As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Fandango

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    it's weird its not higher in Wisconsin what with liquor being mandatory on absolutely every occasion

NH has the highest per capita alcohol sales and the lowest teen pregnancy rate. And thus the whiskey dick theory was born

NH also has no sales tax and borders or is close enough to ~8 different states which have significant new england taxes..

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    The detective is on the case. He is confronted with two suspects. One of them has dug up the garden... but who could it be???

fE1snzx.jpg

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Ugh, that interview did not go well.

vRyue2p.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    feral and kedinik's avatars too similar

filipino horse fight to the death

i will warn you that i fight like 100 filipino duck-sized horses

duck-sized horses who wield butterfly knives and know eskrima

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    You know Aaron and I have been together for like.... eight or nine years? And we've lived together for nearly a year now.

And my biggest complaints with him are:

his memory is ATROCIOUS like i think he has add or something but won't see a doctor

he won't wipe the stove down when something splashes on it while he's cooking, because 'it leaves streaks', and it's 'easier to clean dry' and then he doesn't clean it after it's dried for like weeks

all things told those are pretty ok problems to top the list in a long term relationship

Put a ring on it.
    Your best case if you decide to move on to another relationship is that you will have only double the amount of big complaints.
    Quit now. U hit jackpot, gurl

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The detective is on the case. He is confronted with two suspects. One of them has dug up the garden... but who could it be???

fE1snzx.jpg

The one on the left is the clear culprit, he's got black shit all over him.

vRyue2p.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Ack, boss is here...how do you guys get away with talking in chat?!

become a baws.

*mic drop*

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I still don't know what I'm going to do when I'm finished school. Probably try to grab an office job for a talent agency or find work at the CFC. Do some freelance work for a friend's production company.

Working on independent projects costs money, it doesn't make any unless you're lucky and really know what you're doing. Still going to do that, but it won't pay the bills, and that needs to be a priority if I want to pay off all my debt and not live at home.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The one on the left is the clear culprit, he's got black shit all over him.

Centuries of American police prodecural precedent suddenly makes so much sense

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    A lot of pro-abstinence people must feel some kind of intense jealousy deep down inside toward people who have healthy active sex lives. For as much as their philosophy may decry it, it's difficult to ignore a physical necessity, and how dare anyone else enjoy it when they cannot.

I think it's this that causes the "double down" mentality to take root.

If you're doing something that isn't measurably enriching your life, and those who go without your philosophy seem to be having a good time, many times it causes you to freak the fuck out and become some lunatic crusader. It leads you to telling a whole auditorium of 16 year olds that they'll wind up loveless and unwanted if they have sex.

Because how dare they not live up to the arbitrary standards you place on them.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    open and shut case, johnson

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    that sounds like a pretty accurate definition of a yuppie.

i guess "yuppie-ism" sort of occurred at the point in time when the urban centers had really gotten awful, so probably the "urban" part had different implications than it might today.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    A lot of pro-abstinence people must feel some kind of intense jealousy deep down inside toward people who have healthy active sex lives. For as much as their philosophy may decry it, it's difficult to ignore a physical necessity, and how dare anyone else enjoy it when they cannot.

If you're doing something that isn't measurably enriching your life, and those who go without your philosophy seem to be having a good time, many times it causes you to freak the fuck out and become some lunatic crusader. It leads you to telling a whole auditorium of 16 year olds that they'll wind up loveless and unwanted if they have sex.

sometimes i wonder if this motivates some people to agitate for monogamy

#unpopularopinionpuffin

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited March 2014
    desc wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Yuppism... is not definable entirely by income or class. Rather, it is a late-20th-century cultural phenomenon of self-absorbed young professionals, earning good pay, enjoying the cultural attractions of sophisticated urban life and thought, and generally out of touch with, indeed antithetical to, most of the challenges and concerns of a far less well-off and more parochial Middle America. For the yuppie male a well-paying job in law, finance, academia, or consulting in a cultural hub, hip fashion, cool appearance, studied poise, elite education, proper recreation and fitness, and general proximity to liberal-thinking elites, especially of the more rarefied sort in the arts, are the mark of a real man.[6]

i fight for the users!

that is not at all what i think of when i think of a yuppie

1+%25282%2529.jpg

Yuppies are a buncha suits, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Deebaser on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    NotASuit.com

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    it's weird its not higher in Wisconsin what with liquor being mandatory on absolutely every occasion

NH has the highest per capita alcohol sales and the lowest teen pregnancy rate. And thus the whiskey dick theory was born

NH also has no sales tax and borders or is close enough to ~8 different states which have significant new england taxes..

used to anyways. nowadays it's absolutely not worth shopping for liquor in NH - they raise the margins so everything is about a buck or two under what you'd pay in MA (on, say, a $30 bottle of whiskey). plus the selection is shit because no one in NH cares what they pour down their throats.

a lot of people still roll up to NH to buy liquor out of habit, but it's completely a waste of time. it's like driving ten miles to save a nickel on gas.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    feral and kedinik's avatars too similar

filipino horse fight to the death

i will warn you that i fight like 100 filipino duck-sized horses

duck-sized horses who wield butterfly knives and know eskrima

It sounds like I might be alright if I wear a thick set of waders.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Will, are you picking up Titanfall? We can suck at it together.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Aziz started a subreddit to help work on his book about modern romance (Aziz Ansari just, like, gets me, man)

http://www.reddit.com/r/modernromantics/

I read that entire subreddit in his voice...

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    When I was working, I lived in the DC suburbs, not DC itself, so I can't consider myself a true Yuppie.

It is my one big regret in life.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    how is life wash

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

used to anyways. nowadays it's absolutely not worth shopping for liquor in NH - they raise the margins so everything is about a buck or two under what you'd pay in MA (on, say, a $30 bottle of whiskey). plus the selection is shit because no one in NH cares what they pour down their throats.

a lot of people still roll up to NH to buy liquor out of habit, but it's completely a waste of time. it's like driving ten miles to save a nickel on gas.

ok, we can get rid of NH then, it no longer serves a purpose in this country.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

#unpopularopinionpuffin

Like I said before, I mostly blame you for my new reaction during romantic comedies with love triangles.

WHY NOT JUTS DATE BOTH OF THEM THIS PROBLEM ONLY EXISTS IN YOUR HEAD

Its 2014 hollywood

Katniss can date two dudes at the same time

edited March 2014
    Variable wrote: »
    NotASuit.com

@NotASuit Good morning fellow marxist revolutionaries. We should take the ol' drum circle over to GloboCorporoBank down the street instead of protesting MegaFinance where I totally don't have a window office. #OWS #Fightthepowerorwhatever

Deebaser on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

#unpopularopinionpuffin

I've come to feel as I've gotten older and worldlier that monogamy has a whoooole lotta innate cultural hangups built in that have very little to do with two people loving each other.

Having a couple of friends in successful polyamorous relationships has helped form that viewpoint, as well.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Its 2014 hollywood

Wat?

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    NAME IT KATNISS SKIPPY

YESSSS

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    lolollol I thought this was a joke at first.. this have to be the worst campaign slogan ever
    140304_dt56j_autobus-caq-slogan_sn635.jpg

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Its 2014 hollywood

Deep thoughts on the Hunger Games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwb2glCshzY

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Delmain wrote: »
    Its 2014 hollywood

Wat?

Team Katniss:Dale:Peeta

or

Team Deetaniss

Daenyrys Katniss Dorktruck

isn't this kind of true of anyone who sets restrictive standards on themselves?

like, you see the same sort of thing - contempt - from fit people who work out all the time or diet strictly towards those who don't.

you see the same thing from people with any other moral precept that they adhere to - liars or manipulators or the cruel or the amoral.

you see the same thing from people who keep their promises wrt those who do not.

you see it from people of refined tastes who look down on those who have unrefined (by their standards) tastes.

like - take any one thing about yourself that you are proud of. the people who do not have that quality are inferior in some way, whether it's ignorance or a lack of talent or a lack of scruples or a lack of discipline or whatever else.

i'm not abstinent and really never have been, but i admire the discipline and conviction of those who choose to be so.

Wqdwp8l.png
    So It Goes wrote: »
    NAME IT KATNISS SKIPPY

YESSSS

is skappy haeve new babby

Elki wrote: »

absolutely! i will play with you dogg!

i am so bad that the smart pistol seemed pretty keen to me.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Anybody? Anybody else going to leave this one hanging?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Monogamy makes sense because keeping emotionally investing in more than one person is time consuming and annoying.

Ain't no one got time for that. How else am I going to catch up on that steam backlog?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    NAME IT KATNISS SKIPPY

YESSSS

is skappy haeve new babby

'pparently

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to Titanfall on P.C.

It looks like the combination of mechwarrior / tribes / unreal tournie I've always wanted.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.