As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] Fandango

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so...that company that interviewed me for the second time today now wants me to interview a third time, this one with the CEO...

On the one hand, I guess it's good because it means I've been knocking these interviews out of the park, I think. On the other, I just want them to get to the whole offer phase because that is clearly crucial for me. I did provide them with my current compensation and I'm hoping they realize that they would need to be above that for me to jump. I have a feeling they're going to come in low.

I dunno, this whole thing definitely has some risk. I'm at a pretty good place right now although my my job satisfaction has definitely dipped since I got moved to the impersonal cube farm.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Spring training baseball on my laptop next to me, path of Exile on my desktop. What more could a guy want?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Teen pregnancy rates
    1. New Mexico - 93/1,000

2. Mississippi - 90/1,000

3. Texas - 85/1,000

4. Nevada - 84/1,000

5. Arkansas - 82/1,000

6. Arizona - 82/1,000

7. Delaware - 81/1,000

8. Louisiana - 80/1,000

9. Oklahoma - 80/1,000

10. Georgia - 78/1,000

40. South Dakota - 53/1,000

41. Iowa - 51/1,000

42. Nebraska - 50/1,000

43. Utah - 48/1,000

44. Wisconsin - 45/1,000

45. Maine - 43/1,000

46. Massachusetts - 42/1,000

47. North Dakota - 42/1,000

48. Minnesota - 42/1,000

49. Vermont - 38/1,000

50. New Hampshire - 33/1,000

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    My sex ed was just pictures of STDs and warnings about how if you have sex you will die.

Thanks Texas.

To be fair, everyone who has had sex in the past died at some point.

Not me so far

The key words here are "so far".

Well, if the future is going to resemble the past, then I'm going to live forever.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Spring training baseball on my laptop next to me, path of Exile on my desktop. What more could a guy want?

BJs

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so...that company that interviewed me for the second time today now wants me to interview a third time, this one with the CEO...

On the one hand, I guess it's good because it means I've been knocking these interviews out of the park, I think. On the other, I just want them to get to the whole offer phase because that is clearly crucial for me. I did provide them with my current compensation and I'm hoping they realize that they would need to be above that for me to jump. I have a feeling they're going to come in low.

I dunno, this whole thing definitely has some risk. I'm at a pretty good place right now although my my job satisfaction has definitely dipped since I got moved to the impersonal cube farm.

Shoot for a 35% raise and talk them up to 25%. Only go back and forth like twice.

They'll feel like they got a deal.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    My sex ed was just pictures of STDs and warnings about how if you have sex you will die.

Thanks Texas.

To be fair, everyone who has had sex in the past died at some point.

Not me so far

The key words here are "so far".

Well, if the future is going to resemble the past, then I'm going to live forever.

Hey I'm going to live forever or die trying

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Steak. BlowJay. Malbec in a box.

Not necessarily in that order.

• Options
    Dem red states, damn.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I like how Utah is the outlier there too, lol.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I love that picture of Cruz. That expression is so perfect

I can't help but feel it must have been photoshopped or something.

Like, I don't care how Ted Cruz you are. There is no way that much smug douchiness can be contained in one mortal body.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Teen pregnancy rates
    <snip>
    Before or after abortion taken into account?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My friend's dog

1920368_10102902730361893_1718723755_n.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

poo
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

@Dynagrip‌

GET PAID SON

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I like how Utah is the outlier there too, lol.

The Mormon Church's teen culture's "It doesn't count if . . ." rule does some work there, I think.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Yuppism... is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th-century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia, or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness, and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man.[6]

i fight for the users!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Yuppism... is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th-century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia, or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness, and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man.[6]

i fight for the users!

that is not at all what i think of when i think of a yuppie

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

i fight for the users!

lol, this is what my boss says everytime we want to add a new feature and he can't take credit for it, so he proposes some minor change that doesn't really help at all, and says, "I'm just looking out for our users."

Want to punch his face in every time.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

i fight for the users!

What's your definition?

Eddy's quote seemed mostly on-point to me, though I don't have a firm grasp of the word myself.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I've only had sex with Aaron and we're gonna marry some day so technically I waited until marriage it's just like test driving a car

• Options
    feral and kedinik's avatars too similar

filipino horse fight to the death

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    i fight for the users!

lol, this is what my boss says everytime we want to add a new feature and he can't take credit for it, so he proposes some minor change that doesn't really help at all, and says, "I'm just looking out for our users."

Want to punch his face in every time.
    But... but ReBoot.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Time for KEBAAAAAAAAAAAAB (1)

or fish (2)

geth roll 1d2

1d2 2 [1d2=2]

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Teen pregnancy rates
    1. New Mexico - 93/1,000

3. Texas - 85/1,000

4. Nevada - 84/1,000

5. Arkansas - 82/1,000

6. Arizona - 82/1,000

7. Delaware - 81/1,000

8. Louisiana - 80/1,000

9. Oklahoma - 80/1,000

10. Georgia - 78/1,000

41. Iowa - 51/1,000

42. Nebraska - 50/1,000

43. Utah - 48/1,000

44. Wisconsin - 45/1,000

45. Maine - 43/1,000

48. Minnesota - 42/1,000

49. Vermont - 38/1,000

Jesus that's much higher than I thought, also everyone is getting laid but me D:.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Teen pregnancy rates
    <snip>
    Before or after abortion taken into account?

Befor. By birth you get different numbers, but also there's slightly different methodologies and there are miscarriages to account for (and possibly if a baby is born when the mother is 20 years and 1 month say, not sure). It ends up fairly similar in order
    1. Guam 60.1
    2. Mississippi 55.0
    3. New Mexico 53.0
    4. Arkansas 52.5
    5. Texas 52.2
    6. Puerto Rico 51.4
    7. Virgin Islands 50.5
    8. Oklahoma 50.4
    9. Louisiana 47.7
    10. Kentucky 46.2
    11. District of Columbia 45.4
    12. West Virginia 44.8
    40. Utah 27.9
    41. Virginia 27.4
    42. Maryland 27.3
    43. Pennsylvania 27.0
    44. Washington 26.7
    45. Wisconsin 26.2
    46. New York 22.7
    47. Minnesota 22.5
    48. Rhode Island 22.3
    49. Maine 21.4
    50. New Jersey 20.1
    51. Connecticut 18.7
    52. Vermont 17.9
    53. Massachusetts 17.2
    54. New Hampshire 15.7

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Ack, boss is here...how do you guys get away with talking in chat?!

I just decided to never stop being a student via various failures

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    it's weird its not higher in Wisconsin what with liquor being mandatory on absolutely every occasion

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Graduating is about as terrifying as it is exciting.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

or fish (2)

geth roll 1d2

Geth hates you.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    it's weird its not higher in Wisconsin what with liquor being mandatory on absolutely every occasion

NH has the highest per capita alcohol sales and the lowest teen pregnancy rate. And thus the whiskey dick theory was born

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

i fight for the users!

1+%25282%2529.jpg

• Options

or fish (2)

geth roll 1d2

Geth hates you.

Geth hates

Geth is

am

whatever

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

my boss never stops by.

and if he did, I wouldn't care.

• Options
    Aziz started a subreddit to help work on his book about modern romance (Aziz Ansari just, like, gets me, man)

http://www.reddit.com/r/modernromantics/

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Teen pregnancy rates
    1. New Mexico - 93/1,000

3. Texas - 85/1,000

4. Nevada - 84/1,000

5. Arkansas - 82/1,000

6. Arizona - 82/1,000

7. Delaware - 81/1,000

8. Louisiana - 80/1,000

9. Oklahoma - 80/1,000

10. Georgia - 78/1,000

41. Iowa - 51/1,000

42. Nebraska - 50/1,000

43. Utah - 48/1,000

44. Wisconsin - 45/1,000

45. Maine - 43/1,000

48. Minnesota - 42/1,000

49. Vermont - 38/1,000

wonder why NH comes in so low.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

NH has the highest per capita alcohol sales and the lowest teen pregnancy rate. And thus the whiskey dick theory was born

Well, I imagine it'd be a bit different if you went with alcohol by volume and not by sales.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Wash wrote: »

Graduating is about as terrifying as it is exciting.

My undergraduation felt ok.

Not scary, not exciting.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the top 3 drunken arrest colleges in the country are UW campuses

although if you live in northern wisconsin and you spend any period of time not shitfaced you'd probably kill yourself because it's northern wisconsin

its like Canada without the free healthcare and poutine

This discussion has been closed.