As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fantastic four cartoon

• Options
    Software PirateSoftware Pirate Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Would it feature a more impressive Doom Patrol than appeared in the 5th Season of Teen Titans?

Because seriously, they were weak as fuck. So was the Brotherhood of Evil. You could almost hear Slade cackling at their villainous impotence.

Seriously. Of course, what do you expect when they don't have Niles Caulder's head in an ice bucket leading them?

And "Slade" was more hardcore in the comics, too. Deathstroke the fuckin' Terminator. If I could only see one battle between cross-universe. insane, immortal mercenaries whose names rhyme with "Aid Wilson," I'd want to see Deathstroke fight Deadpool.

I'm sorry, I seem to be leaking nerd all over the floor.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    It's like every single scene is a bright white room. I think it actually HURTS me to watch it.

And they wouldn't have to do an origin for every guest star. I mean we didn't see origins for most of the people that showed up on Justice League, but I do think it's important to cover the origins of the main characters a little bit. Jumping right into stories is cool and all, but...it sorta makes things happen out of context, so to speak.

Oh, and are Sue and Reed married in the show? They are all kinds of married in the comics, but I swear everytime there's a different adaptation, they just dance around the issue.
    I don't even think they're a couple in this version of the cartoon.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    They weren't allowed to call him Deathstroke in Teen Titans.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Doom Patrol would be cool, also a Young Justice cartoon would be awesome. Hell, a Green Lantern Corps cartoon, a New X-Men cartoon, an Avengers one, a good Spider-Man one (not like the horrific crap that was on MTV for three episodes), anything... fucking anything!! Just animate it well and have a writer who knows the characters... how hard could it possibly be?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006

They also weren't allowed to refer to Batman at all, because of the craptacular Fox cartoon. Kind of hard, when the team's leader is ROBIN. Also, Starfire should have had a much larger rack. But then, I'm a purist.

I'd like to see the Ultimate Avengers cut out this straight-to-DVD crap and become a more mature, Diniversish series. They don't quite capture the darkness or craziness of Millar's Ultimates, but they still had a really good feel. You can tell it was an amalgam of Ultimates and Avengers... though the Black Panther thing was just freaking weird.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd like to see The Ultimates as an HBO series. Although a live-action version of any team comic would be expensive as hell.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Why would an origin episode be necessary? I don't recall them ever doing one for BTAS or 90s Spidey, and those shows rocked.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mask of the Phantasm was the origin story for B:TAS.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mask of the Phantasm was not the origin story for B:TAS. Though in the series they did go over Batman's origin a few times. The episodes having to do with Crime Alley were poignant.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Uh, it has him going out to fight crime for the first time, and the first time he puts on the batsuit. Sounds pretty damn close to origins to me.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Uh, it has him going out to fight crime for the first time, and the first time he puts on the batsuit. Sounds pretty damn close to origins to me.

Those were flashbacks. The movie itself took place in TAS-time, when Batman was established (and thus known enough to be accused for killing mobsters)

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'll be honest... I'd kill every one of you for an X-Factor cartoon. More adult themed... maybe with an HBO Spawn kinda style to it. Well... okay, I wouldn't kill you, but I'd definately maim you for it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    I'll be honest... I'd kill every one of you for an X-Factor cartoon. More adult themed... maybe with an HBO Spawn kinda style to it. Well... okay, I wouldn't kill you, but I'd definately maim you for it.

That's okay. I'd flay you and staple your skin back on inside out for a chance at a Bruce Campbell-voiced Deadpool toon.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:

That's okay. I'd flay you and staple your skin back on inside out for a chance at a Bruce Campbell-voiced Deadpool toon.

Actually... that sounds pretty good too.

Edit: The idea, not the flaying...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Those were flashbacks. The movie itself took place in TAS-time, when Batman was established (and thus known enough to be accused for killing mobsters)

Flashbacks...which showed a great deal of his origins.

Fuck.

In other news, here's what I've been working in my spare time:

DCAUpic1.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Please tell me the Question is on that list. And I see no John Constantine/Constantine, John/Hellblazer on that list.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Please tell me the Question is on that list. And I see no John Constantine/Constantine, John/Hellblazer on that list.

he was not in any of the DCAU cartoons, nut.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    That list isn't even close to being done. I sat around for about three hours one day making very base files for a bunch of characters. And it's just animated universe stuff, so why on earth would Constantine be in it?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

They also weren't allowed to refer to Batman at all, because of the craptacular Fox cartoon. Kind of hard, when the team's leader is ROBIN. Also, Starfire should have had a much larger rack. But then, I'm a purist.

Yes yes, and Raven should have turned evil rather than simply being a gateway, and Cyborg shouldn't look high-tech and awesome but more like he's a black dude in armor.

Although they hinted at Batman a lot. Especially in "Go!" which was the origin episode.
    "Aren't you supposed to be in Gotham with-"
    "I work alone!"
    *Bats fly out*

Also the constant Wayne Corp(or whatever his companys called) buildings, references to Gotham and Metropolis.
    For a show that was given pretty strict guidelines of who they could and could not mention, they did a good job of making fan nods.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Because 1: John Constantine is freaking awesome
    And 2: ...I could have sworn he had a tiny two-second cameo in one of the more magic-oriented eps.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    That list isn't even close to being done. I sat around for about three hours one day making very base files for a bunch of characters. And it's just animated universe stuff, so why on earth would Constantine be in it?

Is this just the one in line with the DCU from JLU, etc.?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Also the constant Wayne Corp(or whatever his companys called) buildings, references to Gotham and Metropolis.
    For a show that was given pretty strict guidelines of who they could and could not mention, they did a good job of making fan nods.

I can certainly agree on that. They did a better job than I would have thought.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006

I can certainly agree on that. They did a better job than I would have thought.

They also snuck in Donna Troy/Wonder Girl pictures whenever they had a chance in the 5th season.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Is what just the what?

Under episodes, up there, are all the different shows I'm including characters from. And each episode will also have its own summary/whatever. And vehicles, locations, the bystander league, they'll all get a seperate thing too.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn, your list is missing Deadman

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    The list isn't done yet.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    deadman should have been first

deadman should have his own cartoon

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    oh man
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Warner Bros. Pictures will bring DC Comics' Deadman to the big screen. The film is being produced by Guillermo del Toro along with Angryfilms' Don Murphy and his producing partner Susan Montford.

yes plz

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Is what just the what?

Under episodes, up there, are all the different shows I'm including characters from. And each episode will also have its own summary/whatever. And vehicles, locations, the bystander league, they'll all get a seperate thing too.

I'm sure there are far less bitchy ways to get across that you didn't understand something.

Of course, then you wouldn't be Jordyn.
    You'd be a likeable person.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Is what just the what?

I'm sure there are far less bitchy ways to get across that you didn't understand something.

I'm not seeing how any part of that post is bitchy.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Is what just the what?

You also think Elijah Snow can beat Magneto.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    yeah, I was just explaining what it was while also being confused.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006

That's because he fucking can, man.

On that note, I'd kill many many people if it meant seeing a Planetary series on HBO. Preferrable with Malcolm Macdowell as Elijah Snow.

Software Pirate on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    deadman would win the whole tournament

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Is what just the what?

That's because Magneto is a guy that can move metal and not god like some people on the internet make him out to be.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

No.

He wouldn't be allowed to compete. He's way too awesome.
    That's because Snow is a guy that can make it cold and not god like some people on the internet make him out to be.

See what I did there?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

No.

He wouldn't be allowed to compete. He's way too awesome.

that's why he would win

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'M SORRY, I POISONED YOUR WINE

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    So, episodes are broken down by series, and then by seasons. Each episode file has the title, the episode numbers, which characters appeared, a brief summary, and a more detailed summary. The brief one is like..the blurb CN puts out for the episode, ya know? It'll also list appearances of the Bystander League, even though no one else really gets what that is. It'll say what other episodes may be referenced in it, and how it links to other parts of the universe. Any interesting episode tidbits will also be included.

Characters are just all lumped together because they seriously cross over so much, it'd be kinda dumb to try to lump them by show. Each character has information like real name, origins, powers, who voiced them, etc. It'll have the episodes they appeared in (speaking and non-speaking roles) and which episodes/stories were really important to the character. It'll have different examples of their costume, alternate universe examples of the character, all that stuff. And again, any interesting facts around the character.

Vehicles and locations will follow this same sort of idea, but probably won't have nearly as much information as other things.

I'm also going to work on a section about the voice actors, musicians, writers, directors, etc. This is a huge work progress and I'm honestly not even sure why I'm doing it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm not really sure why this has turned into a JLU thread.

august on