As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jin Sakurai Greed, Fame, Safety
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {IcePick; Asi Augment; Corporate Spy} {Unspent Token}

Jin smiles at Visigoth. "No, my friend, the front entrance is definitely not your style," he says. "Personally, I'd suggest the employee entrance, but I suppose it's up to you. I'll get and in see if I can give you a hand from the inside."

He adjusts the collar on his suit. "Now if you'll excuse me..."

As he approaches the entrance, Jin surveys the bouncer's brain. If this is like most popular clubs, there's a list of VIPs. The list is likely stored in the clubs local database server, which the bouncers can then access through their Gnosis chips. Cracking the server might be tricky, depending on how seriously this club takes its security; but Jin doesn't really need to do that.

"Yo," he says to the bouncer. "Name's Jin Sakurai. I should be on the list."

Of course, as soon as Jin got in his face the bouncer would have queried the database, which is precisely why Jin kept talking. With any luck, the bouncer will peg him as a typical regular who likes to hear himself talk, rather than an experienced hacker who just intercepted the database's response to add his name to the search results.

Nothing like a good, old-fashioned man-in-the-middle attack.

(Not sure how many blocks this would cost. Take them from my green bar as necessary, I suppose.)

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Sorry Dux, I can probably not post anything before tomorrow.

• Options
    Eden del Bosque Blade Jaguar (Swords +1) (Stealth +1)

Eden slows her pace and approaches the three radar blips to get a better look at what she'll be up against. She keeps to the denser foliage for cover.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

why thank you for the link, sir

i love vann's doodle that he made for me but that was back in 2010

needed a new Spahchemin avatar real bad (unless personface makes me a thing whenever she has time)

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Maya Sapphire (Rogue +1) (Survivalist +1) (Icy Sapphire Spine -1) (500P) (Held: 0) [Group 2]

"Very well," Maya says with a scowl. "Let the records show that I tried to be reasonable."

She snaps her fingers, using Potential to envelope both her hands with makeshift shock-absorbing gloves.

"If they all want in, I say we give them what they want." She opens the security doors, allowing the yetis to flood in. "Plus a little something extra."

She hacks into her terminal and uses it to overload all the terminals in the engine room, giving as many yetis as she can a nasty shock.

[Intent: Electrocute the yetis with overloading terminals in order to incapacitate/soften them up so the inevitable direct confrontation will be easier.
    Ruling Modifiers: Prioritize successful yeti-shock above all other outcomes. Play Pairs.]

Geth roll 1d4
    Geth roll 1d4

1d4 3 [1d4=3]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Yep, this is gonna hurt.

But fuck it, Maya gets shit done.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    some lucky rolls in the gloss thread lately
    geth must like us

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Visigoth Glory, Challenge
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {EINHERJAR; PAPRIKA; GLADIUS; CURATOR; ICE;}

"Hmm," the combat mech agrees.

With a wheeze, a compartment at Visigoth's waist opens, and the combat mech thrusts a fist inside, pulling out a handful of ratty, bundled up cloth. Shaking it out into a roughly square sheet and raising it up, the robot thrusts its head through a hole cut through the center, the synth fabric falling down over its shoulder and torso as a makeshift poncho, helpfully concealing its weaponry from any casual glances, if not a more careful inspection.

Retrieving a piece of grayish plasticard from the same compartment that has had its previous advertisement laboriously buffed away and replaced with a meticulously handwritten "ANYTHING HELPS", Visigoth adds a credit account capable of accepting donations to his qlip profile, and begins slowly and unobtrusively making its way into the hallways of the building floor, attempting to circle around to locate the supposed employee entrance.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Im confused. I thought the yetis were outside the ship, and that hacking open the engin room door would also open all the hull entrances.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Im confused. I thought the yetis were outside the ship, and that hacking open the engin room door would also open all the hull entrances.

Well, I mean, we already fought a yeti that got inside.

But maybe I'm mistaken?

Even if I am, I'm pretty sure my intent covers it: shock all yetis.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

But maybe I'm mistaken?

Yeah but, I don't think any are in the engine room, where all the terminals you're shorting out are.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014

But maybe I'm mistaken?

Yeah but, I don't think any are in the engine room, where all the terminals you're shorting out are.

That's why I'm opening the security doors first.

From DE?AD's relevant post:
    DE?AD wrote:
    Opening the doors will be easy from here, but they're apparently a solid ring - opening one entrance will open them all. This would be a problem, but the security scans show hostile forces gathering around the other entrances.

Basically: the yetis are gathering around the other security doors protecting the engine. Maya opens all the doors. The yetis flood in. Maya then overloads the terminals.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    This is a cat.

Can you say, "cat?"

Cat. Cat. Cuh. Cuh. Cuh. Cuh-at. Cuh-at. Cat. Cat.

Very good.

I don't even see the code anymore

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Oh this is good.

Alright let me catch up on things.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    blonde cats, brunette cats, redhead cats

I can't wait for the next machinations post

i want my dude to get tied up and tortured so bad that I'm starting to suspect that i might have a secret bondage fetish

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

But maybe I'm mistaken?

That's why I'm opening the security doors first.

From DE?AD's relevant post:
    DE?AD wrote:
    Opening the doors will be easy from here, but they're apparently a solid ring - opening one entrance will open them all. This would be a problem, but the security scans show hostile forces gathering around the other entrances.

Basically: the yetis are gathering around the other security doors protecting the engine. Maya opens all the doors. The yetis flood in. Maya then overloads the terminals.

Hmm. I must have read it wrong then. Good to know.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

why thank you for the link, sir

i love vann's doodle that he made for me but that was back in 2010

needed a new Spahchemin avatar real bad (unless personface makes me a thing whenever she has time)

since you don't know from metal gear you probably don't know about

THE FURY

180px-420581_10150576340960986_285152375985_9444284_386274391_n.jpg

180px-The_Fury.jpg

180px-FuryI3.png

280px-FuryI2.png

he was one of the first men to ever go into space

during the descent back to earth, his equipment partially failed and he was severely burned during reentry, and had a vision of the world igniting into fire

now he is a crazy man that hunts people with a flamethrower

and when you kill him he turns into a giant fire monster

MGS3-Fury-Face.jpg

• Options
    oh dude

someone please give me a ps2

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    speed what is the link for your metal gear stream (if you're still doing it)

i wanna bookmark it

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    twitch.tv/ssjspeedracer

it's not a great way to experience the game for the first time though because i'm skipping all the cutscenes and replaying the same areas over and over to try and do them perfectly

also if you have access to a ps3 or xbox 360 the games all got rereleased there

• Options
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Sorry Dux, I can probably not post anything before tomorrow.

No problem.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)
    Chase sinks further into the ground, until everything beyond the bottom rim of his aviators is below the surface. He approaches the possible hostiles, keeping behind bushes and small rocks until he can get a clear view of them.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

Bashe curses under her breath and pulls out her silenced assault pistol and combat knife. She gets down on the ground and crawls towards the blips through the underbrush.

[Iolanthe Ioannidis] (Hexknife +1) (Loveable +1) (Purple Thorny Cables -1) (500P) (Held: 0)

Io jumps in there and gets her staffspear back.

That's her shit. It's been in the family for generations. Probably.

Dux on
  • Options
    i just realized that i have figured out two characters for two games before even completing the character that got me back into this thread in the first place

i a m so s o r r y dead you still have all(most of) my love i promise you

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    twitch.tv/ssjspeedracer

it's not a great way to experience the game for the first time though because i'm skipping all the cutscenes and replaying the same areas over and over to try and do them perfectly

also if you have access to a ps3 or xbox 360 the games all got rereleased there

I saw the HD rerelease and it appeared to only list #2 and up.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You don't want to play the first one anyways

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Why not?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Is it like silent hill, where the first one isn't really that good, and the series actually takes off from number two?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    the first one is really good

for a ps1 game

it hasn't aged particularly well

that said, it's still a cool story, and the plot is crucial to understanding MGS2 and 4

you can't play it on the xbox, but it's available on the PS3 as a digital download. you're right that the HD collection only includes 2, 3, and Peace Walker

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It has not aged well

At all

Speeds attempt to get big boss rank in it was him mostly fighting against the mechanics

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    if you play it, i'd say either do easy mode or hunt down, twin snakes, the gamecube remake, if thats an option

• Options
    I think I actually have the first one, in a pile of ps1 games somewhere. And I still have and use my ps2.

Although, I'm now remembering paring that pile down somewhat, during my recent move. I'm not sure if mgs1 is one of the ones that escaped the culling.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Like, I got the pile during a garage sale.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I do also have a GameCube, so if a search of my games shows a lack of the ps1 metal gear 1, I may try to find that twin snakes version.

Edit function is kind of butts on mobile, right now, which is why I'm posting so much on similar thoughts.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Watcher Albatross (panoptic visor +2)

Albatross pushes himself up off the ground and gives his head a little shake to clear away the haze of... whatever it is that happened. But the shaking comes to an abrupt end when he realizes the familiar weight on his face is gone. His hands fly up to his eyes in horror, as a quick glance around reveals the truth.

It's lost

I'm lost
    We're lost
    Where are we

Where is it

Lost
    Where are we
    Where are we

"WHERE ARE WE?"

• Options
    edited March 2014
    this lady is gonna need nerves of steel to deal with this collection of disorders

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    I've only played MGS4. Don't do that.

• Options
    There's something I want to do, in response to Kilroy, but I don't want to do too much between updates.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    There's something I want to do, in response to Kilroy, but I don't want to do too much between updates.

oh no dude, no, totally, do as many posts as you want

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Davith Ranforth Friend of Machines (Machine Empathy +1) (Tech +1) (Machine Eyes -1) (250p) (Held:0) [Group 2]

"Hmm, actually if its going to be an all out fight, maybe a little something more is in order..."

Davith reabsorbs his stun gun and uses his potential to create two faster firing stun pistols.

"And maybe this will help. Activating hunter mode."

Davith doesn't fully know what hes doing, but hes done this once before, his eyes never came with an owners manual, but he has a mode that helps him aim and lock targets better...

[intent: Activate a mode in his eyes that will allow for greater accuracy and faster of hitting of targets, also maybe help him not shoot friendlies.]

Geth roll 1d4 - 1d4

- 1d4:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

This discussion has been closed.