As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Want [chat] liberation?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I have just booked flights for iceland

oh hey also, if any of you guys are 3d env artists and want to move to europe, gimme a PM and I will give you sweet deets. Or if you know anyone who is and just want deets for them.

Ooh pick me. I am the worlds worst environmental artist and I don't know any software fluently but a title is just a title right?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    screw the art position, I wanna go to iceland.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Couldn't agree more Tynic... well, except the art position in england would be awesome as well.

@Kochickens take many many pictures, Iceland and New Zealand are my two bucket list places I want to go for photographic reasons. Speaking of which, did anyone else like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    iceland sounds cold

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I have just booked flights for iceland

oh hey also, if any of you guys are 3d env artists and want to move to europe, gimme a PM and I will give you sweet deets. Or if you know anyone who is and just want deets for them.

@‌ Kochikens
    GIVE ME A JOB.

I am probably completely unqualified though considering that I've been pigeonholed into drawing fucking cartoon animals over my last 3 jobs rather than having any opportunities that would keep me up to date on AAA environment/character art skills, and currently am scrambling to try to make myself look not incompetent at...anything. :/
    BUT IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME A JOB RIGHT NOW THAT'D BE COOL I'LL TRY NOT TO FUCK IT UP.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    screw the art position, I wanna go to iceland.

Fuckin so jazzed for iceland

Spendinf 10 days, going camping

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    beavotron wrote: »
    you bros chatting? i'd be down

the leap from [chat] to chatting is a great and disturbing chasm

I talked to you once on the old AC ventrilo
    and you spoke too damn fast in that charming accent of yours

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Have you guys seen this trailer yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avxHfJAUtCk

Mike and Jerry are in the film, it seems, along with a whole bunch of other traditional and online comic artists.

• Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    But does it have Tim Buckley

Seriously though, that looks like a must-see.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Jesus. Finally I can come back. It only took you losers like 6 months to make it to the next chat thread.

EDIT: Also I backed STRIPPED what seems like 14 years ago. I am excited to finally see it.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    http://www.safestyle-windows.co.uk/secret-door/

This thing is a lot of fun.

Today I looked around in the Tate, checked out a shed in Antartica, went to some weird shop in Shinjuku, a snowboard shop in France, on top of a huge bridge in Shikoku, a temple in India, an advertising agency, the white house, and I don't even know.

Fantastic reference material! I've been taking all kinds of screenshots.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Have you guys seen this trailer yet?

http://www.youtubm/watch?v=avxHfJAUtCk

Mike and Jerry are in the film, it seems, along with a whole bunch of other traditional and online comic artists.

that looks super interesting. i wonder how hard they are going to push the traditional vs young webcomic artists thing

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    OH GODS THIS ISN'T MY HOME.

WHERE AM I?

*runs off to the correct [chat]*

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    60 Minutes interviewed a guy who has made millions and millions of dollars by making art forgeries that are original works in the style of the claimed artist:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/art-forger-wolfgang-beltracchis-multimillion-dollar-scam/

Apparently some of his stuff has been featured in art history books, which is kind of hilarious and sad.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty cool, and pretty ingenious. He's obviously talented as fuck and pretty damn professional.
    I like his comment at the end,
    "Do you think you have done anything wrong?"
    "Yes, I used the wrong titanium white." Ice cold.

• Options
    Hmm...if I were a richy-rich and found out my painting was a forgery, I'd probably be pissed about it- but there might actually be some money in buying up the confirmed forgeries (which I would have to think could be bought at a steep discount, now), assembling them in a show and promoting them as 'works by the World's Greatest Forger". I mean, I'd go.

Get some good marketing behind it and there'd probably be a profit to be had in selling 'original Beltracchis'.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Seems like that's something that he'd want to happen to help build his name recognition and allow him to pay off all of the people suing him.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Oh man, the art on google today for John Steinbeck.

• Options
    Hmm...if I were a richy-rich and found out my painting was a forgery, I'd probably be pissed about it- but there might actually be some money in buying up the confirmed forgeries (which I would have to think could be bought at a steep discount, now), assembling them in a show and promoting them as 'works by the World's Greatest Forger". I mean, I'd go.

Get some good marketing behind it and there'd probably be a profit to be had in selling 'original Beltracchis'.

and then years from now someone starts forging Beltracchis

• Options
    forget john steinbeck, today is my birfday because february is the best month

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Tam wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »
    you bros chatting? i'd be down

the leap from [chat] to chatting is a great and disturbing chasm

I talked to you once on the old AC ventrilo
    and you spoke too damn fast in that charming accent of yours

im just saying im available for functions and childrens parties ok

i havent drawn anything in a million years tho so i am feel a large gilt...

re: beltracchi

given his obvious artistic talent it will be interesting what he chooses to produce in his own style, if you will

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    reading the section on daily compositions. "It will be helpful if you keep this up for a year, it will be doubly helpful if you keep this up for two years. The really serious student will make a daily composition every day for the rest of his life despite everything else he has to do."

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Doodling in class remains my strongest place of practice. Today, in the midst of a lecture on entity relationship structures in database modelling, I drew a thumb. The thumbiest damn thumb ever. You could walk into that room, glance my way, and be like "Damn, that's some thumb".

Naturally, I tried to draw the rest of the hand to go with it and screwed up on the first line. But still, practice!

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    LukeDangerouslyLukeDangerously Registered User regular
    Online classes are the bane of my existence. How can I be expected to do database work when there's a whole world of useless information in the same magic box? It's an outrage, I tell you.

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    60 Minutes interviewed a guy who has made millions and millions of dollars by making art forgeries that are original works in the style of the claimed artist:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/art-forger-wolfgang-beltracchis-multimillion-dollar-scam/

Apparently some of his stuff has been featured in art history books, which is kind of hilarious and sad.

Oh god 60 Minutes is so aggravating to watch, so pedantic and patronizing. Cool segment, but jesus christ.

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Online classes are the bane of my existence. How can I be expected to do database work when there's a whole world of useless information in the same magic box? It's an outrage, I tell you.

SELECT reddit
    FROM internet
    WHERE cat = "aww";

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    So who's going to PAX East?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Helleu doods. Just launched a webcomic, as might be evident from the fancy signature I now have. Unfortunately most of you will have already read the page I put up, so you'll have to wait till Monday for new content.
    I still have a few minor details I need to fix on the page, such as the unclickable header and the not-so-seamless background, but otherwise it's pretty damn done.

edit: and any advise on which day of the week to update would be appreciated. Right now I've just set it to Monday afternoons because that's when tumblr traffic peaks. Not sure if that's necessarily a good parameter for choosing a date though.

m3nace on
  • Options
    Monday makes sense. All the office jockeys are still a bit lazy from the weekend and piddle around on the internet more than usual, partly in the belief that they need to "catch up" with all the internet stuff that might have happened over the weekend.

• Options
    Yeah, I've noticed this place is usually completely barren on Sundays.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Stupid mobile app, I was in the wrong damn forum. Sorry. Carry on.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    forget john steinbeck, today is my birfday because february is the best month
    Hey, belated happy birthday!

I am! Well, maybe. I nabbed the tickets when they opened up sales but I'm not 100% that I'll be able to afford the actual trip out when it comes time. :(

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    I am! Well, maybe. I nabbed the tickets when they opened up sales but I'm not 100% that I'll be able to afford the actual trip out when it comes time. :(

Ack! :( Hope you can. There's usually at least a small handful of PA'ers there, and it would be lotsa fun to arrange a Hangout in Real Life!

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    My dad has been recovering at home after a major abdominal surgery. On a lark I took a peek at the tray of "natural remedies" he is using to augment his real medicine and caught a glimpse of some homeopathic stuff.

I briefly saw "200 c" on one of the vials before my eyes rolled back in my head, steam shot out of my ears, and I was forcefully repelled from the room while reciting backwards Latin.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Homepathic 'medicine' is such complete nonsense.

A guy my age at work started espousing how good the topical pain cream he was using for after work outs

Took a look at it.... It was a homepathic cream.

Wat.

Not only homepathic... but also breaking the 'logic' of its own brand of kookery...

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wat indeed. Maybe some day you could start up a homeopathic ice cream stand, serving just regular ice. Placebo will take care of the rest I'm sure.
    There's also this french girl in my class who is very adamant in believing in "fire cutting." So I looked it up and it's a homeopathic treatment of burn wounds only found in Switzerland and Northern France. It includes people phoning burn victims just after they've been burnt and reciting bullshit rhymes et voila, no burn scars.
    She also believes in dowsing...

m3nace on
  • Options
    Homepathic 'medicine' is such complete nonsense.

A guy my age at work started espousing how good the topical pain cream he was using for after work outs

Took a look at it.... It was a homepathic cream.

Wat.

Not only homepathic... but also breaking the 'logic' of its own brand of kookery...

you can get homeopathic pills that are literally sugar with one drop of homeopathic solution dripped on them

the sugar remembers what the water remembers ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've been waiting so long for this auto complete @ feature on the forum, I can finally stop having to remember how you fucks spell your names. Looking at you @Prospicience‌.

This discussion has been closed.