As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    art-005.jpg

Please no.

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Narian wrote: »
    Toad looks hilarious. Poor guy.

I hoped they changed up what he does. He was always a real big letdown.

Toad was ok if you had FANTASTIC timing.

No. He wasn't. Your opponent recovers first.

Well, I've used it before to my advantage. It's easily the worst counter in the game.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited September 2007
    I never even understood what it did, I just used it as a taunt.

Children on
    skate, halo 3
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    Oh my god guys i thought about the which other third party character could be in brawl thing and i thought then of that game from a very famous rpg series which was gamecube exclusive and was more or less a multiplayer game too and will maybe get a sequel for the wii soon?Think about about it guys a character from this game in smash bros wouldn`t that be awesome?

I think your talking about Tales of Symphonia, which was mentioned a couple pages back. Most people seemed to hate the idea, but I'd love to have a character from that (preferably Presea so we get an axe-user).

Yeah

I mentioned it

I suggested Lloyd Irving because his moves seemed perfect for Smash but everyone hated him

But yeah if there are any Namco characters in Brawl it'll be a Tales character, hands down

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Children wrote: »
    I never even understood what it did, I just used it as a taunt.

It defends against attacks and retaliates with a cloud of spores. Sadly, it's practically useless. I've basically only ever used it to be helpful when it's a surprise, because nobody ever expects you to use such a bad move.

Aydr on
    edited September 2007
    I guess that makes more sense than "hey toad look at that guy fly off the screen"

Children on
    skate, halo 3
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh come on i`m talking about Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Green Lantern on
    edited September 2007
    Crystal who?

Children on
    skate, halo 3
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't recall Tales of Symphonia being Gamecube exclusive.

Javen on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Crystal who?

That Fox lady from Star Fox? Please no.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    edited September 2007
    Oh come on i`m talking about Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

I knew what you were talking about. The chances of that happening though are slim at best.

Geno or Mallow would have a better shot.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    I don't recall Tales of Symphonia being Gamecube exclusive.

It was in the states wasn't it? And I don't know how you could think of FF:CC and think that it maybe had multiplayer, when that was the main appeal of the game.

Fishguy on
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So can someone remind me why we are hating on Crystal? I haven`t played SF Adventure and Command and i also didn`t really paid attention to her in Assault

Green Lantern on
    edited September 2007
    Why do people want all these low budget ass charicters in this game?

Children on
    skate, halo 3
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So can someone remind me why we are hating on Crystal? I haven`t played SF Adventure and Command and i also didn`t really paid attention to her in Assault
    300,000 pages of hentai made of her.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

You're low balling it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

You're low balling it.
    I always do.

Gorilla Salad on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Cave Story to be released on VC Nov 26th, Quote in Brawl.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited September 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Cave Story to be released on VC Nov 26th, Quote in Brawl.

Do you know how many people I would kill to make this so

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Yeah

I mentioned it

I suggested Lloyd Irving because his moves seemed perfect for Smash but everyone hated him

But yeah if there are any Namco characters in Brawl it'll be a Tales character, hands down

Not really. It'll be Pac-Man, no questions asked. Whether you like Pac-Man or not or think he would make a good smash bros. character, they would definitely put in a third party character everyone knows over a character few people know from a second-rate JRPG series.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • TigTig Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pac-Man is just about the least exciting 3rd-party character they could possibly include.

Just above "the little white ship from space invaders".

Tig on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tig wrote: »
    Pac-Man is just about the least exciting 3rd-party character they could possibly include.

Just above "the little white ship from space invaders".
    I thought that was a tank.... Or did you mean the invaders' command ship that flew across the top of the screen?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited September 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Yeah

I mentioned it

Not really. It'll be Pac-Man, no questions asked. Whether you like Pac-Man or not or think he would make a good smash bros. character, they would definitely put in a third party character everyone knows over a character few people know from a second-rate JRPG series.

Okay then

You come up with a set of moves for him

Aside from a Final Smash that involves him eating a Power Pellet and turning all the opponents into blue ghosts you can't

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wouldn't a baiten katos character be more appropriate than tales of symphonia?

Guek on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pacman should be an Assist Trophy where he just moves left/right chomping and doing damage.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cokomon wrote: »
    I hope they keep the radishes. I agree, I think if anything changes, it will be her forward B.

Maybe they don't have to change anything to add a move. If Mario does indeed have a Down-B on the ground (FLUDD) and in the air (the tornado) Peach could get a down-B in the air too since she can't pull radishes out in the air.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
    edited September 2007
    Narian wrote: »
    Pacman should be an Assist Trophy where he just moves left/right chomping and doing damage.

Now you're thinking

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I still say if you're going third party you need FooHero. :P

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope they keep the radishes. I agree, I think if anything changes, it will be her forward B.

Maybe they don't have to change anything to add a move. If Mario does indeed have a Down-B on the ground (FLUDD) and in the air (the tornado) Peach could get a down-B in the air too since she can't pull radishes out in the air.

Where do people get this idea? Mario's tornado is an A attack. What's unclear about Sakurai calling it a "normal attack" in the update?

Zek on
    edited September 2007
    Zek wrote: »

Where do people get this idea? Mario's tornado is an A attack. What's unclear about Sakurai calling it a "normal attack" in the update?

The Mario tornado attack? That's that was his down B right? I think it might be one of his air moves now. It looks like he was using it on Link in the second trailer they showed. The one where they showed Fox returning at the end.

MetaHybrid on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Why is everyone saying Pac-Man can't fit as a character?

box-l.jpg

He's got a full face and body, complete with arms, hands, legs and feet.
    He could punch, kick and bite like any other character does.

From the 3D Pac-Man games, we know he could jump and double jump. His up-B could be a spinning move kinda like Samus' screw attack. He could roll around like Jigglypuff, he could bounce down on the floor (think Pac-Man World 2). He could toss pellets if you want a ranged attack.

His Final Smash could be that every other opponent turns blue for a short period of time and he's bigger, MUCH faster, and deals much more damage while they're blue.

Really, it would totally work.

Djiem on
  • ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    See, now just how frightening and obscure would this be?:

foohero.png

And it's so cuuuute! <3

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Pac-Man could work, but I wouldn't give up a 3rd Party slot for him to be playable. I really don't care for him much.

MetaHybrid on
  • LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I dunno the fact that he didn't say so much as ask if it was. Plus I think Mario uses his down-a in the very first trailer right before Snake comes out of the cardboard box. I guess it doesn't really have to be a down-a attack. "Is it it a normal attack?!", doesn't sound too much like conformation either way.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pacman is just so objectional. He sucks as a character. He's ugly and irritating.

Great game, important game... but not a modern character.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Djiem wrote: »

ugly picture

From the 3D Pac-Man games, we know he could jump and double jump. His up-B could be a spinning move kinda like Samus' screw attack. He could roll around like Jigglypuff, he could bounce down on the floor (think Pac-Man World 2). He could toss pellets if you want a ranged attack.

His Final Smash could be that every other opponent turns blue for a short period of time and he's bigger, MUCH faster, and deals much more damage while they're blue.

Because he looks stupid. A 3 year old could draw a better character design than that.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I dunno the fact that he didn't say so much as ask if it was. Plus I think Mario uses his down-a in the very first trailer right before Snake comes out of the cardboard box. I guess it doesn't really have to be a down-a attack. "Is it it a normal attack?!", doesn't sound too much like conformation either way.

It's completely a confirmation. Sakurai is just being Sakurai. That's always what he does when he wants to throw in a tidbit of info at the end of an update. Like the "rumor" that you can save screenshots of stickers.

Zek on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rami wrote: »

ugly picture

Because he looks stupid. A 3 year old could draw a better character design than that.

Still better then your average androgynous spikey-haired teenage JRPG hero like some people want.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

ugly picture

Kirby doesn't look any better to me. And don't get me started on Yoshi...
    And eelektrik is so fucking right.

Djiem on
  • FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »

ugly picture

Still better then your average androgynous spikey-haired teenage JRPG hero like some people want.

I still don't see how you can say this when we already had Marth and Roy and now Ike who all fit that description. Although I don't want Lloyd to be in there either, we already have a much dude cooler dual-wielding swords.

Fishguy on