As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Fandango

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmmm

i could order groceries delivered like a fat sloth

fak it's cold

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wonder if Google gives money to the content producers if people only watch the 5 seconds then click Skip. I know 15-30 second ads can 't be skipped, but anymore it seems like these ungodly long ads keep showing up.

They'll still pay, just less. Not sure on any actual numbers, but anything surrounding advertising is marked up to hell and back to know who, when, how long, and where it was seen. It's gotten to be pretty ridiculous.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    dude its like 41 here

the temp is only gonna go down today

poo
    It snowed last night.

Happy Spring. :(

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    0 F here right now.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Man Russia took the Crimea without a shot fired.

At least so far.

I think China needs to learn how to land grab from Russia. Like damn that was masterful and opportunistic. The Chinese look like bullies but the Russians can play the "There are Russians there" card.

Even if it is complete bs and Russia just wants to take back the Crimea.

Poor Kiev really couldn't stand up to the Russian military in a fight. Putin has funneled a good amount of money for the last decade into getting the Russian military out of the shit lord level it was out. I would say it isn't horrible anymore and the Ukrainian military is well below it.

Still, never thought I would see Russia trying to start a WWIII in Europe again.(No one will defend the Ukraine, they be fucked)

the russification polices of old are convenient for them now because there are russians there

and like everywhere

so putin just goes like "what if we just... take it?"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    yah but i'd have to carry shit. fuk that. and it's sunday so buses run extra slow.

when i move out i am gonna pick a place near a grocery stored >(

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh you're just going to take power, huh?

well then we'll just take the crimea! How about that, huh?

ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a well known Dublin crime lord who was heavily linked to the murder of a journalist in the 90's was shot four times with a shotgun at close range yesterday

his injuries are not life threatening

guys i think we have found the person who is the worst at their job in the entire world

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    serenity was a fine movie but nothing was going to recapture da magic of firefly
    mostly because the magic of firefly was that it got canceled before anything bad or stupid could be made

Nothing bad or stupid?

Listen, I love Firefly. I think it's one of the greatest shows ever made.

But, goddamn, that show had the worst fight choreography ever filmed. It was so bad. The fact that the show was still so incredible despite that is testament to the quality of it's writing and characters.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Man Russia took the Crimea without a shot fired.

At least so far.

I think China needs to learn how to land grab from Russia. Like damn that was masterful and opportunistic. The Chinese look like bullies but the Russians can play the "There are Russians there" card.

Even if it is complete bs and Russia just wants to take back the Crimea.

Poor Kiev really couldn't stand up to the Russian military in a fight. Putin has funneled a good amount of money for the last decade into getting the Russian military out of the shit lord level it was out. I would say it isn't horrible anymore and the Ukrainian military is well below it.

Still, never thought I would see Russia trying to start a WWIII in Europe again.(No one will defend the Ukraine, they be fucked)

In the short term, perhaps. But unless they do actually want to start a third world war, they pretty much just ruined any chance at detente with any other state in proximity to them, and just jump started energy independence research to the nth degree.

pfft energy independence
    I wanna go to mars
    commence coldest war!

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I tried to like Firefly but I could not get into it. Not for me, I guess.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm not saying firefly didn't have flaws, i'm just saying it got canceled before it could have an angel season 4

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Organichu wrote: »
    yah but i'd have to carry shit. fuk that. and it's sunday so buses run extra slow.

when i move out i am gonna pick a place near a grocery stored >(

I live ~2 blocks away from two different grocery stores.

It's p nice.

i am about 1.5 miles from the grocery store

which isn't too bad during the spring for like, some produce and eggs or whatever

but if i wanna get a bunch of shit i have to carry in the summer or winter it sucks dick

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    damn

bierkraft's special this weekend
    Five spice confit duck thighs; duck sausage; marinated, skewered duck breast; green papaya and daikon spring kimchi tossed with Nappa cabbage, Thai basil, cilantro and sesame oil; topped with toasted sesame seeds. black garlic aioli and Sriracha aioli.

1796418_673222446052535_277315601_n.jpg

shoulda copped that yesterdayyyyy for lunchhhh

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    cilantro's gross tho

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    i am about 1.5 miles from the grocery store

which isn't too bad during the spring for like, some produce and eggs or whatever

but if i wanna get a bunch of shit i have to carry in the summer or winter it sucks dick

Bike+backpack?

That's how I deal with larger amounts of groceries, at least.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Of course, there's definitely a great amount of temperate climate-privilege there.

edit: and bike lane privilege. Basically I am a cis shitlord bourgie oppressor.

jakobagger on
    Hmmm, what wold be a good dinner choice for someone that just got off a mid-long ish flight?

I'm thinking I should maybe do something that's liquidy/juicy since planes always dry me out. Lasagna?

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so groggy. shouldn't have stayed up to 3:30 a.m., obvs

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @mazzyx

do you think the EU will advance further along the common defence policy to partially replace NATO now

it's a good time to move on it, what with the entente frugale and the desire to regularize some of eu fiscal policy

aRkpc.gif
    yeah i don't really live in a neighborhood where cycling is a thing

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmmm, what wold be a good dinner choice for someone that just got off a mid-long ish flight?

I'm thinking I should maybe do something that's liquidy/juicy since planes always dry me out. Lasagna?

Smoked goose breast on a bed of watercress with pine nuts and sundried tomato. A simple balsamic dressing.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That may also just be what I happened to have for dinner yesterday. The breast should have been a gizzard but apparently the supplier was playing fast and loose with his use of the term magret. So I had him whipped. Still delicious though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

if i were near somewhere suitably cosmopolitan, i'd pick some savoury clear noodle soup for that purpose

aRkpc.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    hey lol bros @spool32 @Ludious @Sir Landshark @Deebaser @cptrugged @others I'm probably forgetting

The LoL workshop where you sign up for a role and get advice I was telling you about starts in two hours (3PM EST), you should show up if you're still interested

ronya wrote: »

if i were near somewhere suitably cosmopolitan, i'd pick some savoury clear noodle soup for that purpose

We have plenty of good Korean places nearby, but I want to be all doting and do something special and homemade instead of just ordering whatever. Though soup does seem like a good idea, and frees up other aspects of things. Hmmm.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    hey lol bros I'm probably forgetting

The LoL workshop where you sign up for a role and get advice I was telling you about starts in two hours (3PM EST), you should show up if you're still interested

wait are you running like a guidance counselor job fair type thing for LoL

Too many cars, too many guns or something else? Personally I feel more safe in shady areas on bike than on foot, but I can certainly understand not wanting to bike right in the middle of a bunch of motor traffic.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    hmmm

i could order groceries delivered like a fat sloth

fak it's cold

Screw you. I'm getting groceries delivered not because I'm a fat sloth (though it helps) but because I haven't a car and lugging like 10 bags of groceries back from the store is a pain in the ass.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

@organich shows up with his 2.97 k/d/a

sorry bro, cass real strict with the 3.0 requirement

organich shows up with his 2.97 k/d/a

this giving me ptsd

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

its a like a minitournament with shoutcasting and advice (I provide color commentary)

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    serenity was a fine movie but nothing was going to recapture da magic of firefly
    mostly because the magic of firefly was that it got canceled before anything bad or stupid could be made

Nothing bad or stupid?

Listen, I love Firefly. I think it's one of the greatest shows ever made.

But, goddamn, that show had the worst fight choreography ever filmed. It was so bad. The fact that the show was still so incredible despite that is testament to the quality of it's writing and characters.
    The romantic relationships were absolutely terrible. Setting up two will they/wont theys in the first episode and then dancing around it all season with zero development was pretty terrible. I get that it was ment to be seeded for a later thing but it seemed more forced than anything else.

jakobagger wrote: »

Too many cars, too many guns or something else? Personally I feel more safe in shady areas on bike than on foot, but I can certainly understand not wanting to bike right in the middle of a bunch of motor traffic.

we just don't really have bike lanes that are respected. everyone here drives. not quite the suburbs, but far enough from the city center that there isn't any sort of community of riders.

like, there is a huge park nearby where people mountain bike but it's not really done on the streets (though philly in general is a pretty bike-happy city)

teemo players need not apply

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    no teemos or irish

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

teemo players need not apply

i main teemo irl

obF2Wuw.png
    bjergsen has 81k viewers. jeez.

This discussion has been closed.