As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turnabout [Chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    @skippydumptruck‌ -- so did that rum old fashioned have 3 different rums in it? I bet it was good but that seems really weird -- I'm definitely considering making one with just the ron zacapa though.

it was p good

it actually ended up having a strong molasses and raisin aftertaste which reminded me of some rums (rhums?) I've had before

I think you're right on with thinking that one type of rum is probably fine and I love ron zacapa 23

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    People with PMPs get jobs over people without PMPs. That's why I'm getting a PMP. It cost $350 and it pays for itself in the long run.

Get one. Fucking do it now.

since you're in the process of getting one. Are you getting any company sponsorship? How rigid are they with regard to the work experience?

It's been my experience that they are pretty strict with the work experience. The requirement is based around the idea of leading project teams and they require your management (and previous management if it spans multiple jobs) to sign off on it. Another big issue is that a lot of IT projects aren't team based. Migrating Exchange to Google apps isn't the kind of project that counts for it.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    There's no reason to manufacture reasons to think anti-gay scouts are the bad guys in that particular fight

they do a good job themselves, don't make shit up, come on media

override367 on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Butt Stallion was the true hero of Pandora
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWuS_GGsGn4

She loves it.

• Options
    will, you would have really liked this google panel I think

it's all about internet + politics --> how it's used in revolutions, privacy (whether it's good to have whistleblowers releasing millions of documents), internet balkanization

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    MANGO CHOBANI TIME MOTHA FUCKAHS

I'm staring into the eyes of yeezus this very moment.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I start volunteering on the 19th y'all! I'll be working at the busiest branch in Philadelphia.

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    People with PMPs get jobs over people without PMPs. That's why I'm getting a PMP. It cost $350 and it pays for itself in the long run.

since you're in the process of getting one. Are you getting any company sponsorship? How rigid are they with regard to the work experience?

It's been my experience that they are pretty strict with the work experience. The requirement is based around the idea of leading project teams and they require your management (and previous management if it spans multiple jobs) to sign off on it. Another big issue is that a lot of IT projects aren't team based. Migrating Exchange to Google apps isn't the kind of project that counts for it.

LOL that's easy enough

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

How? Classes cost thousands.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Finished the mango chobani.

Everything is awful again.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    What's a PMP? Or is it PiMP?
    Edit: And what's a chobani?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Project Manager Professional certification.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    There's no reason to manufacture reasons to think anti-gay scouts are the bad guys in that particular fight

Do we really think it's the 8 year olds in that anti-gay scouts group that are homophobic and bad guys and not their parents

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    haha

I am in a different panel right now with some guy idk

he is talking about MBAs and how they often say, I'm spending the money not for the content but for the relationships

and he said, you can forge a lot of relationships for $150k -- you're a bad fucking businessperson

• Options

Ah, ok. Yeah, they're everywhere. Good ones are rare.

• Options

LOL that's easy enough

They do random audits for applicants where they go and start asking people you did the project with questions. You probably could fake a thousand hours or so but beyond that, it's gonna break down.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Edit: And what's a chobani?

It's PMP. It's pronounced "Pimp"

Mango Chobani is literally flavor of the month greek yogurt for peasants that like to overpay for pre-packaged food.

• Options
    Right, the US is in some kind of yogurt craze or something. Hasn't hit us yet, it seems.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Also the Boy Scouts song they said they're emulating uses both arms, the right one should be lowered to the left shoulder before the left arm is lowered at all, neither arm would end up at a 45 degree angle, and the kids aren't singing. So I'm not sure their explanation is accurate either

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mim wrote: »
    I start volunteering on the 19th y'all! I'll be working at the busiest branch in Philadelphia.

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

o shi- 7th and market? that was my jaaaaaaaam in high school.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    somehow never noticed that Lilo and Stitch has a restaurant called "mulan wok"

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Do we really think it's the 8 year olds in that anti-gay scouts group that are homophobic and bad guys and not their parents

no no I was referring to that position abstractly, not to 8 year olds acting homophobic, of course their parents are the bad guys

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Right, the US is in some kind of yogurt craze or something. Hasn't hit us yet, it seems.

I've always liked yogurt

vanilla

not weird fruit flavors or whatever

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

Ah, ok. Yeah, they're everywhere. Good ones are rare.

It's a huge PITA. I'm always amused when I see optimistic GANTT charts.

• Options
    also he said a thing I like

whatever you think you want to be, go find the person who is that and spend time with them

take a step back if you have to, to take steps forward

either you'll find out you don't like them and what they are, and you'll be something else

or you'll decide it is what you want and learn how they got there

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Plain Greek or I feed

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    left bag of frozen shrimp in fridge for 12hrs

now have them under running warm water

WHY WON'T YOU THAW, SHRIMP

I WANT TO EAT YOU

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Americans think yogurt is healthy

which it is, just not what most people are buying

override367 on
  • Options

LOL that's easy enough

They do random audits for applicants where they go and start asking people you did the project with questions. You probably could fake a thousand hours or so but beyond that, it's gonna break down.

i don't think id need to fake anything. I've actually led teams and birthed systems from meeting notes.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Dairy

Fat

5ever

• Options

LOL that's easy enough

i don't think id need to fake anything. I've actually led teams and birthed systems from meeting notes.

Then you'll be fine. The big trip up for people is when they submit stuff like "VOIP Migration X to Y dates" but there wasn't a team.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    desc wrote: »

Dairy

Fat

5ever

yea, full fat greek yogurt is far better for you than like, a 20g sugar tiny cup of activia

It has slightly more calories but the only sugar in it is lactose (which is so much less bad than fructose), there isn't much of it, and it's far more filling

nutritionally the average "light" yogurt on the shelf at a supermarket is basically a can of soda with some yogurt

override367 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    left bag of frozen shrimp in fridge for 12hrs

now have them under running warm water

WHY WON'T YOU THAW, SHRIMP

I WANT TO EAT YOU

Oh jesus don't let chu near the shrimp!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    yogurt is tasty

also cheese

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

o shi- 7th and market? that was my jaaaaaaaam in high school.

@‌Organichu

Yessss. We should celebrate (@elendil, @redx) and go to Shake Shack and walk around Philly. It is getting warmer.

• Options
    oh my god I am so hungry

so far today I have had a cup of coffee and some sort of koshi grain bar

there are two sessions I want to see that are both going to be packed so I am staying in this room until they are over at like 430p

3 more hours until I get food

squirtle pls

• Options
    my roomate put a bag of frozen chicken in the fridge like a week ago and forgot about

goddamnit

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I treat those chobani's like desserts

certainly better than ice cream or something but it's a treat

This discussion has been closed.