As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spoiler Button disappeared

2»

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm on Chrome also, and missing all the editing buttons. I do not have the ability to click Spoiler boxes either.

It isn't a cache problem, because this is a brand new Windows 7 installation. I've had this install less than a week, and spoiler tags have never worked since then.

Same problem here, I don't get a button to unfold spoilers on Chrome. Works in IE though. I have been away for a while so I don't know when the problems started.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Nested spoilers are fucked up for me now, spoiler within a spoiler closes the whole tree.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Full editor is back for me now.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Text editor (all of it) is completely gone today. Firefox 27.0.1 on Windows 7.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Clear your cache.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Nested spoilers are fucked up for me now, spoiler within a spoiler closes the whole tree.

I've cleared my cache and this is still happening for me on Firefox 27.0.1

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Test

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That's only one spoiler though.
    Gotta
    nest
    those
    suckers!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    And nested spoilers are still closing when I click on the second layer "show" button.

• Options
    MarauderMarauder Registered User regular
    And nested spoilers are still closing when I click on the second layer "show" button.

Spoiler button is back for me but I am also getting the collapse of nested spoilers. Also, they are still jacked when viewing in mobile.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Spoiler buttons just plain do not work for me, period, in Chrome. Not Chrome on my phone (mobile or desktop view) or Chrome on my PC. Since around the time the latest mobile version of the site went up, many of the forum's features broke for Chrome.

Spoilers of any kind cannot be opened at all for me right now which is a pretty major impediment to the majority of the threads I post in (like TV show threads). Also all formatting buttons are completely gone, I have to bbcode tag everything manually.

Clearing my cache doesn't work. This is a browser issue. If I use IE, this isn't an issue. I don't use Firefox so I don't know if it affects that. But it definitely hits Chrome.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    do you have a recent version of chrome? are you running on their beta or alpha branches? I'm using chrome 33.0.1750.146 on multiple machines on two different versions of windows and do not have this issue (other than the nested spoilers). you're going to have to give a little more info I think.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    do you have a recent version of chrome? are you running on their beta or alpha branches? I'm using chrome 33.0.1750.146 on multiple machines on two different versions of windows and do not have this issue (other than the nested spoilers). you're going to have to give a little more info I think.

I've been having the forum spoiler issue on Chrome as well. I usually trust Chrome to yell at me when it needs to be updated, but I manually checked and I did need an update. After updating, just hitting refresh on this thread got the spoiler buttons to appear again. Didn't have to clear my cache.

Was on 28.0.1500.95

Am now on 33.0.1750.146

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »

I've been having the forum spoiler issue on Chrome as well. I usually trust Chrome to yell at me when it needs to be updated, but I manually checked and I did need an update. After updating, just hitting refresh on this thread got the spoiler buttons to appear again. Didn't have to clear my cache.

Was on 28.0.1500.95

Am now on 33.0.1750.146

AH HA

SO THIS WAS THE PROBLEM

problem solved

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Pony wrote: »
    wonderpug wrote: »

Was on 28.0.1500.95

Am now on 33.0.1750.146

AH HA

SO THIS WAS THE PROBLEM

problem solved

And no Production Assistants had to be drowned.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Nested spoilers are misbehaving again.

• Options
    They haven't stopped misbehaving for me!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yeah they've never stopped on my end.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We're working on it dudes.

I know they're busted, and I'll post here when they're not.

• Options
    <3

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Much obliged, Icy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    That's only one spoiler though.
    Gotta
    nest
    those
    suckers!

Just noticed this was fixed. Thank you so much, @IcyLiquid‌ and co.!

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Aw man. Nested spoilers were annoying more often than not. Them being broken kept them from being used 10-deep for bad jokes. :)

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    All the more reason to fix them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204