As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Gordon Freeman Final Smash: G-man

The G-man uses his speech impediment to totally creep the other fighters out

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smell the aa-a-ashe-s

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    Yeah, I want Pac-Man in and I don't want Ridley in.

Ridley would be nothing short of fucking awesome in Brawl and if you deny that, then you are a complete nutcase.

As a boss, he'd be awesome. As a playable, no way. Fuck Ridley. Fuck it up the ass.

Djiem on
  • RaNcIdPsYcHoJoShRaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    AggroChan wrote: »
    How about a Boktai Logo? :B

Hmm... I never played Boktai. What would that entail?
    As a boss, he'd be awesome. As a playable, no way. Fuck Ridley. Fuck it up the ass.

Therefore, you are a complete nutcase. That's all there is to it.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Ridley would be nothing short of fucking awesome in Brawl and if you deny that, then you are a complete nutcase.

What's wrong with Ridely being playable?

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nooooo don't start this again.

Just settle for him being insane.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But Ridley would be TOTALLY AWESOME GUYS, I mean, how could he NOT be?

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    edited September 2007
    Hiiiiiive miiiiiind.... braaaiiiinssss.....

Djiem on
    edited September 2007
    Yeah man hive mind baah baah fuck all the sheeple/robots/bees who think Samus' huge intimidating nemesis would be a good character I mean come on I am my own person IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE EDGE AND IM ABOUT TO BREAK.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Eh all I need is Samus.

Bombs bombs and more bombs.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

I'm not totally against Ridley being playable but

Isn't Ridley huge?

Like, bigger-than-Giga-Bowser huge?

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
    edited September 2007
    Yeah man hive mind baah baah fuck the sheeple and all those robots who agree Samus Aran's badass nemesis would be a good character I am my own person IM ABOUT TO BREAK.

That's still hive mind retarded thinking. Just because you think Ridley would be cool as a playable character, or that Pac-Man isn't, doesn't mean that ANYone disagreeing with you does so only to be different or going against the majority. I don't think Ridley would fit as a playable, but he'd be ok as a stage gimmick or a boss. That'd work perfectly. I personally would love to see Pac-Man as a playable, way before Ridley. Ridley's cool, but he's not making all my dicks cum.

You know, you can have an opinion that differs from the masses without being only for the sake of being different.

Djiem on
    edited September 2007
    i wonder if samus' crawl will be the morph ball

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boktai:_The_Sun_is_in_Your_Hand
    Basically a stylized sun.
    I hope Django makes it in the game considering he's a Kojima Character and he's alot more relevant to Nintendo than Snake. D:

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

Isn't Ridley huge?

Oh, original size matters? That explains why Donkey Kong can step on Kirby and crush him. Wait...

Cervetus on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah man hive mind baah baah fuck the sheeple and all those robots who agree Samus Aran's badass nemesis would be a good character I am my own person IM ABOUT TO BREAK.

That's still hive mind retarded thinking. Just because you think Ridley would be cool as a playable character, or that Pac-Man isn't, doesn't mean that ANYone disagreeing with you does so only to be different or going against the majority. I don't think Ridley would fit as a playable, but he'd be ok as a stage gimmick or a boss. That'd work perfectly. I personally would love to see Pac-Man as a playable, way before Ridley. Ridley's cool, but he's not making all my dicks cum.

You know, you can have an opinion that differs from the masses without being only for the sake of being different.

Man, stop the world, I want YOU off.

Godfather on
  • TigTig Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think the argument against a playable Ridley is that it would kinda ruin the mythos of the character.

Not only would it make him all cuddly-familiar, but they'd have to downscale him from being a ridiculously powerful ruiner of worlds into a regular fighter.

However, I disliked the idea of Ganondorf in Melee for the same reasons. In the end I didn't care because Ganondorf in Melee was awesome, and I think the same thing applies here

Tig on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I'm pretty sure his post was a joke.

At the very least, I really hope it was.

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2007

Yeah, it could be a joke, especially now that you mention it and I re-read it, but honestly?
    This forum is Gamefaqs with proper spelling.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't joking.

Djiem on
  • TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, the nerd rage in this thread has become fucking tangible.

Seriously, it's okay to be passionate about things but some of you guys need to chill the fuck out.

Timestones on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Timestones wrote: »

Seriously, it's okay to be passionate about things but some of you guys need to chill the fuck out.

Wait what.

I see no rage. Some cracks on one another, but not rage.

Speed Racer on
  • DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    On a different note it's coming close to new thread time. The creator is preferred to be there to update the thread. As people have stated the uk kids get the update at 8am. That's pretty ace for keeping this thread updated on good time.

DekuStick on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They should have a Mii character. That way you guys can try to make a Ridley Mii when you realize that he won't be a playable character.

:roll:

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »

Isn't Ridley huge?

So what if he is? If he's huge, let him be huge. Although from what I've seen he's not much bigger than Giga Bowser.
    I don't think Ridley would fit as a playable, but he'd be ok as a stage gimmick or a boss. That'd work perfectly. I personally would love to see Pac-Man as a playable, way before Ridley. Ridley's cool, but he's not making all my dicks cum.

There's a reason why everyone wants him playable. You just seem to think that everyone does so because it's "cool" or "trendy" to want him playable, and as such, you accuse us of having a hivemind, not being considerate of the fact that many of us genuinely want him playable due to his awesome potential and not just because it's the "hip" thing to do.

ridleyforbrawl.png

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I hope Django makes it in the game considering he's a Kojima Character and he's alot more relevant to Nintendo than Snake. D:

I guess Otenko would work, but I'd rather have the Pile Driver be his symbol.

He could character switch to Black Django, with a stamina like PT. Final Smash is Sol Django.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath. I do want the ray gun to be replaced with the Gun Del Sol, however.

Jimothy on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah, it could be a joke, especially now that you mention it and I re-read it, but honestly?
    This forum is Gamefaqs with proper spelling.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't joking.

That's not even close to true. Gamefaqs is way worse than this.

Though people seem to be awfully attached to Ridley around here right now. Personally, I agree with you. Ridley's not such a great candidate for a playable character. I'd rather see Ridley as a boss and another hunter or perhaps some form of space pirate for another playable Metroid character.

Aydr on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tig wrote: »
    I think the argument against a playable Ridley is that it would kinda ruin the mythos of the character.

Not only would it make him all cuddly-familiar, but they'd have to downscale him from being a ridiculously powerful ruiner of worlds into a regular fighter.
    Ridley is not very effective for an ridiculously powerful ruiner of worlds.

What are there, like two Metroids he's not gotten his ass kicked in? By Samus? A Smash fighter?

Elendil on
    edited September 2007
    IF MASTER CHIEF ISNT IN BRAWL I WILL HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
    edited September 2007
    Ridley's popular just because he's the only other real iconic Metroid character that could work (Mother Brain doesn't move and shrinking Kraid is way more noticeable than shrinking Ridley).

Speed Racer on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bibble wrote: »
    IF MASTER CHIEF ISNT IN BRAWL I WILL HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

REMEMBER TO WRITE, CRUEL BIBBLE! ^_^
    As it seems like people are having difficulties in here recently, I'll point out that yes I understand the joke and am joking as well.

Aydr on
  • TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Timestones wrote: »

Wait what.

I see no rage. Some cracks on one another, but not rage.

Maybe not "rage" rage, but considering how pissy people are getting over what character should be playable in Brawl, why such character doesn't "deserve" to be playable in Brawl, why the presence of third party characters is ruining Brawl, while X character is an affront to Y person's good sense, why person Y is a terrorist for thinking character Z shouldn't be in Brawl, etc ect etc you'll have to understand if I think people need to simmer down a bit. I dunno.

Maybe I'm just reading into it a bit much.

Timestones on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ridley's popular just because he's a fucking space dragon. A goddamn dragon! From space! How badass can you get?

Fixed.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited September 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »

I guess Otenko would work, but I'd rather have the Pile Driver be his symbol.

He could character switch to Black Django, with a stamina like PT. Final Smash is Sol Django.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath. I do want the ray gun to be replaced with the Gun Del Sol, however.

Shit, I dunno you guys.

Is this adequate?

bokbrawllogobq8.png

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ridley would be neat and the intro to Melee made him seem somewhat feasible.
    sb2shot_03.jpg
    At least in terms of size.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bibble wrote: »
    i wonder if samus' crawl will be the morph ball

So it seems no one else noticed the most awesome thing ever in text ever.

Man, that would be so pimp.

Khavall on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know, when Mushroom goes on about how he sees the characters wavedashing in the videos and how rolling is going to be replaced by this new form of wavedashing, I always thought "But! How then would Samus roll around, because obviously she has to!" Now I don't even have that to console myself with.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ridley's popular just because he's the only other real iconic Metroid character that could work (Mother Brain doesn't move and shrinking Kraid is way more noticeable than shrinking Ridley).

I'm still thinking that Dark Samus is going to make it in as the second representative of the Metroid series instead of Ridley. DS is used in 3 games, including one on the Wii, is humanoid-shaped and sized and showed a ton of possible attacks in a game that's been released a couple of years back (MP2) so it's no longer spoilerish. Seems to me like a good contender instead of Ridley for a spot in Smash.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
    edited September 2007
    Vhalyar wrote: »

I'm still thinking that Dark Samus is going to make it in as the second representative of the Metroid series instead of Ridley. DS is used in 3 games, including one on the Wii, is humanoid-shaped and sized and showed a ton of possible attacks in a game that's been released a couple of years back (MP2) so it's no longer spoilerish. Seems to me like a good contender instead of Ridley for a spot in Smash.

I don't know, kinda sounds like a clone to me. Maybe a skin for Samus?
    That's something they'd need to do, give the character 4 different skins rather than 4-5 color palette swaps.

Djiem on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dark Samus would have completely different moves to Samus, she's all phazon dependant after all. The problem is that she is pretty much better than Samus in every way, she's faster, has stronger attacks and can take more damage.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Characters need different costumes/skins AND palette swaps, independently selectable.

mntorankusu on