacted bits removed for readability:

German survivor. Developed an unhealthy obsession with explosives in early age. This lead to him practically worshipping the great nation of America after they decided to nuke everything.
    Was a leading figur in the development of the E.T.T.B. program (Explosive Transportation Through Biomass) which strapped highly volatile substances on birds to root out enemy encampments. It became more commonly known as "Eventually This Toucan Blows".
    The name Dynamite Raven is thus to be taken almost literally.
    Has hands-on experience, gained during multiple missions in Eastern Europe, Western Europe and South Africa.

Once proposed plans to blow up the moon.
    Yeah, that's right.

Appreciates classical music and fine cuisine.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Best thing about these code names is when the game inevitabley shifts to Mega man X we'll be ready

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    When I read "E.T.T.B. program (Explosive Transportation Through Biomass)", my immediate thought was that this guy had developed safe-ish rocket jumping.

Imagine my disappointment.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

Fixed it, I think. Also, considering changing codename to Minigun Corgi.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    No, the rocket jump program would be B.T.T.E.

Makes sense.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Cedric Haul Solar Dog (Engineer +1) (Electromagnetism+1)

The world has become a digital trap. Virtual wars fought with artificial men using digital equipment. At any moment a solar flare could wipe it all away, and there is nothing humanity can do about it. Billions will die, dependent on the artificial lives we have given ourselves. The only survivors will be those living in the analogue, those of us who don't depend on our computers and internet and proxy wars. I realized this truth ten-thousand miles above the Earth, not dependent on the failing guidance computers or faulty gauges, but the expertise of Mission Control and an aluminum shell keeping me from the infinite void. The Nanomachines they gave me to survive the solar radiation failed, they did nothing until I returned to Earth. I had to protect myself not with digital code, or virtual calculations, but human engineering.

Raiden, look me right in the eyes! Like looking into the sun isn't it? The magnetic safeguard for space serves only to fry the crutches you stand on. Show me the human strength you still have!

I dunno if I actually want to play, these things are just fun to make

VRXwDW7.png
    edited February 2014
    working on an opening post for Machination

I have committed myself to the stupidest and most time consuming gimmick for this opening post

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2014

I have committed myself to the stupidest and most time consuming gimmick for this opening post

more gifs?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png

more gifs?

okay no fair enough not the most time consuming

this is gonna take an hour or two, not three months

Dux wrote: »

A former Green Beret, from when Green Berets were still a Thing, Bashe is well-known for not making any noise when she moves around and being able to beat the everliving fuck out of anything and anyone. She learned all she knows from her famous mentor, with whom she developed her devastating CQB technique, and who has since disappeared under mysterious circumstances. She's still not over this. She has an obsession with guns that borders on the fetishistic, as well as a fascination for small, cramped spaces. Popular culture confuses and annoys her.

close quarters... Ballistics? so like, Gun Kata?

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.

edited February 2014
    so i guess supersonic punches AND six eyes capable of seeing nonstandard wavelengths would fall under the nono category of two superpowers, right
    Dux wrote: »

close quarters... Ballistics? so like, Gun Kata?

from all the wikis I've read this morning this appears to be true

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Dan Bixel Recurve Salamander (Archer +1) (Recon+1)

All I have time for right now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited February 2014
    the real trick of the gloss thread is coming up with a great character before someone else comes up with someone similar and presumably, better

for a second there I thought that that had happened with Dux but then I read closer and saw CBQ and breathed a disproportionately huge sigh of relief for a pbp game on a webcomic forum

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Rocket jump dude is still something I'm now really tempted to play. Thanks Caulk.

Dan Bixel Recurve Salamander (Archer +1) (Recon+1)

All I have time for right now

Im tempted to name the cybernetic salamander he will have pizza salamander, just to make it even more blatant in what I will be ripping off

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    not blatant enough, because I have no clue what's being ripped off.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    like, ninja turtles is the best I got.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited February 2014
    Hawkeye

Its really hard to tell off of whats there but it would have been super clear soon as I finished my story

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    oh okay.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Rocket jump dude is still something I'm now really tempted to play. Thanks Caulk.

Screw it, rocket jump is go! I compensated for the loss of +2 by adding a exclamation mark after Explosions.
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1)(Non-newtonion +1)

File of Maximilian Fink, redacted bits removed for readability:

German survivor. Developed an unhealthy obsession with explosives in early age. This lead to him practically worshipping the great nation of America after they decided to nuke everything.
    Was a leading figur in the development of the E.T.T.B. program (Explosive Transportation Through Biomass) which strapped highly volatile substances on birds to root out enemy encampments. It became more commonly known as "Eventually This Toucan Blows".
    The name Dynamite Raven is thus to be taken almost literally.

Collaborated on the development of a non-newtonian biomedical multi layered skin implant which increases short term resistance to heat and redistributes the force of large impacts over the body.
    This means in laymans terms that the recipient of this implant would be resistant to explosions as well as falls from great hight. Bullets or punches, small impact, however still damage the recipient normally.
    The procedure was deemed to dangerous to be tried on humans.
    Fink did it to himself anyway. Who could've known that the guy with the explosion fixation didn't care about safety regulations.
    Yes, this means Fink replaced all of his skin with a high tech craft.
    No, we don't know how he did that.

The skin implant allows him something he dubbed the B.T.T.E. procedure. He sometimes also refers to it as "Raketensprung". This procedure is seen as highly dangerous and is only approved during high profile missions or under extreme circumstances.

Has hands-on experience, gained during multiple missions in Eastern Europe, Western Europe and South Africa.

Once proposed plans to blow up the moon.
    Yeah, that's right.

Appreciates classical music and fine cuisine.

cool guys don't just not look at explosions

they stand in the middle of them,

and yawn

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2014
    thank god my girlfriend is into metal gear otherwise I would have no idea what I am doing right now

meanwhile she is already drawing me fanart and explaining nanomachines and everything

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Cool people don't look at explosions

they fuck the explosions

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    But when you're in a metal gear,
    you can fuck the explosion
    and you can win

This discussion has been closed.