As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Frequent Logouts

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Seeing a lot of logouts right now and a random black pop up in the bottom left saying error 503 randomly when browsing.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hey guys if you are getting log out, don't worry about signing back in. If you hit refresh it will log you back in.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    holy cow it's happening a lot to me today along with a bunch of you don't have permission to do that errors and not being able to make posts

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Blake T wrote: »
    Hey guys if you are getting log out, don't worry about signing back in. If you hit refresh it will log you back in.

This doesn't work for me anymore. Im posting this via mobile, but I cannot log in through my pc. It just keeps telling me to enter my username/password.

Edit: Ok, logging in through the main PA site and then clicking forums works.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Here's a new one; the board just showed me the "sign in" form when I went to my Drafts page but the links on the right hand side just below the banner still showed me as signed in, with the "sign out" link and all… never seen that behaviour before.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's really, really bad this morning, with almost every thread or return to the forum index logging me out.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Signing back in through the main site is a crapshoot too now. Half the time it just says "an error has occurred".

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I've tracked down the reason for the logouts, which is that something is causing app servers to randomly die.
    The reason for THAT, though, is still not known. Looking into it though, thanks for all of your patience so far. I'll get to the bottom of it.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    I've tracked down the reason for the logouts, which is that something is causing app servers to randomly die.
    The reason for THAT, though, is still not known. Looking into it though, thanks for all of your patience so far. I'll get to the bottom of it.

Thank god, I was just about to say I am now getting this isssue with increasing frequency.

Godspeed Icy.

488W936.png
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's related to the logout issue, but I can't seem to log in through the forums.

On the forum homepage, I click log in, enter my info (neither username nor email address works), and the message I get back says
    Email/Username is required.
    Password is required.
    Please try again.

But if I go to the PA homepage, I can use the club pa login, and then click through to the forums.

This is my problem as well

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    This has picked up heavily again today. Status didn't show any errors, thought I'd report it again.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

I hope you are making inroads on this Icyliquid.

I trust your genius to find the source and stab it to death with ruthless effficiency, because these logouts are really starting to shit me. Which I know is not your fault!

We all really ought to give the forums dev/support team more props, I guess.

You guys/girls/everything and anything else are good people, and do good work.

Much appreciated!

• psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I am getting this as well.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    It's really bad today.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Going to chime on in that--good luck hunting it down!

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    This happens to me only when I go to the GW2 thread, now. It used to be totally random, but now... Every time I click that thread, I'm logged out and sent to page 1. When I refresh, I am still logged out. When I change pages, it logs me back in, but loses my place in the thread.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I like that Icy is like our own IT problems detective who gives us a clear window into his sleuthing. It's pretty cool.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It's happening a bunch to me too but now refreshing usually doesn't log me back in.

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    It happened to me after first reading this thread.

(Though its happened a bunch before)

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Killing me, happening about 1 out of every 5 page refreshes.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I will join the chorus and say it is happening like crazy this afternoon, although usually refreshing the page fixes it.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    getting frequent logouts here as well (current version of firefox if it matters)

also, I just wrote a long PM that apparently got eaten =(

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    We all really ought to give the forums dev/support team more props, I guess.

Screw that noise. You never praise the help lest they end up gaining confidence and revolting.

Nay, you must be vigilant in cracking the whip and they'll be back, begging for more.

Hop to, @IcyLiquid‌ or it's to the cellar for you!

P.S. - This was happening earlier today and it seemed to affect me most when I idled (i.e. - took an extended time reading a page before navigating to the next).

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It's funny, since the server message went up, I haven't gotten this issue at all.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I get logged out or it seems to log me out when I look at threads?
    Also I am getting a 503 code a lot?

• C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    It's horrible for me today. Constantly getting logged out.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We've made progress on this, and its a top priority now.
    I'm hoping for a resolution by today or tomorrow.

You guys have been very patient im sure this has been extremely frustrating.

It's making me have to do work at work, so you know, yeah.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You da bes, @IcyLiquid‌!

We've made significant progress on this and have implemented some changes. Please advise if you guys keep getting this to the same degree.

Much better, but I am still getting it occasionally, not every 20 or so minutes like before, but probably once every few hours.

If that means anything to you.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i'm getting them again, 2 logouts in the last couple of minutes

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Not had any at all today until just now, in the last minute.

forumsig.png
    Yep, I am seeing it.

If you still want them reported, I just had another one.

forumsig.png
    darleysam wrote: »
    If you still want them reported, I just had another one.

And increasingly more frequent, about as bad, if not worse, than when I first reported.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I hate to say it but this is back with a vengeance this morning.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Not sure if related, but I just got an over capacity message.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »
    Not sure if related, but I just got an over capacity message.

No, you could just stand to lose a few pounds.

forumsig.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I have been getting logged out pretty much every time I try to access a thread for the last half hour. Got a 503 error once, refreshed and it logged me back in, then clicked on a thread and got logged out again.