As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    He's more original than them, yeah.

Better? No.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying Pac-Man can't fit as a character?

awesome picture

He's got a full face and body, complete with arms, hands, legs and feet.
    He could punch, kick and bite like any other character does.

From the 3D Pac-Man games, we know he could jump and double jump. His up-B could be a spinning move kinda like Samus' screw attack. He could roll around like Jigglypuff, he could bounce down on the floor (think Pac-Man World 2). He could toss pellets if you want a ranged attack.

His Final Smash could be that every other opponent turns blue for a short period of time and he's bigger, MUCH faster, and deals much more damage while they're blue.

Really, it would totally work.

Because he looks stupid. A 3 year old could draw a better character design than that.

Still better then your average androgynous spikey-haired teenage JRPG hero like some people want.

I still don't see how you can say this when we already had Marth and Roy and now Ike who all fit that description. Although I don't want Lloyd to be in there either, we already have a much dude cooler dual-wielding swords.

Why can't he say it? The fact that they're in SSBM doesn't make his statement any less true. I'd much rather have Pac-Man in than a second Fire Emblem character.

Of course, my preference would be that NOTHING non-Nintendo be included in SSB, but if there are three 3rd party slots as I've heard everywhere, and one of them is Snake, I'd like the two other being Sonic and Pac-Man.

Flippy_D wrote: »
    He's more original than them, yeah.
    Better? Again, yeah.

Fixed.

Djiem on
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus Christ what have I started :(

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • mr weenismr weenis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    im rooting sonic and megaman...although id mch rather see megaman than sonic if it came down to it

mr weenis on
    Nickle wrote: »
    972 dicks is a lot of dicks. :(
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I will side with the "oh god, he looks terrible when he's not a 2D shape" people.

Elendil on
    edited September 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I will side with the "oh god, he looks terrible when he's not a 2D shape" people.

I'll only agree to the extent that his actual expression on the boxart is retarded. But if he looked angry or at least grinning, he's awesome.

Djiem on
  • RaNcIdPsYcHoJoShRaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

From the 3D Pac-Man games, we know he could jump and double jump.

Therein lies the problem. His 3D design feels so contrived and doesn't work or feel anything like his classic design, which he's the most famous for. He shouldn't have anything but a wokka-wokka chomp attack, and adding arms and legs and eyes to him just sort of ruined him for everybody.

It would be nice if he was still a face but had no arms or legs, and he still moved around by "hovering". That'd be hilarious and awesome.
    Kirby doesn't look any better to me. And don't get me started on Yoshi...

The thing is, Kirby's always been Kirby, and so has Yoshi. Their designs have been roughly the same for more than a decade now... and plus, how could anyone hate Kirby, he's so cuddly.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
    edited September 2007
    Well, take the NES SMB Mario. He doesn't look anything like the new Mario. Sure, they're more similar than 2D Pac-Man and 3D Pac-Man, but then again, Pac-Man was made way earlier.

cabfinish.jpg422d3781b9b47GBAPacManNesClassicSml.jpgpac-man-atari-2600.jpg

That arcade Pac-Man may not look like the 3D Pac-Man but the idea is that Pac-Man was more than a simple 3/4 of a yellow pie even at creation. They just didn't have the technology back then.

You may not like him as a brawler, but you can't say he's BAD or CANNOT WORK. He can work as I've explained, and there are people who like him and want him in. I know I want him to be one of the remaining 3rd party chars.

Also, I find the Pac-Man in the middle pic to have much more personality and style than the one on Pac-Man Worlds 2.

Djiem on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You can -try- to hate Kirby, but it's impossible. You either end up loving him or a bus hits you, which one do you prefer?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited September 2007
    You can -try- to hate Kirby, but it's impossible. You either end up loving him or a bus hits you, which one do you prefer?

When did I say I hated Kirby?

Djiem on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

ugly picture

From the 3D Pac-Man games, we know he could jump and double jump. His up-B could be a spinning move kinda like Samus' screw attack. He could roll around like Jigglypuff, he could bounce down on the floor (think Pac-Man World 2). He could toss pellets if you want a ranged attack.

His Final Smash could be that every other opponent turns blue for a short period of time and he's bigger, MUCH faster, and deals much more damage while they're blue.

Because he looks stupid. A 3 year old could draw a better character design than that.

Still better then your average androgynous spikey-haired teenage JRPG hero like some people want.

I still don't see how you can say this when we already had Marth and Roy and now Ike who all fit that description. Although I don't want Lloyd to be in there either, we already have a much dude cooler dual-wielding swords.

Fire Emblem already gives the demographic that wants those characters options, and I don't complain because they are Nintendo owned and have the right to be in there. Third party characters should be much more iconic. Pac-Man wouldn't be my first choice anyways but he is definitely iconic and has a better shot of getting in then anything from the Tales series. I'd think even Nightmare or Dig-Dug would have a better shot as far as Namco characters goes.

Personally I'd rather see Mega Man, Bomberman, or Bub and Bob myself. Sonic is an obvious choice but I wouldn't be as excited to see him as I would with the aforementioned.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • TigTig Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    cute:
    kirbyix7.jpg

fugly:
    pacmanel0.jpg

Pac-man could work as a character, but I don't want him in for the above reason

Tig on
    edited September 2007
    Silly me, I forgot there is no such thing as an "opinion" on the net.

Djiem on
  • FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

ugly picture

Fire Emblem already gives the demographic that wants those characters options, and I don't complain because they are Nintendo owned and have the right to be in there. Third party characters should be much more iconic. Pac-Man wouldn't be my first choice anyways but he is definitely iconic and has a better shot of getting in then anything from the Tales series. I'd think even Nightmare or Dig-Dug would have a better shot as far as Namco characters goes.

Personally I'd rather see Mega Man, Bomberman, or Bub and Bob myself. Sonic is an obvious choice but I wouldn't be as excited to see him as I would with the aforementioned.

I can see where your coming from with that now. What about Harvest Moon guy? Only problem I see with him being in it is his specials would be too similair to an Animal Crossing character, assuming there is one.

Fishguy on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What would Pacman do? Eat you? Then just punch?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
    edited September 2007
    The remaining third party characters are Sonic and Megaman okay.

There could be more, though, who's to say that "1 or 2" will be the final number? It could be none, or it could be 25, and Sakurai just said that to trick us and get our expectations low...? Nintendo can be dubious like that :(

Also, I reworked the CV logo.

castlev2lr0.png

I'm feeling creative, anyone want me to draw more logos?

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know what would be cool?
    8, 16, and 32 bit modes, and Cell shaded. Every character goes into those graphic styles.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007
    8, 16, and 32 bit modes, and Cell shaded. Every character goes into those graphic styles.

This man needs to be Sakurai's assistant.

Djiem on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's just it, friend. Nobody hates Kirby. Kirby brings us all together.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited September 2007

This man needs to be Sakurai's assistant.
    Seriously. I wish I knew Sakurai.

Gorilla Salad on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Aren't you one of those guys against having Ridley in the game?

And now you want Pac-Man?

Stop the world, I want off.

Godfather on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's just it, friend. Nobody hates Kirby. Kirby brings us all together.

fuck kirby

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I was kind of hoping for levels that did the 8/16 bit thing - like how flat zone made everyone.. flat.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited September 2007
    Godfather wrote: »

Aren't you one of those guys against having Ridley in the game?

And now you want Pac-Man?

Stop the world, I want off.

Yeah, I want Pac-Man in and I don't want Ridley in. Thanks for proving my quote right. I guess you can't differ from the hive mind.

Djiem on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's the point of the hive mind.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Narian wrote: »

I know! I don't know why all these people want Captain Falcon in the game. What would he do? Drive at you?

Joon on
    bartsig.png
    edited September 2007
    Joon wrote: »

I know! I don't know why all these people want Captain Falcon in the game. What would he do? Drive at you?

Worst comparison ever

At least Captain Falcon has been known to do some bounty hunting on the side

Pac-Man eats dots and the occasional ghost, and has always eaten dots and the occasional ghost, and is always going to be devoted to the cause of eating dots and the occasional ghost, and has never claimed to do anything but eat those fucking dots and the occasional goddamned ghost

"yeah but we never see Falcon actually doing any bounty hu--"SHUT UP

It has been mentioned so there is a basis for at least, which is more than what can be said for Pac-Man

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    May I create the next thread due to me finally being unjailed? :3

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When are they going to announced Lucas into this game?

Seriously Sakurai...seriously.

Even though I'm a massive Earthbound fan, I would rather have Lucas in than Ness. Maybe then NoA will get their stuff together and bring Mother 3 over here.

One can only hope.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Or how about ANY other playable Earthbound character?

Mr.Saturn the wandering item does not count.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »

Worst comparison ever

Pac-Man eats dots and the occasional ghost, and has always eaten dots and the occasional ghost, and is always going to be devoted to the cause of eating dots and the occasional ghost, and has never claimed to do anything but eat those fucking dots and the occasional goddamned ghost

It has been mentioned so there is a basis for at least, which is more than what can be said for Pac-Man
    You forgot fruit :O

AggroChan on
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I want Pac-Man in and I don't want Ridley in.

Ridley would be nothing short of fucking awesome in Brawl and if you deny that, then you are a complete nutcase.

Also, LOGOS LOGOS LOGOS YAY

mcbrawllogocl5.pnggordbrawllogogy6.pngsmbrawllogoaa3.png

Aw shit I made his head too big.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
    edited September 2007
    AggroChan wrote: »
    Will you update the thread in a timely manner?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

Worst comparison ever

Wasn't that in Ms. Pac-Man

It has been forever and I'm not entirely sure

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gordon Freeman:

Up B: Gravity Gun
    Forward B: Gravity Gun
    Neutral B: Gravity Gun
    Down B: Gravity Gun

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Worst comparison ever

And pretzels. ...Also keys for some reason.

Aydr on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shabutie wrote: »
    Gordon Freeman:

Up B: Gravity Gun
    Forward B: Gravity Gun
    Neutral B: Gravity Gun
    Down B: Gravity Gun

Taunt: ...

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Simon Belmont with a Fleaman assist trophy.

It hits you, knocks you back, and you're immobilized until you hit the ground or DIE.

Elendil on
    edited September 2007
    Will you update the thread in a timely manner?
    Considering I have to get up at 4:45 am every weekday...
    As long as you're not expecting me to stay up for the update, I can change the thread after I get ready.
    Trying not to let down my fellow forumers will also be great motivation to get my ass out of bed :|

AggroChan on
    edited September 2007
    The remaining third party characters are Sonic and Megaman okay.

There could be more, though, who's to say that "1 or 2" will be the final number? It could be none, or it could be 25, and Sakurai just said that to trick us and get our expectations low...? Nintendo can be dubious like that :(

Also, I reworked the CV logo.

castlev2lr0.png

I'm feeling creative, anyone want me to draw more logos?

How about a Boktai Logo? :B

AggroChan on