As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How cold is it where you are?

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Yeah, in Eastern PA, I've heard anywhere from 2-36 inches are coming tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    It's gonna be 70 for the next ten days. Victoly!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Yay gonna get 10 inches, on top of the 2 inches from Sunday that never melted, on top of the four inches of slush from last Wednesday that froze solid overnight and never melted, on top of the six inches from last Monday that never melted.

So fucking done with winter.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Man, it was cold as balls here this morning. -17 according to the news, -20 according to my truck. Twenty miles away it was -3.

Fucking Michigan. Roads are going to shit already, and we've been so cold there has barely been a freeze-thaw cycle...just freeze-freeze. This is going to be a rough spring - especially since the road commissions around here have hit their summer funds pretty hard for salt and overtime.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    About 2 degrees when I got up this morning. Up to 20 or so now. Next day or so we'll be getting 2-12 inches of snow plus an indeterminate amount of sleet and rain throughout the day. Awesome.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I also love how there is basically a continent-wide shortage of ice-melt products. I'm sure the backorders will be filled sometime around May-June!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    why don't we just melt the ice with global warming liberals

• Options
    ga28112e9.jpg

• Options
    Fuck yeah snow days! 2 in/hr accumulating here on LI, can barely see across the street and not a plow around in hours.

Stay safe folks.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Yay gonna get 10 inches, on top of the 2 inches from Sunday that never melted, on top of the four inches of slush from last Wednesday that froze solid overnight and never melted, on top of the six inches from last Monday that never melted.

Purchase liquor. From there things will work out.

• Options
    jeffinva wrote: »

Purchase liquor. From there things will work out.

As much fun as hitching up the dogs to a sledge and mushing on down to the liquor store sounds...

(I'm well stocked in that department. And have 3/4 of a leftover pizza in the fridge. After the snowpocalypse rescue workers will excavate my apartment and find me rolling around on the floor, fat, sated, and belligerent.)

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Hot damn... some heavy wind hitting Québec! Lots of snow in some areas, too.

rafales%2014%20fev-21444.jpg&w=690&h=0&scale=0&crop=0

neige%20recue%2010h15%2014%20fev-21445.jpg&w=690&h=0&scale=0&crop=0

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    After getting more snow then can remember seeing in my lifetime earlier this week, next week it is going to average into the upper sixties and low seventies (F). The weather here in SC has been pretty schizophrenic.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    After getting more snow then can remember seeing in my lifetime earlier this week, next week it is going to average into the upper sixties and low seventies (F). The weather here in SC has been pretty schizophrenic.

Welcome to the Bi-Polar Vortex.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    a-REED-COLLEGE-640x420.jpg

Portland college students plus snow plus alcohol equals structural damage.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ummm.

is the white outside insulation attacking the house?

• Options
    ummm.

is the white outside insulation attacking the house?

No, that's a snowball. Katamari got real, yo.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I went to sleep at 11 last night with 7 inches on the ground, woke up at 5:30 with 18 inches. Getting to work was an adventure

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TimQGSTimQGS Quantum Overlord BelgiumRegistered User new member
    we've been really lucky this winter in Belgium, it hasn't even frozen yet where I live, we've had temperatures between 4-10° C constantly, which is reaaaally nice! Because I hate cold and snow :p

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Hate to be a downer, but I really got to say, this weather is beating the shit out of me.

It's not like this weather is any kind of surprise, being in Wisconsin and everything, most my life.

Just felt like this super cold weather thing was supposed to be, like, only four days long? Wasn't that the original version? Somewhere in my head it's filed away, so I've been feeling like this last...month should actually have only been four days. Still waiting for day five to come around where there's a. Sun. And some blue sky. And melting stuff. You know?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I actually don't care if it hits 20 below and stays there for a month.

The whole constantly going back and forth between 20 below and 30 above though? This stuff can go go ahead and fuck right the hell off. I feel like I've been on the verge of being sick for two months at this point.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular

How the fuck did that happen? Is that house made of cardboard?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »

Snow is heavy.

If that was moving with any speed... Yeah.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Oh I see, it was a rolled up ball, came down a hill or something.
    Still a pretty weak show from the house. At least it makes some sense now. I thought it was just piled there, and the wall buckled due to that.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Oh I see, it was a rolled up ball, came down a hill or something.
    Still a pretty weak show from the house. At least it makes some sense now. I thought it was just piled there, and the wall buckled due to that.

That reminds me, I need to clear all this bullshit snow off my deck before it collapses and rips off the side of my house.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hate to be a downer, but I really got to say, this weather is beating the shit out of me.

It's not like this weather is any kind of surprise, being in Wisconsin and everything, most my life.

Just felt like this super cold weather thing was supposed to be, like, only four days long? Wasn't that the original version? Somewhere in my head it's filed away, so I've been feeling like this last...month should actually have only been four days. Still waiting for day five to come around where there's a. Sun. And some blue sky. And melting stuff. You know?

I feel this way about +30 Celsius and above. The cold, though? I'm on month 3 of it being cold out. I'm ready for summer to return, but it's only -28 today. Comfortable.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Dorms are typically built real shitty

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Big winter storm incoming for Atlantic Canada. I heard they may get winds up to 160km/h in Newfoundland :o

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    This thing is seriously cool

It shows the current wind map for the entire planet, and it is fairly current. I'm not sure how often it actually updates, but I've checked it over several days and it does change.

I picked it up on these forums, I don't think it was this thread though!

You can actually see that Atlantic storm Jean is talking about.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular

Dorms are typically built real shitty

In my experience they're usually brick or poured concrete instead of the wood that makes up most houses. But if that is an actual spheroid of snow wet enough to form a solid ball, there's a good chance it weighs close to a ton. And if it had any sort of speed whatsoever, it'd basically be a tiny wrecking ball hitting the side of the building.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Good old New England weather. 1-3 inches has already become 5+ . Surprise!

• Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    Well, the temp was up to 66 F this afternoon. The past couple hours have been a crazy blizzard, though; looks like about 2 inches fell in total.

This would all be pretty typical springtime weather except that it's still mid-February and spring isn't supposed to be here yet.

• Options
    It's now nearing the end of winter here in Southern CT. That means everything is as treacherous as possible. Warmer days (40-45 degrees) with freezing overnight temps means that the melting snow and rain form sheets of ice everywhere. The sidewalks are death traps since the snow is piled up on either side so the water from melting snow and rain can't go anywhere. Each morning my truck is encased in a shell of ice... Two more weeks of this crap then it's yellow pollen season.

YEEHAA!

• Options
    And snow just upped it's game here in Montana. In Missoula, a house got taken out by an avalanche - they pulled an 8 year old kid from the wreckage.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ok.

I've been patient with this winter so far. I've been positive. I've been upbeat. I've enjoyed the crisp air and the freedom from bugs and all of the other little joys of winter. I've taken a smug Canadian pride in being ok with the cold.

But tomorrow, it'll be -20.

-20 in March.

I may have reached my breaking point.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    This past Sunday -20f

This coming Sunday it's supposed to be in the 40s

And them I'm sure it will get cold as fuck the week after because this winter has been infuriating for weather acclimation

• Options
    And snow just upped it's game here in Montana. In Missoula, a house got taken out by an avalanche - they pulled an 8 year old kid from the wreckage.

Followup: One of the people pulled from the wreckage died. And the prosecutors are debating criminal charges for snowboarders who may have set the avalanche off.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Ok.

I've been patient with this winter so far. I've been positive. I've been upbeat. I've enjoyed the crisp air and the freedom from bugs and all of the other little joys of winter. I've taken a smug Canadian pride in being ok with the cold.

But tomorrow, it'll be -20.

-20 in March.

I may have reached my breaking point.

March is always cold. When I lived in Calgary, generally it was colder than Jan or Feb.

• Options
    The Spring is more or less here, a month or so early.

Welp. Thanks Murrica for taking all the cold air. At least this is a lot better than slush and sleet.