As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    All I need is a fist and somethin to swing it around with

lemme at em

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Alright. On th the train home. Update when I'm there

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    For those of you who missed out on Derelict, this is just how shit works with Speed.

Even your successes will likely lead to physical or emotional trauma.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Yaaay no fighting by ear

a happy speed means that they won't torture us too badly when we are totally taken hostage

no a happy speed just means you'll only lose most of your limbs in the torture sequence instead of all

Who needs limbs?

The answer is me. I need them for limb related stuff. Don't take them.

• Options
    I am fully expecting a monkey's paw situation where I want to be Raiden so Speed just destroys all of Eden's limbs and forces me into a cyborg body.

"It's what you said you wanted! "

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    look

this is a metal gear game

the most recent metal gear game was about people being horribly dismembered and given robot bodies

the soon to be released metal gear game is about the pain and trauma of losing limbs

i don't know what you want from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Fun happy times like metal gear solid 4s ending

Let me fight fist to fist like the manliest of men on top of a giant submarine while amazing music plays in the backround

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm mostly joking

mostly

i don't really have any awful torture sequences planned

but

y'know

full disclosure

that is an option that's on the table

• Options
    edited March 2014
    although again a big part of the reason that people got so fucked up in derelict was because eyepatches, peglegs, and hook hands are like

the main thing of pirates

and yet nobody had any of those things!

so i had to give them to you

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Will we have to mash the X button on our keyboards really fast?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    None of you dust folk besides tommy really had to role

They are perfectly content to abandon the bar, and everyone is giving and taking orders anyways

I mean, your actions will still happen, but I dont really consider those to be things that are exactly a challenge

:/
    I thought if the good doctor was going to roll a 4 in "whip the crowd into a frenzy", someone should probably make a roll in "Calm down everyone, sheesh".

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

Atlas grunts and rubs his eyes. "Ugh. Mine is not a happy head." Alarm flashes across his face as he checks his pack. "Good, good. It shall not return this day."

He sees to the others, making sure they are ready to adjust the mission.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Someone please tell me how I turn off the god awful new mobile forum

I am angry at things today and I don't feel comfortable enough to go into the bug reports subforum to maybe accidentally end up yelling at someone I just want my regular foruming experience back pronto

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I have this hard bookmarked until they put back in the button for it.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/nomobile

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I mean, I like the new mobile forums, but I still need to switch to desktop forums for functionality that has never been part of the mobile site.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    The fact that they took the button away completely frustrates and angers me to a degree that it really should not

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    it strikes me as either a simple mistake or their honestly not anticipating people wanting to switch, until it became a known issue.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I guess. Regardless thank you for postponing this migraine that I can just feel ebbing at my brain, caulk

you da bes

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Cedric Haul Solar Dog (Engineer +1) (Electromagnetism+1)

The sudden deluge of water over the teams heads works wonders to shake them out of the impact shock, and in one capsule it elicits laughter. A calculation error. How rich. A mission nearly foiled by all those meticulous details would be saved by the experience and talent of the operative element. The laughs degrade to chuckles while he collects his tools from the crash site. Mostly hardware and very few electronics, the rain was no problem.

We are essentially MGS bosses, can't wait to say really stupid things about a specific subject while doing crazy things

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    [Ascend]

Cofresi shrugs. "What can I say? Corpses were some pretty chatty cathies in life. Especially after Serb took a blowtorch to their bits. Talking about the big guy, he would drive you there, but he can't be seen anywhere near Kittie territory or else there'd be hell to pay."

Cofresi uploads the coordinates and route to your Gnosis chips.

"Just follow the big ol' arrows, though, and you should find the way. Don't make too much of a mess."

The crew piles into the truck and rolls out into the night. The storm's still raging once you hit the streets. The neon reflecting off the slippery roads, combined with the absurd trickle of rain makes everything very hard to see for those without augmented vision, but thanks to your Qlip's gps system and it's big, fuck off directions, you manage to not have any fuck-ups worth mentioning. It's interesting, though. The light, the rain, it's like a line being drawn. It's such a subtle thing. Some of you catch yourself unconsciously looking up at that glass ceiling that's trapped you all down here. Some of you even have memories of life up there, thoughts of times that were arguably better.

You know chances are good you'll never return to that life ever again, not even for a moment.

Eventually, after parking the truck some ways away and taking the elevator up, you arrive at the club. The enormous sign identifies it as Abydos. Despite the storm, it seems to be bangin'. Must help that it's all inside. Only wet stuff in there are the drinks and the people. A line's formed outside of it, in front of the light-trimmed doors guarded by the freakishly huge and hideously muscled bouncer. That rat Cofresi really wasn't kidding. Their Qlip signature identifies them as Raisch Phoenix. The line consists of people of various subcultures, identifiable as Living Ones by all having some kind of cat theme going on. It's all very tacky.

Dux on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Krael Khmerii (Tattooist +1) (Occultist +1) (Bronze Nails -1) (500P) (Held: 0) [Group 2]

Krael slaps a hand on the image of Haril. "That works too! Our problem isn't keeping the yeti's out. It's keeping them away from us! You send as many grunts as you've got, Haril. This door is coming down with or without your help, and we'll need something to keep those fur-balls busy."

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

They are perfectly content to abandon the bar, and everyone is giving and taking orders anyways

I mean, your actions will still happen, but I dont really consider those to be things that are exactly a challenge

I thought if the good doctor was going to roll a 4 in "whip the crowd into a frenzy", someone should probably make a roll in "Calm down everyone, sheesh".

Oh wait huh

I might need to reread posts

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Barton Wylds (Mystic +1) (Cool +1) (Shark Teeth -1) (500p)

Quickly stuffing his gear into back of his terrycloth robe, Barton looks up as the Warden shouts at him. "Seal it, huh? Yeah let's try that."

He removes the tin mug from its place, dangling below his neck, and raises it high by its chain. He backs up a few feet and calls out. "I'm ready to start whenever you are!"

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    HYDRAd Dominion
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Daemon; IcePick; Geist; Mizaru Wordfilter; Glottech; Rán's Net Qlip Isolator; Egregoroi.qsp }

A search pulse slides through the qlip up and down the streets surrounding Abydos, bouncing back on every camera legitimate or otherwise found not on the club's network.

Nanoseconds after the return they are the HYDRAd's eyes. Text scrolls in the group's qlip-vision, links to the stolen cameras' vision.

(x2[Egregoroi.qsp]) - Search out cameras surrounding the place to get a full 360 view.
    Tap Dominion, for (x2[IcePick]) - Take them.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    It was
    discrider wrote: »

Oh wait huh

I might need to reread posts

a roll to get everyone distracted enough for me to fix the barrel drawing

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    although again a big part of the reason that people got so fucked up in derelict was because eyepatches, peglegs, and hook hands are like

the main thing of pirates

and yet nobody had any of those things!

so i had to give them to you

I replaced my eye that got drilled(yeah it was fucked up) with a crazy Magic eye that created illusions and made me immortal

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'll make some posts tomorrow.

Also, something just clicked in my head about the Silver II rules: the mechanics of the dice rolling, as DE?AD explains, is a metaphor for balance.

Positive and negative. Yin and yang.

Symmetry.

Harmony.

Could be a good foundation for me to do some experimentation...

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is a cat.

Can you say, "cat?"

Cat. Cat. Cuh. Cuh. Cuh. Cuh-at. Cuh-at. Cat. Cat.

Very good.

<netEpsilon.DistractionTeam>{

As Grizzly takes in his surroundings, one of the villagers collides with him. The woman staggers back and tries to catch her balance, and looks at him dumbfounded, as though she can't quite make sense of his being there. She furrows her brow, and then her expression softens, as though a switch were flipped.

"Hola," she says, and then her next few words are garbled as the nanites attach themselves to the language centers of your brain, filtering her words into English for you. They'll also adjust the impulses you send to your mouth and vocal chords, translating your words to Spanish before they're even spoken.

"--don't get many visitors. Certainly not Americans."
    };

<netEpsilon.InfiltrationTeam>{
    Kangaroo's voice echoes in your ears as you proceed toward the base. "We've had a complication. The rail gun was miscallibrated, and as a result, the Distraction Team has landed inside the enemy base," he says, confirming your suspicions. "Stormclouds are preventing us from getting any satellite imaging, but considering that they've gone completely silent it's safe to assume that they've been captured. Consider rescuing the team an additional secondary objective: help them if at all possible, but do not jeopardize the mission for their sake."

Nanites breaking down lactic acid as it builds up and maintaining muscle tissue during strenuous activity makes long distance running trivial, though the muddy terrain slows things down. The infiltration team makes it to the hills outside of Yavisa within an hour. As they approach the village, their HUD maps flare, 3 red markers appearing on them. 3 biometric signatures matching human beings, quite possibly enemy combatants, entering the city from the opposite side. The sound of static enters your ears as the nanites scan radio frequencies for chatter. Nothing turning up yet.
    };

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

He hesitates for a moment. "Is safe to say, we just arrived. Perhaps you could show us points of interest, yes?"

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

Coming to shortly after Atlas, Jian's oversized goggles simulate blinking as six irises separately adjust to the bright blue overhead. Forearms getting most of himself upright, his upper spine and neck pop as he quickly stretches and pushes himself to his feet. Between the smell and the grass, the second thing he notices is Atlas speaking to what appears to be some sort of local.

"-tu pudiera mostrar punto*SSZZCrk*of interest, yes?"

A palm comes up to hit the side of his mask as the machines inside of Brawling Mantis do their work. It's more of a self-assuring gesture then something done to accomplish anything at all technical,

Even in safe mode, the little fucks never give up

He grimaces, not that anyone else would notice.

Spanish was an easy class in prep school, even.

"Nice weather we're having", he states to the woman, scanning the circle of cottages for anything especially out of the ordinary, quite literally keeping an eye out for guns or any guards that should be carrying them.

Hrm,

"Like this most of the time?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Visigoth Glory, Challenge
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {EINHERJAR; PAPRIKA; GLADIUS; CURATOR; ICE;}

Visigoth is motionless through the van ride, the eclectic pulse of its optic and a barely audible hiss from its speaker the only evidence it hasn't simply shut itself down for the duration of the trip.

After arriving, Visigoth's secondary camera lenses whir gently as they adjust to the lighting outside of the elevator, taking in the sight of the thumping club, its gaze resting overlong on the imposing bouncer.

"This Is Not Exactly My Scene," the scruffy, dinged up mech growls, thick and hoarse. "I Doubt I Will Be Entering Through The Front." Its torso clicks faintly. "That Leaves The Employee Entrance At The Back." Pause. "The Vent From The Floor Above." Pause. "Or Option C."

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I will have dust and metal gear posts up this afternoon

• Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Davith Ranforth Friend of Machines (Machine Empathy +1) (Tech +1) (Machine Eyes -1) (250p) (Held:0) [Group 2]

"Well, if thats how were going to play it, then so be it. Send all you've got!"

Davith checks his stun gun, makes sure its fully loaded to bear.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Hey @Kilroy I dont think anyone has asked this yet

What goy you to check out the gloss thread

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks, Blue. I wasn't aware of the 'see more like' function on deviantart, and that guy is the perfect seed for things of my interest.

cerberus_by_gorrem-d6jmc6x.jpg

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    I have entire concept folders for my games from browsing the see more like button

Its a really nice feature that keeps you from having to sort through shit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Hey @Kilroy I dont think anyone has asked this yet

What goy you to check out the gloss thread

a combination of someone explaining what it is was and the fact that stilts had a magical girl game

then cowboys and metal gears happened

• Options
    Magical Girls really needs to come back are/or be rebooted

Lets get as many anime stereotypes in here as possible

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    talking about animé stereotypes

POST IN ASCEND

This discussion has been closed.