As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Forum Badges

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kropotkin wrote: »
    After some consideration and after taking out a Titan in Titanfall for the 100th time this weekend I have decided to go with the British Army recruitment version of the badge. I think it would be most amusing to see PAX East attendees strolling around BCEC with a badge the size of a hand with the words 'GOD SAVE THE KING' emblazoned across it. I may even ask people to do the British salute (palm open) :P
    I love it.

• aneksianeksi Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Rhiley wrote: »
    Do any Boston locals know what would have been where the BCEC was during colonial times? It might be interesting to put whatever was there at the time (if anything) instead.
    I am not a local, but I am 99% sure that the answer is water.

That is correct, that 1/4th of the city was part of Boston harbor along with things like Logan Airport. No worries, all filled in with concrete now. ^.^

• aneksianeksi Registered User regular
    I. Love. It. - Being a native Bostonian and American history lover, this is right up my alley! Although I am not sure I post on the forums enough to be wearing my handle.

I won't pretend to give you grammatical feed back or advice on punctuation, just kudos and that I would be proud to wear one!

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    After some consideration and after taking out a Titan in Titanfall for the 100th time this weekend I have decided to go with the British Army recruitment version of the badge. I think it would be most amusing to see PAX East attendees strolling around BCEC with a badge the size of a hand with the words 'GOD SAVE THE KING' emblazoned across it. I may even ask people to do the British salute (palm open) :P

Love it and love it.

• KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Sounds great Kropotkin! Can't wait to wear mine.

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    GOD SAVE THE KING!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • JaysonguyJaysonguy Registered User regular
    Hi, I'd like to be added to the badge again please.

Also I know this is a real long shot but my girlfriend and I were working at our booth nonstop at PAX Prime and never got a chance to get our badges. We've been collecting them for years (all of mine proudly hang around the neck of my 1977 Mattel Godzilla) so if there's any chance there's 2 spares it would be greatly appreciated.

Well actually I greatly appreciate what you do for every PAX, if you're able to track down two from Prime then it would be greatly appreciated-er?

Anyhoo, you get the idea! Thanks!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Hi there!

I recently learned that I'll be able to attend PAX East - I thought I wouldn't get to go, but things came through. Could I request being added to the forumer badge? Thanks!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Jaysonguy wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to be added to the badge again please.

Also I know this is a real long shot but my girlfriend and I were working at our booth nonstop at PAX Prime and never got a chance to get our badges. We've been collecting them for years (all of mine proudly hang around the neck of my 1977 Mattel Godzilla) so if there's any chance there's 2 spares it would be greatly appreciated.

Well actually I greatly appreciate what you do for every PAX, if you're able to track down two from Prime then it would be greatly appreciated-er?

Anyhoo, you get the idea! Thanks!

Sadly all badges are destroyed at the end of every PAX. I know it sounds weird, but that's the only way they retain their collect-ability.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    commenting before i forget, similarly to last pax where i forgot to get a forum badge. :P

7B14287.png
    Here is the final version of the back of the badge minus the final list of names. Some reference to the rebel forces have been added to the back and the flag has been replaced with a cleaner image.
    PAX-East-2014-Forum-Badge-back-v06_zpsc570cf93.jpg

The last date for getting your name on the back of the badge is FRIDAY 28TH MARCH 2014. So if you do not post your name here after that date you don't get your name on the back of the badge.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

I love it, well done sir.

• GoocruxGoocrux Registered User regular
    This badge looks amazing!!!
    Would love to see my name on it!!!
    46 days until we all come home :):)

• Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    Badge looks amazing. Cant wait to pick it up soon :)

• ph1l0z0ph3rph1l0z0ph3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Is there still room on the badge? Would love to have my name added!

Name to add: Ph1l0z0ph3r

ph1l0z0ph3r on
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Tagging in .... And please add my daughter (@meganrox) as she will be my plus 1 ..! Looking great @kropotkin

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    Is it too late to be added on?

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
    6 posts up...
    The last date for getting your name on the back of the badge is FRIDAY 28TH MARCH 2014. So if you do not post your name here after that date you don't get your name on the back of the badge.

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    I somehow managed to miss the big bold lettering and now feel really dumb.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Love the design. Cannot wait to get mine this year (and also tagging in for my name!)

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Me Me Me! Can I get my name on it too! This is a great design! I cant wait.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • teriwynteriwyn Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    It looks awesome! I can't wait for my first forum badge!

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    Looks great as always

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Absolutely love it. This may be my favorite yet. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

So if you do not post your name here after that date you don't get your name on the back of the badge.

File this under "there's got to be a better way to say that".. :)

Love the final design. Can't wait to get mine!

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Love it!!

Thank you all for your positive feedback. I'm very humbled by it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Rock BottomRock Bottom Registered User regular
    and me bros..

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Can't wait! Looks awesome

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Kropotkin you did it again. Love it. Can't wait to see it in on my lanyard :#

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Another awesome badge design! Can't wait to get mine :)

Awesome job @kropotkin

0j92muX.png
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Final design looks awesome! Cant wait to get one.

• KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Getting in before the deadline!
    Please add me: Khaytor
    Thank you!
    See everyone at PAX!

• RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    This is a great idea and awesome design. I can see you put a lot of thought into it and that makes it even worth more. I myself have not post often enough to be considered or even added my input on how to improve the badge to post my name on it, especially since we have a large community here behind the final design. I myself have attended PAX East since the first debut at BCEC, possibly when it was at the Hynes CC but don't recall. It is one of my favorite or best conventions in my experience and I always look forward to it.

I've been hoping for something like this to be presented and was not aware of your work on these badges, would love to help if I can and hope to pick one up any chance I get to proudly wear it knowing how much I love being at Pax East. I'll let my core group of friends (who attended Pax from day one with me) aware of it because its a nice touch of History in my eyes. Great work.

• fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    The final design looks great. Love it!

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Here is the final version of the back of the badge minus the final list of names. Some reference to the rebel forces have been added to the back and the flag has been replaced with a cleaner image.
    PAX-East-2014-Forum-Badge-back-v06_zpsc570cf93.jpg

Can't wait to actually get my hands on this one to go with my collection , just wish it wasn't 5+ weeks away still.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to actually get my hands on this one to go with my collection , just wish it wasn't 5+ weeks away still.

Holy shit PAX is only 5 weeks away

• MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    Love it, as always and am happy to be on it again. Thanks for doing this!

• TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what's on the flip side?

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I wonder if I'll be able to actually pick mine up this year, I somehow never got mine for Prime13

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.