As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)

Maybe? Chase responds, ducking to make sure he's out of the way of Jaguar's blade.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    *sigh*

With rolls like this, I'll end up as just a head and spinal cord in a cyborg body within the next three updates.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    But isn't that what you wanted?

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    And for my next move;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHXiUHiS0U

Minus the getting punched in the face part hopefully.

Rámon Gabrielle Kanagawa Titanium Flea (Crazy Legs +2)

"Ey ey mister cocky cock. Who the fuck made you our fuckin' tactics guy." he asks Chase.

The 5'5" Titanium Flea crack his neck as he walk towards the Freight Train. "Flea doesn't need some pretty boy telling him to take out the big mother fucker," Nanites read Rámon's thoughts and are alreadly calculating trajectories. "Flea been taking out big motherfuckers since he was born." As The jaguar and the egale attack, Rámon's legs propel him past the Freight train into a wall, in then into another wall, and then at the ground behind the hulking tower of a man. Titanum flea rolls into a ball and flips across the ground coming to rest on his back, squarely between Freight Train's legs where he proceedes to kick this obstacle that is wearing the FreightTrain's name,
    geth roll 3d9
    times in the the balls.

HOLD all successes
    geth roll
    1d4-1d4+2

3d9 11 [3d9=5, 2, 4]

524 times in the balls

HOLD all successes
    Also fuck Geth roll 1d4-1d4+2

damnit
    Geth roll 1d4-1d4

1d4-1d4 2 [1d4=4] [1d4=2]

edited March 2014
    So like that, + 2 = 4 held successes?
    edit:
    but wait his negative -2 plus -1 for being spotted mean only one held success?

NeoToma on
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)
    Chase was a little hurt by Flea's dismissal, but he couldn't argue with the man's assessment of his looks.

He was pretty.

So very, very pretty.

Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)
    Fink follows Grizzly, ever so often glancing back and making sure Albatross is still there. "I've got to agree with the big guy. If this is some kind of trap, ve're already in it."
    "Ich muss mich beruhigen. Wir könnnen nicht noch eine Panikattacke gebrauchen" he mutters to himself. "Play Chopins Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2"
    Calming himself Fink waits for the nano machines in his ear to comply and start the music.

Wait, I'm confused.

We need to get 5 total successes to take Freight Train out.

DE?AD played two pairs to get 2 successes, and then I played 1 pair to get 1.

But now Neo is holding all his successes, so...was all that pointless?

IKknkhU.gif
    Yeah, Neo should probably not Hold a couple of those.

I am...starting to not care for how all-or-nothing this system seems to be.

IKknkhU.gif
    oh. Ohhhhhhhhh.
    (I'll give my two successes to team take down freight)

Stilts wrote: »
    I am...starting to not care for how all-or-nothing this system seems to be.

There are things that would certainly help.

It's our first battle, which means we have nothing Held.

We aren't doing great on the teamwork thing.

We could also be weakening the enemies, to lower their ranks, or trying to work around their specialties (as they, like all concepts, only apply in certain situations).

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

By the time Atlas and the others have reached the graveyard, Mantis is already there, crouched and examining the smooth surface of one of the headstones.

"Mousetraps only catch on one side. Perhaps our misplacement is an advantage", he mumbles as they approach, nanites having transmitted their conversation, "However, advantage is most likely temporary"

A gloved thumb rolls some surface dirt in his palm. Two sets of eyes analyze the ground in front of one of the headstones while the other set of four studies the stone itself.

"No name. Who are you?"

The hand relaxes, dry grave-dirt running between Jian's fingers as the howling spectre of wind takes the pieces of earth into it's breeze.

"I want to see you"

All irises focus downward as the hand goes up, fingers tensed into a icepick-like point. The wind crackles around it- the hand, in a flash, dives down, into the earth covering the grave.

At the furthest extension of his arm, Brawling Mantis' hand outstretches it's fingers and reaches for something solid to grab and tug, hard, out of the resting place.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    hopefully this is a shallow grave and/or loose dirt

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

"Pretty good," Bashe repeats under her breath. She's smirking. It's always nice to get recognition for your skills, even if it's by a supposedly dead, veteran Ex-TIGERSHARK member. Something seems a bit off about this mission, though. More than just the rocky start.

She retreats back into the shadows, going prone and sneaking through the shrubbery to a spot near Spotlight.

The viper waits patiently for the right moment to strike.

Which presents itself once Recurve Salamander looses his arrow. She shoots forward, kicking out one of Spotlight's legs, locking her arms behind her back and pushing her face into the trajectory of the arrow.

Once the arrow's made contact, Viper spins around, using the force of her entire body to smash Spotlight against a tree before throwing her hard against the ground. Should be enough to knock her out.

Geth roll 1d4-1d4+1

1d4-1d4+1 3 [1d4=4] [1d4=2]

edited March 2014
    Everyone go home.

Bashe got this.

Dux on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Fuck your superpowers.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah, thinking about it, I might rework salamander

Its the same problem I had with Dean eventually, all your fight posts end up being "I aim and shoot the guy"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    This is a frog.

Can you say, "frog?"

Frog. Frog. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-rog. Fuh-rog. Frog. Frog.

Very good.

Continuing from our previous lesson, consider the word, "fat." Can you say "fat?" Fat. Fat. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-at. Fuh-at. Very good. If we add the letter E onto the end of the word, then the A in "fat" says its name! So now, the word is pronounced, "fate." Fate. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-ate. Fuh-ate. Very good. The E is silent, but as you can see, just be being applied to the end, it has changed the whole word.

Intercepted communication between Master Node JK and Master Node WIH:

JK: hyena

JK: god DAMMIT hyena answer me

JK: what the fuck kind of game are you playing here

JK: you son of a bitch

JK: god dammit answer me

JK: FUCK

//End of Transmission

<netEpsilon.InfiltrationTeam>{

Breaker Eagle leaps from the earth, merging his ankles with Buffalo before violently unmerging them. Both soldiers are sent flying away from one another, their bones from the shins down completely shattered. [Breaker Eagle gains Shattered Feet-1] As Freight-Train Buffalo tumbles back, Blade Jaguar leaps in to help him to the ground with a powerful thrust of her sheath into his neck. He gasps in pain, before Titanium Flea does a god damn riverdance on his dick. Looks like this train... has left the station. [Freight-Train Buffalo defeated!]

Undeterred by how easily Tripwire Tarantula managed to shrug him off, Salamander fires a claw-coated arrow at Spotlight Mosquito-2. The shot's clearly going wide, until Quiet Viper intercedes to perform a little course-correction. Spotlight moans as her eyes are plastered in putty, and there's a sickening sound of breaking glass as Viper slams her head into a tree. Mosquito falls to the ground, sprawled out, buzzing quietly. [Spotlight Mosquito defeated!]
    };

<netEpsilon.DistractionTeam>{

Mantis rams his fist through the soil. It's soft, and gives way far easier than he expected it to. He needs only to punch through about 6 inches of dirt before his fist feels open air, and then only a few inches more before he's cut by some kind of blade. His finger burns as the nanites work to reconstruct his lost fingertip.

"Nanites, stimulating the sensory centers of the brain, to generate a vision of a peaceful village," a voice speaks out from nowhere. "A bunker located safely beneath my compound, where the people of Yavisa can live freely and happily without exploitation of those stronger than them. No radiation poisoning, no bloodthirsty drug-runners. A simple, humble paradise where hard work is rewarded with community and sunshine." A man steps out from behind the gates of the cemetery. "Naturally, bodies of the dead will be reduced to base components and recycled to generate the simulated food, to aid in the commune's self-sufficiency." He's an old man, wearing a velvet houserobe and pajams. A copper wire runs from under his left eyelid to his nostril. He smokes a pipe and regards the Distraction Team thoughtfully.

"Gentleman. Welcome to my Utopia."
    }

the hardest part of these is coming up with vaguely relevant words for the "pronunciation lessons"

edited March 2014
    I'm down in the dumpy dumps today so I don't know if Dust will update today

Who knows maybe it will my mood swings are weird

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I'm down in the dumpy dumps today so I don't know if Dust will update today

Who knows maybe it will my wood swings are weird

an excellent typo

I will never understand the iPhone auto correct

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    the hardest part of these is coming up with vaguely relevant words for the "pronunciation lessons"

Can't wait for the X portion.

Can you say Xylophon? No of course you can't.

I love kicking dudes, I'm so glad I choose this superpower
    I don't even care how limited it's scope may be

Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)
    Fink regards the old man with curiosity. Was he maybe just another illusion?
    "I suppose Shakespeare was right zen. All ze world's a stage. Say what's your part in zis play?"

NeoToma wrote: »
    I love kicking dudes, I'm so glad I choose this superpower
    I don't even care how limited it's scope may be

if everyone ever tries to tell you that kicking can't solve all your problems

see if they still think that after you kick them

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Watcher Albatross (panoptic visor +2)

Utopia.
    From the Greek οὐ τόπος: no place.
    Nowhere. That's where I am.

At the old man's last word, Albatross suddenly calms. His eyes clear, his erratic movements cease, and he stands up fully straight for the first time since the mission began.

"You are Purvis Mayfield," he says to the old man, his voice completely flat once more. It is a statement, not a question.

edited March 2014
    Dan Bixel Concussive Salamander (Salamander Combat+1) (Recon+1)

This will be much more fun

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    So my drive to update is severely impeded by the fact that my computer seems to basically be dying.

It has begun freezing up at random and quite frequently and when I try to write an update I tend to lose all moment I had going once it happens.

Gonna try to sort this out. Expect an update tomorrow regardless.

For what it's worth dux I was having the exact same problem earlier this week. Restoring my computer to before the first time it froze up and updating my drivers seemed to fix it

Is there a way to just update all drivers

Because man going through one by one would be a pain

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited March 2014
    well thanks for not taking one of my arms, speed

is this asshole standing near us anywhere?

I vant to punch faces

e: ah, behind the gate. I need to learn to read better when I'm excited about something. like punching faces.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2014
    also for the record kilroy, I really really like what you're doing with your character

Mantis, however, just ain't got no time for his shit

perhaps they could bond through a mutal interest in inhuman facades, though

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    He is close enough to run up and punch

Also your mishap with the corpse grinder highlights a relevant point

Assuming your nanites are working, wounds that you receive will heal outside of combat, regardless of severity

edited March 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

The hand jumps back out of the dirt to it's owner, instinct driving him to bring the fingertips to his lips half a second before remembering himself. Mantis' rebreather growls softly. He stands to his full, thin height and inspects the old man with all eyes as he speaks. The fingertips poking through his torn up glove tense and relax slowly as Jian considers his options. He stretches his legs a bit as the others speak.

"Sorry,"

Throwing himself forward, he hastily starts to rush the old man, dashing across the cemetery and through his compatriots with a professionally balled fist already wound up behind him.

"Not Sorry"

Upon nearing Mayfield, Brawling Mantis thrusts the fist out into a calculated overhead strike, intended to connect right where the stupid copper wire meets his stupid nostril. Six eyes focus in on the point with a terrible intensity.

e: wait, is too close to smash with a running haymaker

also what would i roll for this

to be absolutely honest I am still sort of struggling to understand how pairs and holds and stuff work in Balance, probably mostly because I am just having trouble conceptualizing it, if that makes sense

e2: also also, I think it's worth mentioning that both I and Mantis completely expect this to be a hologram or a bag of toxic nanites or a clone with a bomb in his face or something

but dammit, he's going to try to smash face anyway

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.