As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pal Community Thread 2.0 - Please read the first post :)

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately this seems to be the surest way to get the dlc pin now. PA weren't kidding when they say limited prints, so unless you got it through the kickstarter, ebay purchase from someone quitting collecting is your best bet, highly unlikely anyone will trade it unless they somehow have more than one...

on ebay selling, for this pin in particular, because of the rarity, its hard to accuse of scalping, much different to the floods after a pax

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I think the DLC will continue to go down in price. These things go in predictable cycles, and we control the price.

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    I think the DLC will continue to go down in price. These thing go in predictable cycles, and we control the price.
    I see that they are going for about 1k not 4 or 5 like it was before.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    Yeah everyone of them has sold for less. I bet the next one sold in 8 days breaks the 1K streak.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I feel like the price is only going to jump as more people come into the community. People WILL want them if they truly desire a complete set.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is there anyone out there with a complete collection of Disney pins?

edited March 2014
    It just seems too unlikely to imagine someone with a complete disney pin set...Unless this person started from the beginning, goes to disneyland A LOT, and or is LOADED with expendable income

totally respect and would be jealous of this person if he/she exists, though

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Short of either being a big shot at Disney or working in the park for nearly all of your life, I highly doubt an entire complete set exists. From what I hear, they made some pretty rare ones.

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    There are official Disney pins with print runs in the tens.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
    Yep. So unless you are on the board of Disney, I doubt you got em all.

I like to believe a full set exists buried with Walt Disney. Every time a new pin comes out, someone adds it to the pile.....

It's completely plausable....right?

8fuuo_RK.png
    Hey, he needs SOMETHING to wake up to when they un-freeze him...right..?

• KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Restarting the Community thread before every PAX isn't the worst idea ever. People might be put off by 50 odd pages, so a fresh start is a Good Thing.

On that note, the FAQ has been sent out. I shall update when I have answers back. I think with Mike being in Spokane this weekend it might be a day or two.

So... this was over a week ago and still no answer? Usually Mike is much more prompt than that. I know he might just be super-busy but my inner conspinacy theorist hopes there's some big pin news (East? Automata?) coming out soon that he wanted to announce on the site first.

I can dream, can't I?

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
    When exactly is the games day at the store Mike was hosting? I know Pedro was going to grill him with a million questions on that day

8fuuo_RK.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Kamelon wrote: »
    Restarting the Community thread before every PAX isn't the worst idea ever. People might be put off by 50 odd pages, so a fresh start is a Good Thing.

On that note, the FAQ has been sent out. I shall update when I have answers back. I think with Mike being in Spokane this weekend it might be a day or two.

So... this was over a week ago and still no answer? Usually Mike is much more prompt than that. I know he might just be super-busy but my inner conspinacy theorist hopes there's some big pin news (East? Automata?) coming out soon that he wanted to announce on the site first.

I can dream, can't I?

I sent a copy to Jamie, she is working with Mike, Brian et al. to get them answered. More of the questions are in depth about the processes, and so will take longer to come back.

Ayefkay wrote: »
    When exactly is the games day at the store Mike was hosting? I know Pedro was going to grill him with a million questions on that day

Its the 15th. Pedro just has to do double grills now. FAQ normally and then follow Mike around at Snapdoodle with a livefeed to us asking questions.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

Simply, a bunch of people turn up and play games. There is some trading, some talking and usually some cookies. I will endeavour to do a proper Pinquisition, although I try and be mindful that a lot (a lot) of people are vying for Mike's time, and I felt bad trying to ask a whole ream of questions when there was a queue of people waiting to say thanks and ask their own stuff. Maybe this time I can get a few minutes at the end.

I sent a copy to Jamie, she is working with Mike, Brian et al. to get them answered. More of the questions are in depth about the processes, and so will take longer to come back.

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks Pedro. I knew they'd be hard at work.
    I didn't realise the questions were so in depth. It'll be exciting to hear back :D

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    PAX East Pins!

New Pins

I like the hot dog fairy being included and the American Revolution style Kemper.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
    Wow, so good! Must have hotdog fairy. Pax salute is awesome too.

• cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    Wow, so good! Must have hotdog fairy. Pax salute is awesome too.

The inclusion of the PAX salute guy is a bit weird in my mind. I thought he was specific to Prime as that was a response to the PAX Pox outbreak.

Either way they all look good.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    cabbie98 wrote: »
    The inclusion of the PAX salute guy is a bit weird in my mind. I thought he was specific to Prime as that was a response to the PAX Pox outbreak.

I always viewed it as a move towards a universal PAX gesture, to prevent future outbreaks.

What a cool group of pins, and I'm glad to see them breaking away from having a Gabe and Tycho pin included in each PAX set. Can't wait to nag a PAX East buddy to pick these up for me!

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Love that Kemper

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    The first pax to introduce the iron guard salute was actually PAX East 2010. That was the first pax after the megapox.

Comic for 2010-03-06:
    817651922_mUmYz-L.jpg

zerzhul on
    Hot Dog Fairy!! Clearly the best pin, and my new favorite.

My train of thought is the same as Vid's. I always thought the salute was just to be used forever and always at PAX, but it originated because of something that happened at Prime.

Well my fear that the East Logo pin would be a retread came true. I don't know what they should do. I wonder if the other PAXs will just have a number change? Other than that the rest look great. This is the best Kemper pin yet IMO.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    The PAX Logo doesn't change quickly, but it has changed a bit over the years. I would guess the Pin will reflect whatever the log is, since it is the "Logo" pin. Question is, will the logo change more often.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    The PAX AUS year pin wasn't the logo. Right?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    The PAX AUS year pin wasn't the logo. Right?

It has the logo within the Australia continent.

Also, what comic is hot dog fairy from? I thought it was a reference to the hot dog machines at the convention center but I'm really not sure.

I love the logos, but if they're essentially the same every year they're going to get boring and fast.

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    HOT DOG FAIRY!!!!!!!!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
    Also, what comic is hot dog fairy from? I thought it was a reference to the hot dog machines at the convention center but I'm really not sure.

My understanding from talking to Mike at PAX Aus is that in one of the Make-A-Strips an audience member asked them to add a hotdog fairy and it went down so well that it's been a staple ever since, often reappering in Make-A-Strip comics. Does that sound right to people?

What I like about this set is the PAX references with the hotdog fairy and iron guard salute. I know a drop bear pin is slated for PAX Aus 2014 (and is from the Make-A-Strip at PAX Aus 2013) so I hope this year's trend is PAX sets with PAX references.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    This set may get my non-collector fiancée to buy a pin set this year. She thinks the Kemper pin is, and I quote, "SO cute." I have to agree.

I was confused by the salute pin at first, as I didn't know the history, but now that I know, it's actually kind of cool. I've only been to PAX once, and that was just one day last year, but I love how it has its own mini-culture. It's nice to see that celebrated in the pins.

I hope the logo gets changed up somehow in coming years. Honestly, given the dearth of East '13 sets and the rarity of last year's East logo in particular, this is going to make it kind of annoying for people hunting for '13 logo trades at conventions. Because they look so similar, it's going to be hard to pick out a '13 logo on a lanyard.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Gojira_DudeGojira_Dude Dark Lord of the Kaiju TN, USARegistered User regular
    Greetings. This is my first post and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm not really sure what to say, so ask me (almost) anything. I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

A little about myself; huge Geek, owns a computer repair shop, and have really gotten into collecting these little colorful pins for some odd reason.

GOJIRA DUDE: ALL YOUR PINS ARE BELONG TO US.

Trade Me!!!- http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=gojira_dude
  • Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Welcome!

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    Salutations Gojira_Dude, and Hello Everybody Else,
    I'm also new and wanted to say hi. I'll be at PAX East on Sunday and even though I can only make it that one day, I'm super psyched. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there!
    About me: I'm a Pediatrics resident, so if you supply the ill child and an otoscope, I'll gladly look in their ears! :smiley:

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Personally a fan of the yearly logo pins, I don't think they need to change. It might seem lame-ish now but when you have a lot of them in a row, it becomes a pretty cool thing to display.

This will be a super unpopular opinion haha (and it would negatively effect me!) but I would take it as far as removing it from the core set and tying it to actually attending that PAX, like you have to show your ticket and you only get one...now remember I prefixed it with super unpopular :smile:

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
    Welcome Gojira_Dude and DarthMonachus!

You'll have a great time with the pins at East. DarthMonachus, if you're keen to get this set and only there on Sunday it seems to be the consensus that hitting up the merch booth sooner than later is a good idea. Core sets may sell out.

After East it'll be good to hear about your experiences as new pin pals :)

Anyway, welcome again. The Pin Pal community is one of the friendliest around. We don't bite (but the brain squirrels might).

• Gojira_DudeGojira_Dude Dark Lord of the Kaiju TN, USARegistered User regular
    I was really hoping to make it to PAX East but I won't be able to this year. I am planning on making it to Prime, though. I may have to employ a mule to collect East goodies.

This is the first year that I can actually afford to make it to either. I'm really looking forward to it.

GOJIRA DUDE: ALL YOUR PINS ARE BELONG TO US.

Trade Me!!!- http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=gojira_dude
  • DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the welcome and sage advice, Kamelon!

My understanding from talking to Mike at PAX Aus is that in one of the Make-A-Strips an audience member asked them to add a hotdog fairy and it went down so well that it's been a staple ever since, often reappering in Make-A-Strip comics. Does that sound right to people?

What I like about this set is the PAX references with the hotdog fairy and iron guard salute. I know a drop bear pin is slated for PAX Aus 2014 (and is from the Make-A-Strip at PAX Aus 2013) so I hope this year's trend is PAX sets with PAX references.

The hotdog fairy has been in the Make-A-Strip for a while, I am going to have to comb the archive and find the first appearance.

This discussion has been closed.