As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Shadow Broker --- Official Schedule Released

• iltailta Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I did not get information on that yet, sorry.

Thanks -- I'm just a bit nervous because my friend got in (though at least I know I'll be presenting on his panel) but I hadn't seen anything one or way or the other on my own.

Waiting is haaaaaard

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    According to twitter, Miellyn Barrows will "be doing at least three panels at Pat East!" She tweeted later that one would be the return of her panel: Foreplay: Romance in Games. In another tweet she wrote that she will "also be doing an all-new #PAXEast panel slash writer's workshop. And one attendee will win a free critique."

Sorry but I don't now how to embed an image of the tweets. You can look her up on twitter: @MiellynB

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Still can't figure out how to embed, but Thomas Eliot of sixpence games will "be running the Indy Boardgames Panel at #PAXEast 10:30am Friday April 11 in the Cuttlefish Room."

I did figure out how to embed a link to the tweet, which you can find here:
    https://twitter.com/SixpenceGames/status/435865930112184320

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Harmonix said in their last podcast that they were submitting panels but they didn't elaborate more than that.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Once again, Supergiant Games will be attending PAX East, and they are bringing Transistor with them.

http://www.warpzoned.com/2014/02/supergiants-transistor-will-be-playable-at-pax-east-2014/

Also:

PAX Condor Theatre
    Boston Convention & Exhibition Centre
    Saturday, April 12th
    12.30pm

What does it take to write music for videogames? Hear from six of the industry’s most accomplished composers with diverse musical backgrounds as they share their experiences and discuss the craft of scoring music for some of the most popular franchises in interactive entertainment.

The PAX East 2014 composer panel “Maestros of Video Games” will feature award-winning composers:

Garry Schyman
    BioShock Infinite, BioShock 1&2, Dante’s INferno, Destroy All Humans!

Peter McConnell
    Broken Age, Plants Vs Zombies 2, Sly Cooper Series, Brutal Legend, Psychonauts, Grim Fandango.

Cris Velasco
    Company of Heroes 2, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 1&2, Clive Barker’s Jericho, God of War Series.

Tom Salta
    Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Ghost Recon Series, Red Steel 1&2.

Mark Morgan
    Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Fallout 1&2, Fallout: New Vegas

Billy Martin
    Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins.

Moderated by Emily Reese, Host & Producer of Minnesota Public Radio’s “Top Score” podcast. Attendees will receive a complimentary soundtrack sampler courtesy of premier videogame soundtrack label, Sumthing Else Music Works. The panel will be followed by a Meet & Greet / Signing Session outside the Condor Theatre.

pelicanflip on
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    gonexall wrote: »
    According to twitter, Miellyn Barrows will "be doing at least three panels at Pat East!" She tweeted later that one would be the return of her panel: Foreplay: Romance in Games. In another tweet she wrote that she will "also be doing an all-new #PAXEast panel slash writer's workshop. And one attendee will win a free critique."

Sorry but I don't now how to embed an image of the tweets. You can look her up on twitter: @MiellynB
    Hmmm... I don't know how to list her in the OP. Should there be a separate list for individuals who will be panel participants or is she part of a group that should be listed? For instance, I put your Thomas Eliot post with EverythingEpic Games.

EDIT: I've added a section at the bottom of the OP since @pelicanflip and @gonexall have added specific panel discussion information. If anyone has any suggestions about organizing the information, don't hesitate to let me know in a message (don't post here; let's keep posts to the main topic of information gathering).

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • SaintJiubSaintJiub New YorkRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'll kick it off with this: Bethesda to have booth at PAX East 2014. As the article puts it, "PAX East would be the perfect setting for a Fallout 4 reveal" since it allegedly will take place in Boston

So glad they are having a booth again this year, and it would be amazing if they announced Fallout 4 and finally squash all the wondering about which game they are diligently working on.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I might wet my pants if Bethesda announces Fallout 4 at PAX East, but I'm mostly expecting them just to be pushing ESO really hard.

@Imsorad yeah they probably will just push ESO, but we can hope right? haha

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I might wet my pants if Bethesda announces Fallout 4 at PAX East, but I'm mostly expecting them just to be pushing ESO really hard.

We'll bring mops just in case ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular

As much as I am hoping and praying, they actually said they weren't announcing anything for quite a while. And since this was an actual response and not the "we don't respond to rumors and speculation" it makes me believe it's not happening :(

zmYaVYP.png
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

As much as I am hoping and praying, they actually said they weren't announcing anything for quite a while. And since this was an actual response and not the "we don't respond to rumors and speculation" it makes me believe it's not happening :(

I would have to agree too probably no Fallout 4. You can probably expect to see The Evil Within and Wolfenstein New Order. ESO will already have been released so I don't think that will be the main focus but it will be present. But my fingers are crossed for first thing in the morning friday panel from Bethesda. If thats the case that my hopes have been turned to high.

danielofthekings on
    @danielofthekings The Evil Within is definitely something to look forward to still at least! What's the friday morning panel?

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    SaintJiub wrote: »
    @danielofthekings The Evil Within is definitely something to look forward to still at least! What's the friday morning panel?
    I don't know what the Friday panel is because they haven't released anything yet.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Hotline Miami 2 is confirmed to be there.

OH HELL YES! Thanks for the confirmation. I had asked on their facebook with no response!

zmYaVYP.png
  • fynixfynix Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Klei will be there, with a booth displaying their Don't Starve figurines.

fynix on
  • CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I might as well post them here!

Cabadrin on
    e2TtnRd.png
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    I know that Giantbomb will be having their panel and Patrick Klepek will be having a panel of his own also but i dont think he has said what it is.

7US7VWW.png
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    SaintJiub wrote: »
    @Imsorad yeah they probably will just push ESO, but we can hope right? haha

I'd be surprised if it were ESO, since ESO will have been out for a week or so. I mean...maybe a mention, but not the focus of the booth. I'm thinking, given their comments, it's their "publisher stuff" (Wolfenstien, Evil Within, etc) being shown at the con.

A bit of a good news/bad news confirmation. Harmonix won't have a booth but they will be doing panels.

• BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    Jeff Cannata has implied there may be a DLC panel. Not exactly a confirmation, but worth sharing:

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Did anyone hear about any exclusives or special swag that will be available during the event?

For example, Steve Jackson once sold copies of Munchkin Zombie a few months before it was to be released (oh, the memories with @Rdr, @Zerzhul and @Punzie). The following year I think it was STWOR that gave away a free/rare TaunTaun pet. You had to prove your SW knoweldge to get it though :)

I think this would be the best place to post about such information, but if not, sorry eh?

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Usually ThinkGeek has some semi-exclusives (items they only sell at conventions, not necessarily pax east specific).

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Edge of Reality, the company behind Loadout, will be there.

I asked the community manager for confirmation today and he gave the thumbs up:
    nIg1B8W.png

• Ark MalmeidaArk Malmeida Registered User new member
    Farsight Studios, makers of The Pinball Arcade will be there according to their Facebook page:

It's official! We will be attending PAX East April 11-13th in Boston. As always, we would love to see our fans there!

edited March 2014
    Carbine (@Wildstar) have been tweeting they will be at #PaxEast this year, with their own booth.

pilferk on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Extra-Life.org will have a booth at PAX. I was involved with a fundraising meeting with the founder, who was excited about being there.

vttym wrote: »
    Extra-Life.org will have a booth at PAX. I was involved with a fundraising meeting with the founder, who was excited about being there.
    Any chance you could find a link to something to verify?

I found this ... it appears from their blog that they are listing PaxEast in April on their events calendar ...

http://blog.extra-life.org/2014/01/extra-life-welcomes-2014.html

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    edited March 2014
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    aBByNormaL wrote: »

I found this ... it appears from their blog that they are listing PaxEast in April on their events calendar ...

I had heard about this through verbal sources as well. Don't have a better link than that one though.

aBByNormaL wrote: »

Fantastic. That's plenty good for me. Wanted to throw them up on the OP immediately, but needed "proof" just to stick to our guidelines. Thanks.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Tiny Build Games will be attending PAX East, showing off their Kickstarter game "JetGetters", as well as all of their other titles.

They will have a 20' x 30' booth, next to Wizards of the Coast. Therefore, Wizards of the Coast is confirmed for PAX East, and will also have their own booth.

Confirmed via email from Tiny Build.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Oculus VR will be there! They finally updated their events page to include PAX East:
    http://www.oculusvr.com/events/

Lazorz on
    edited March 2014
    Twitter feed for TinyBuild ...

aBByNormaL on
    edited March 2014
    technical problems ...lol

aBByNormaL on
    TBG_zpsb5d51a67.jpg

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Uber Entertainment is going to be there showing Planetary Annihilation

• PhleePhlee Registered User new member
    Youtube channel on Machinima - Inside Gaming Daily - have confirmed on their channel that they will be hosting a panel on Friday night.