As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Fandango

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    My sex ed was just pictures of STDs and warnings about how if you have sex you will die.

Thanks Texas.

To be fair, everyone who has had sex in the past died at some point.

I have had sex in the past and I have not died yet.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Our older two kids go to a school that won't touch sex-ed. So! They've become the go to people when their friends have questions, and when they have questions or their friends ask something they aren't sure of they come to me. I'm SHOCKED at how little parents teach their kids, and was really surprised to learn gender doesn't seem to be a factor. Males seem to have the most inaccurate information while females seem to be completely in the dark.

Twice now our daughter has had to teach girls over 17 why they bled "down there" (God help me, but it's true, the girls don't even have words for their own genitalia) once a month.

Yeah, Texas is extremely fucked up in this area. It's part of the reason that there is such a big problem with teenage pregnancy right now. It's just sad.

while texas has one of the higher incidences of teen pregnancy, it's improved dramatically (and the country in general has improved dramatically). i think i read that this is like, the time of least teen pregnancies since ww2?

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    My sex ed was just pictures of STDs and warnings about how if you have sex you will die.

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

In Texas we get the abstinence talk from one of the teachers who tells you that for each person you have sex with that you don't intend to marry, your capacity to love is diminished, eventually leaving you an empty husk incapable of intimacy that no good person would want.

True story.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I don't put the toilet seat up, it's like the olympic games.

I stand across the bathroom in the tub and see how long I can keep peeing into the toilet before it hits the rim. Without the seat, the hole is just too big and not quite challenging enough.

I think most people with penises do it.

It's just instinct.

I once hit a fly out of midair with a piss stream. It was probably my biggest accomplishment in life.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

In Texas we get the abstinence talk from one of the teachers who tells you that for each person you have sex with that you don't intend to marry, your capacity to love is diminished, eventually leaving you an empty husk incapable of intimacy that no good person would want.

True story.

Well yes. They did that part too.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    But seriously Skippy, if you don't name your new babby Cindy, I will be eternally offended. :P

I am sorry but I make all bab naming decisions based on how much outrage they will generate in chat

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Our older two kids go to a school that won't touch sex-ed. So! They've become the go to people when their friends have questions, and when they have questions or their friends ask something they aren't sure of they come to me. I'm SHOCKED at how little parents teach their kids, and was really surprised to learn gender doesn't seem to be a factor. Males seem to have the most inaccurate information while females seem to be completely in the dark.

Twice now our daughter has had to teach girls over 17 why they bled "down there" (God help me, but it's true, the girls don't even have words for their own genitalia) once a month.

Yeah, Texas is extremely fucked up in this area. It's part of the reason that there is such a big problem with teenage pregnancy right now. It's just sad.

while texas has one of the higher incidences of teen pregnancy, it's improved dramatically (and the country in general has improved dramatically). i think i read that this is like, the time of least teen pregnancies since ww2?

Also we have a shit-ton of immigration from a nation that is far, far worse about it than ours.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

I stand across the bathroom in the tub and see how long I can keep peeing into the toilet before it hits the rim. Without the seat, the hole is just too big and not quite challenging enough.

It's just instinct.

I once hit a fly out of midair with a piss stream. It was probably my biggest accomplishment in life.
    i once shot down in a messerschmitt in the battle of britain with mine

they called me the yellow duke

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    my worst crime re: human anatomy was that I thought tampons were spring loaded and girls shot them into their vaginas

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    my worst crime re: human anatomy was that I thought tampons were spring loaded and girls shot them into their vaginas

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

spring loaded tampons can be used as a last ditch self defense maneuver

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    y

It's just instinct.

i once shot down in a messerschmitt in the battle of britain with mine

they called me the yellow duke

the fierce flaxen

edited March 2014

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

you pull on the string

just give it a good yank, like a party favor

BAMF it just shoots right into place.

spool32 on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Thanks Texas.

I have had sex in the past and I have not died yet.

It's only a matter of time before you do.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    But seriously Skippy, if you don't name your new babby Cindy, I will be eternally offended. :P

I am sorry but I make all bab naming decisions based on how much outrage they will generate in chat

So, Ann Coulter Dumptruck?

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.

The message seems like it's trying to say "each time you have an emotionally invested relationship and it ends, it causes some damage to your mental health and that kind of thing can be bad if you let it be."

But then someone was like "nah son, we gotta shame everyone, work sex into that and make people feel bad for being animals with urges."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

you pull on the string

that's exactly what I thought
    I may have been wrong, but I should have been right

Also we have a shit-ton of immigration from a nation that is far, far worse about it than ours.

Not an excuse. New York gets far more Canadians than Texas, and we don't have that problem!

Not an excuse. New York gets far more Canadians than Texas, and we don't have that problem!

Canadians not especially known for their high birthrate

because who wants more Canadians, eh?

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.

It takes a really sad, bitter, jaded person to think that, and a terribly selfish and lonely one to decide to pass that hate down to children.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

you pull on the string

that's exactly what I thought
    I may have been wrong, but I should have been right

poppers_MED.jpg

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

which in retrospect

is a lot cooler

anymore they're pneumatic

On second thought, Canadian-Texans...

ted_cruz.png

Yeesh.

Wash wrote: »

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.

It takes a really sad, bitter, jaded person to think that, and a terribly selfish and lonely one to decide to pass that hate down to children.

you know my mother?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Thomamelas‌

Shots fired in the Ukraine.

Well warning shots but it was the Russians firing them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26440424

Ah, now becomes the time where we roll the dice on human stupidity.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

It's just instinct.

My wife's terrier once snapped a fly out of the air.

Strutted around, dropped her trophy in front of a person, wagged her tail and smiled, repeated.

Nothing compared to your exploits, though.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Loody mek so much sense nao

Oh brilliant
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.

The message seems like it's trying to say "each time you have an emotionally invested relationship and it ends, it causes some damage to your mental health and that kind of thing can be bad if you let it be."

But then someone was like "nah son, we gotta shame everyone, work sex into that and make people feel bad for being animals with urges."

It's just another tool in the pro-abstinence toolbox, which is admittedly pretty slim on quality tools.

"Don't have sex until marriage, kids!"
    "Why?"
    "Because you'll get pregnant and ruin your life!"
    "Condoms and birth control?"
    "And God will hate you!"
    "I don't believe that."
    "And . . uh . . . you'll die miserable and alone?"
    ". . . oh."

Atomika on

Canadians not especially known for their high birthrate

because who wants more Canadians, eh?

DlvQT6K.png

• Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Ack, boss is here...how do you guys get away with talking in chat?!

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.

A very church-y class.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Thanks Texas.

Nah.

True story.
    i don't understand

i'm an empty husk incapable of intimacy that no one would want and i never get laid

this is bullshit

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

become a baws.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited March 2014

http://pcottle.github.io/MSWorddit/

Warning, reddit.

bowen on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    if you do something like a boss

doesn't that mean you got someone else to do it for you

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Thanks Texas.

Not me so far

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Thanks Texas.

Not me so far

The key words here are "so far".

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    A lot of pro-abstinence people must feel some kind of intense jealousy deep down inside toward people who have healthy active sex lives. For as much as their philosophy may decry it, it's difficult to ignore a physical necessity, and how dare anyone else enjoy it when they cannot.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I love that picture of Cruz. That expression is so perfect

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Step 1: Give no fucks

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited March 2014
    Oh by the way, @Atomika‌, I just noticed that "that you don't intend to marry" caveat.

Hell while you're at it, it doesn't count if [etc], right?

kedinik on
This discussion has been closed.