As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New mobile style

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Text size in threads and the lack of the boxes is amazing. Looks so good! Also top page nav! Just needs a "jump to page"option.

I would love to see the jump to top button return as an extra button on the top bar.

I'll have to see how the pager is being done. That's one area where some of you guys' Homer Car requests might have to be vetoed. I'll look.

now I have delicious gourmet coffee on my monitor

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    There's probably no sane way to handle it, but gonna echo the folks regarding iPhone landscape browser

Also it's doing some weird image compression that makes stuff like like hot doo doo butter™

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'm getting pretty bad latencies since yesterday. Often >15 seconds to load My Bookmarks, and >5 seconds for a thread

iPhone 4S and chrome

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Xaviar wrote: »
    I liked the look of the margins/boxes better

I'll fucking cut you.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mobile site seems to have started working in Dolphin HD now (previously couldn't scroll)

I do get a strange floaty grey box covering the left half of the screen while doing so, but it vanishes when you stop scrolling. Bit odd though.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Icy, you must be some kind of magician. The tap-and-hold bug with the current tab loading selected links is gone.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I can take pretty much no credit for these fixes.
    The wizard behind this particular curtain is https://github.com/kasperisager

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Ah, the illusion is dismantled. The truth is so much less fanciful...

If I may add my voice to the choir, will there be a change in text colours for the page nav buttons?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Per-comment margins are gone.

This is looking really great. Thanks Icy <3

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    It's almost like magic. We say stuff and it happens. My commute is improved immeasurably, as is waiting in places, as are cigarette breaks. That's a quality of life improvement of 30%.

Also scrolling seems smoother. This may be my imagination.

So, uh, while you're back there, could you throw in an option to choose how many posts get displayed per page?

Totally niche case, but I travel on the subway an hour each way to work, so if I can load up say 200 posts on the one page and not have to wait an hour for internet signal to continue reading, I can continue to absorb PA as I travel. And not play some god awful iOS games. Yeah we have newspapers but I get up early to read the news on my fave sites.

I still dream for an app that downloads every new post on the forum to my phone automatically, 3G or not, so I can read them when I'm underground.

Also, can this thing do handjobs or what?

Please don't hurt me icy

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Just adding my voice to the youtube thing. On an iPhone 5.

Embedded youtubes, when clicked, shrink down to a single line height view only allowing me to click the name, which opens a new window for the video, eliminating the point of embedding in the first place.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Also, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to bring up the task bars. I scroll up and down, and eventually they appear. Is there something contextual I need to to, or do they just pop up after a period of inactivity?

• Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So, uh, while you're back there, could you throw in an option to choose how many posts get displayed per page?

will never happen

• Options
    Also, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to bring up the task bars. I scroll up and down, and eventually they appear. Is there something contextual I need to to, or do they just pop up after a period of inactivity?

Same logic as the Safari context bars. Scrolling down the page hides them. Scrolling up a little (and pausing) brings them back. Scrolling to the top or bottom also brings them back.

• Options

will never happen

I'm having a sad but I'll live

• Options
    Kind of worried about getting banned from this thread now...

It would be good to have more space for thread titles in the sub forum lists. If you head to Debate and Discourse, those wordy fucks write such long thread titles it's often not possible to discern what a thread is about because of the truncation.

I promise not to post here for a couple days now. Quiet time for Spaffy. Icy needs to be fed and watered.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Wow, I'm loving the mobile site now. Thanks for all of the quick updates!

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    1 can the new post notification for a thread you've viewed be colored so it's really identifiable?
    2 is the back arrow on the top toolbar the only way we'll ever be able to navigate between sub forums? It's very slow to work with.
    3 can we have more info on the page count bar at the bottom? It's nice to know I'm on page 5, but I can't tell if there's a page 6 unless I attempt to go to it.
    4 maybe it's a bug, but the chain quotes aren't compressing for me on chrome for android. One chain quote post can take up 1/2 the entire page.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    On my android, the toolbar buttons don't work at all and if I try to type the android keypad covers up the text box and the screen won't scroll anymore so it's impossible to see what I'm typing.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Per-comment margins are gone.

That was my one remaining niggle with the mobile version. <3 Icy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I'm ecstatic to see the quick reply formatting options working! <3

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    tugga wrote: »
    tugga wrote: »
    I can tap the menu that pops out of the left side of the screen when I'm in a thread. Its acting as if its invisible, but the links still work, meaning I'll be randomly redirected to my profile or notifications or recent posts. That menu isnt even available while reading a thread; the button is replaced by the back button.

Also the reaction avatars are a bit on the huge side

edit: it seems I can touch them anywhere, but links that are supposed to be on the page, like links to forums or someones profile page are working as intended. Its as if the menu is behind everything.

Windows Phone 8.0
    Internet Explorer

this seems to have been fixed :D

After today, I noticed this was only fixed while I was in a thread. If I'm looking at a forum, or the top page, the sidebar is still touchable without being visible.

As in, I can accidentally touch a shortcut that is on the gray sidebar on the left, without having said sidebar open.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Thanks again for tweaking things so speedily! We appreciate it greatly!

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    The black bar at the bottom likes to get in the way of me scrolling when I use Opera classic. Plus I can't access my bookmarks.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That's strange I'm having no issues with opera like that. It doesn't get in my way and I can see my bookmarks. Are you on android or ios?

• Options

will never happen

I'm having a sad but I'll live

There are some technical reasons, and some philosophical ones. The technical ones are enough on their own, so we'll stick with that :p

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote:
    That's strange I'm having no issues with opera like that. It doesn't get in my way and I can see my bookmarks. Are you on android or ios?

I'm on android. I deleted cookies, cache, etc. Didn't help.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Good work fixing it, now its pretty decent again. Old look was still better, but this will do.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    The page numbers are very difficult to read on chrome, light blue with a white background, same with the "search thread" box. I was going to complain about the huge don't but either I got used to it or you guys changed it since last I looked, seems fine now.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Black bar is too cluttery, text is still too big, and scrolling is kind of slow.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I've noticed that often when I'm typing comments, even though the bottom bar will be hidden the buttons will apparently still function and I'll accidentally click them.

Also image insertion still doesn't seem to work.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The top bar seems unecessary, but it doesn't really affect me, so no complaints :)

Also, the response for all the pages seems wayyyyy faster from where it was most of yesterday. If there was something you changed to make that happen, thanks! It worked fantastically, it is such a smoother experience now.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Also, can we get something to say when we got a new message in our inbox? Currently there is nothing.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Does anyone use/need thread view numbers? I'm genuinely curious

• Options
    I find them interesting, but I don't use them at all

Steam profile
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Does anyone use/need thread view numbers? I'm genuinely curious

Page numbers? I do

Since the switch to vanilla the thing to go to the most recent new post takes you to the first post made since you last viewed the thread, as opposed to the most recent unread post. So If you're reading a long on topic thread in chunks you need to keep track of the page number you're up to (I keep them in evernote)

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I dont know if its related to the mobile update, but clicking on a spoiler inside of a spoiler closes the spoilers instead of opening the spoilered spoiler. Started happening after the roll out.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Im getting the issue where when i click on a thread with new posts and i try to scroll down it zaps me back up again to where i started. Safari

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    At least on iPhone 5, there's no in UI indication of having received a PM or batsignal.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    At least on iPhone 5, there's no in UI indication of having received a PM or batsignal.

Unless you physically check the black bar menus.

I guess I'm missing the little red boxed number.

jnij103vqi2i.png