Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Pre-PAX Seattle sights

JournJourn regularCalgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
I want to go to Seattle again for PAX Prime 2014, and I often arrive a day early (or sacrifice a PAX day) for some sightseeing. But it this year I want to go to Vancouver for a few days first because HBO's Game of Thrones Exhibition will be at the PNE. Since timing could be a factor, what would you recommend to see and do in Seattle? Here's what else I've done the last four times I've been in town:
  • Space Needle
  • EMP Museum (couple times)
  • Pacific Science Center (King Tut exhibit)
  • Mariners game
  • Boeing factory tour
  • Savor Seattle's chocolate walking tour
  • Museum of Flight
  • Pike Place Market (I always visit the first Starbucks.)
  • Gray Line bus city tour
  • Underground Tour
  • Starbucks corporate headquarters (I wanted a hat from the company store.)

Thanks in advance,

Journ

PAX 2009 [✓]
PAX Prime 2010 [ ]
PAX Prime 2011 [✓]
PAX Prime 2012 [✓]
PAX Prime 2013 [✓]
PAX Prime 2014 [✓]
PAX Prime 2015 [✓]
PAX West 2016 [ ]

• mcdermottmcdermott regular Registered User regular
    A day of Bumbershoot can actually make a good escape from the con for a day, I did that last year. Just look at the lineup and see if anybody's there you'd like to see. There's also a Sounders game that weekend as well, Centurylink is a pretty cool stadium and the games are hella fun (if you dig soccer). I also like the Seattle Art Museum, though it's not particularly special compared to other decent art museums in other cities. Maybe this sounds silly, but I also kind recommend trying to get a ferry ride in (over to Bainbridge or Bremerton).

You may get some more input over in the PAX Prime subforum, too, and I think there are a few other threads lingering around with suggestions.

Dehumanized
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim regular Registered User regular
    Alki and Sunset Gardens are moderately fun beaches. There are also counter-bumpershoot events taking advantage of people's willingness to part with their money that weekend.

• TaekoTaeko regular Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    This post has been removed.

Taeko on
    RoyceSraphimmcdermott
  • JournJourn regular Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. Still months to go, but that's me.

Journ

PAX 2009 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2010 [ ]
    PAX Prime 2011 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2012 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2013 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2014 [✓]
    PAX Prime 2015 [✓]
    PAX West 2016 [ ]
  • SpiritfireSpiritfire regular Brookfield, WIRegistered User regular
    Are you driving from Vancouver to Seattle? If so, take a slight detour between the two cities and hike Deception Pass State Park or just stop and take in the view. It is absolutely stunning.