As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

1565758596062»

• Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rami wrote: »
    Dark Samus would have completely different moves to Samus, she's all phazon dependant after all. The problem is that she is pretty much better than Samus in every way, she's faster, has stronger attacks and can take more damage.

And Bowser's immune to anything not a headstomp, a fireball or a gadget :P
    Everyone's on a similar level (or supposed to be, at least) in Smash, else Samus would rape every single character out there with her pewpew Chozo weapons and armor.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    AggroChan wrote: »
    AggroChan wrote: »
    How about a Boktai Logo? :B

Hmm... I never played Boktai. What would that entail?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boktai:_The_Sun_is_in_Your_Hand
    Basically a stylized sun.
    I hope Django makes it in the game considering he's a Kojima Character and he's alot more relevant to Nintendo than Snake. D:

I guess Otenko would work, but I'd rather have the Pile Driver be his symbol.

He could character switch to Black Django, with a stamina like PT. Final Smash is Sol Django.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath. I do want the ray gun to be replaced with the Gun Del Sol, however.

Shit, I dunno you guys.

Is this adequate?

bokbrawllogobq8.png
    Niiice.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Characters need different costumes/skins AND palette swaps, independently selectable.

Yeah, I'd really like to see Shadow Link as an alternate costume this time around.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    You know, when Mushroom goes on about how he sees the characters wavedashing in the videos and how rolling is going to be replaced by this new form of wavedashing, I always thought "But! How then would Samus roll around, because obviously she has to!" Now I don't even have that to console myself with.

Well, I mean, it's hardly definite that the pseudo-wavedashing they show off in the NintendoWorld vid is the new dodge-roll. I'm just saying it'd make sense.

Whatever it is though, I can't really see Samus rolling into a ball, sliding away, and de-morphing all just as quickly as another character hops backwards. Now, making her crawl be the Morph Ball, that I can get behind.

Heck, you know what would be cool? Alter her Down B slightly. Instead of turning into a ball to drop a bomb, have her just turn into a bomb. while in the morph ball, B dumps bombs, left or right + B does a Boost Ball, and Down B changes you back.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna go ahead and start making the new thread.

AggroChan on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Joon wrote: »
    Narian wrote: »
    What would Pacman do? Eat you? Then just punch?

I know! I don't know why all these people want Captain Falcon in the game. What would he do? Drive at you?

Worst comparison ever

At least Captain Falcon has been known to do some bounty hunting on the side

Pac-Man eats dots and the occasional ghost, and has always eaten dots and the occasional ghost, and is always going to be devoted to the cause of eating dots and the occasional ghost, and has never claimed to do anything but eat those fucking dots and the occasional goddamned ghost

"yeah but we never see Falcon actually doing any bounty hu--"SHUT UP

It has been mentioned so there is a basis for at least, which is more than what can be said for Pac-Man

Pac-man uses a sling shot to shoot power pellets; does a flip kick; butt-bounce; does a rolling attack; and has used torpedoes, gatling guns, and smart bombs. But, yes, the character who had "is a bounty hunter" for a basis has much more to draw on than the character who has a number of adventure games with moves. Before you go off on some little to-do like you know something, you might want to check.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    TimTheSlothTimTheSloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The only reason I would say Pac Man has a small shot at making it is he was in the Mario Kart arcade game.
    Pacman won't be in Smash Brothers

TimTheSloth on
    redtidesig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Narian wrote: »
    What would Pacman do? Eat you? Then just punch?

I know! I don't know why all these people want Captain Falcon in the game. What would he do? Drive at you?

Worst comparison ever

At least Captain Falcon has been known to do some bounty hunting on the side

Pac-Man eats dots and the occasional ghost, and has always eaten dots and the occasional ghost, and is always going to be devoted to the cause of eating dots and the occasional ghost, and has never claimed to do anything but eat those fucking dots and the occasional goddamned ghost

"yeah but we never see Falcon actually doing any bounty hu--"SHUT UP

It has been mentioned so there is a basis for at least, which is more than what can be said for Pac-Man

Pac-man uses a sling shot to shoot power pellets; does a flip kick; butt-bounce; does a rolling attack; and has used torpedoes, gatling guns, and smart bombs. But, yes, the character who had "is a bounty hunter" for a basis has much more to draw on than the character who has a number of adventure games with moves. Before you go off on some little to-do like you know something, you might want to check.
    But the problem is, he isn't iconic for any of that.
    People who grew up on him just eating pellets will complain that Nintendo "ruined" Pac-Man.
    Also, new thread up.

AggroChan on
  • Options
    staplegun07staplegun07 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Seriously guys...

I don't know how much longer I can take this. These updates are not helping the wait, it's all jsut making it worse...

Why do you have us Sakurai?!?

WHY!?!?!?

staplegun07 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Seriously guys...

I don't know how much longer I can take this. These updates are not helping the wait, it's all jsut making it worse...

Why do you have us Sakurai?!?

WHY!?!?!?

Just play other games

Honestly, I don't think about this game at all except between like, 2:00 and 3:15 AM on weekdays, and I LOVE Smash Bros.

edit - Oh WTF why is this thread even open

bruin on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wooo Wifi! Ack wrong thread!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ONLINE PLAY!

Peewi on
  • Options
    staplegun07staplegun07 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HOLY JESUS FINALLY!

there it is ladies and gents!

the moment we have all been waiting for!

staplegun07 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

We have another one.

Aydr on