As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turnabout [Chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also he said a thing I like

whatever you think you want to be, go find the person who is that and spend time with them

take a step back if you have to, to take steps forward

either you'll find out you don't like them and what they are, and you'll be something else

or you'll decide it is what you want and learn how they got there

that is interesting

i have always lamented that i'm not 'handy' at all. i am super jealous of people who can just, figure out simple machines and joints and how things fit and gears work and stuff. just, general ability to get how something works and fix or change it?

when i was a young teen i did an informal gunsmithing apprenticeship. i found it interesting but i also did not really like the dude my family set me up with. and generally speaking i do not like the gun dudes i run into as a general sample. so it kind of soured me on the whole thing.

fwiw i was also hesitant to go into software for this reason (thinking everyone was super awkward, self-centered, misogynistic etc). until i realized the broadness of the field and how outdated those stereotypes were (in part, anyway) i was like hmmm these are the people i would work with!?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    an alternative to a chobani: buy some greek gods unflavored yogurt, toss in a small amount of splenda or something and add like diced mango to it

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I'm glad I was an american for breakfast and had half a medium pizza

not able to get lunch today

tonight I think I will eat all of the sushis

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    get out of my shoes bab

tumblr_n21cx4GR2P1ryltgxo2_250.jpg

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What's a PMP? Or is it PiMP?
    Edit: And what's a chobani?

It's PMP. It's pronounced "Pimp"

Mango Chobani is literally flavor of the month greek yogurt for peasants that like to overpay for pre-packaged food.

You take that back you animal.

@Gooey help me out here!

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Evening

I have been getting "over capacity" messages all day but cesca assures me she has been able to access the forums normally

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    left bag of frozen shrimp in fridge for 12hrs

now have them under running warm water

WHY WON'T YOU THAW, SHRIMP

I WANT TO EAT YOU

i thought your people werent allowed to eat shrimp

919UOwT.png
  • Options

whatever you think you want to be, go find the person who is that and spend time with them

either you'll find out you don't like them and what they are, and you'll be something else

that is interesting

i have always lamented that i'm not 'handy' at all. i am super jealous of people who can just, figure out simple machines and joints and how things fit and gears work and stuff. just, general ability to get how something works and fix or change it?

when i was a young teen i did an informal gunsmithing apprenticeship. i found it interesting but i also did not really like the dude my family set me up with. and generally speaking i do not like the gun dudes i run into as a general sample. so it kind of soured me on the whole thing.

fwiw i was also hesitant to go into software for this reason (thinking everyone was super awkward, self-centered, misogynistic etc). until i realized the broadness of the field and how outdated those stereotypes were (in part, anyway) i was like hmmm these are the people i would work with!?

I had the same problem, my friend's dad tried to get me into gunsmithing when I was like 14 but holy shit are the kind of people you associate with awful

Guns are cool, shooting is cool, gun club people are awfuuuul

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I want to be a rock star. This may be difficult.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Mango Chobani is literally flavor of the month greek yogurt for peasants that like to overpay for pre-packaged food.

Dispatch we've got a 10-10 possible shots fired in the [chat] thread

• Options
    Mim wrote: »
    I start volunteering on the 19th y'all! I'll be working at the busiest branch in Philadelphia.

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

o shi- 7th and market? that was my jaaaaaaaam in high school.

@Organichu

Yessss. We should celebrate (@elendil, @redx) and go to Shake Shack and walk around Philly. It is getting warmer.

sounds good to me. i work usually two of the three weekend days but i am free on fridays and mon-thurs after 4ish.

• Options
    ps spool

the gaming expo is open to the public again looks like

if you feel like battling traffic I think I am going to swing by this evening around 5-6p

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Wife and fellow students have been charged with throwing big parties four nights in a row in order to entertain the new admits to their program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWzsrj8bZE

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    thus far you have been adrift in the harbor of my patience

• Options
    man I want some greek yogurt with fresh fruit in it now

such refreshing

• Options

spool and his wife both said last night that I need to write a program before I make a decision about doing a CS degree

which is good advice I think

why is everything so hard wah wah

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Evening

I have been getting "over capacity" messages all day but cesca assures me she has been able to access the forums normally

I got "forums under maintenance" from 0900 est to 1100 and it doesn't look like they were

probably good for @icyliquid to know

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

You take that back you animal.

@Gooey help me out here!

mango chobani is best fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    the IT people I worked with in Milwaukee were more comically open about their racism than any white people I have ever seen outside of a Spike Lee film

edit: also sexist as fuck, the manager flat out told me he didn't hire chicks

override367 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ... is my avatar showing up for people? All the images are working except for it.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    If you're having trouble accessing the forums, getting intermittent Maintenance warnings... clear your DNS cache. You can do this the noob way by simply restarting your computer.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    an alternative to a chobani: buy some greek gods unflavored yogurt, toss in a small amount of splenda or something and add like diced mango to it

Splenda is gross and you should feel bad.

I eat my mango chobani every day because it's mad easy super tasty protein and I have no fear of sugars that come from chunks of fruit because c'mon, what kinda communist land is this where I can't even eat fucking fruit any more?

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I start volunteering on the 19th y'all! I'll be working at the busiest branch in Philadelphia.

Independence branch.

aiieeee.

o shi- 7th and market? that was my jaaaaaaaam in high school.

@Organichu

Yessss. We should celebrate (@elendil, @redx) and go to Shake Shack and walk around Philly. It is getting warmer.

sounds good to me. i work usually two of the three weekend days but i am free on fridays and mon-thurs after 4ish.

I'm free erryday.

so we just need @elendil and @redx to drop some scheds.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So, a local church wants more people to come by. Seems like a pretty typical aspiration.

They decided that a good way to get people to stop by would be to hold a big raffle. Sure, makes sense; maybe people are coming by just for the raffle, but it gets them to take the first step of engaging the church, no big deal.

So, what are they raffling off? Well...
    zO5mltT.jpg

Never change, America.
    No, I'm just kidding. Please please please change.

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    If you're having trouble accessing the forums, getting intermittent Maintenance warnings... clear your DNS cache. You can do this the noob way by simply restarting your computer.

makes sense.

thanks dogg.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Splenda is gross and you should feel bad.

I eat my mango chobani every day because it's mad easy super tasty protein and I have no fear of sugars that come from chunks of fruit because c'mon, what kinda communist land is this where I can't even eat fucking fruit any more?

I use ez-sweetz Idk if it's splenda or what

in small amounts its fairly indistinguishable from sugar in anything that has a strong flavor (sauces for chinese food, yogurt, coffee)

Ive successfully tricked people that say they can't stand it by telling them I used sugar and they were none the wiser. It isn't really necessary if you're adding fruit to yogurt, but I'm not sure if mango would be sweet enough on its own to counter the yogurt

My personal favorite is fresh wisconsin strawberries in greek yogurt, but those aren't available much of the year

override367 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So, a local church wants more people to come by. Seems like a pretty typical aspiration.

They decided that a good way to get people to stop by would be to hold a big raffle. Sure, makes sense; maybe people are coming by just for the raffle, but it gets them to take the first step of engaging the church, no big deal.

So, what are they raffling off? Well...
    zO5mltT.jpg

Never change, America.
    No, I'm just kidding. Please please please change.

Ha, jokes on them. Jesus is a G3 guy.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so i'm trying binaural study aid stuff to help alleviate the cubicle life and concentrate and i can almost swear that it's working.

• Options
    if they do background checks i ain't see nothing wrong with raffling a gun

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    yogurt is tasty

also cheese
    Now I want cheese.

Which is my normal state, now that I think about it.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    get out of my shoes bab

tumblr_n21cx4GR2P1ryltgxo2_250.jpg

tonybancroft-footstep.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

spool and his wife both said last night that I need to write a program before I make a decision about doing a CS degree

I found programming games to be really fun

writing the rules for chess or checkers etc

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    my

piece

I give unto you

?!

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    ... is my avatar showing up for people? All the images are working except for it.
    Seeing it just fine on my end.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Can anyone else not open multi-layer spoilers anymore?

• Options
    edited March 2014

a really common piece of advice i've heard is to try and (poorly) emulate a simple game?

pong or flappy bird or w-e?

Organichu on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The fruit Choabnis have like 18 grams of sugar or 6%-8% your daily. That's not the worst thing in the world. Much better than the other yogurt brands out there.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I actually really dislike the AR-15 community as a whole. Their ability to put together astoundingly ugly guns that weigh 30 lbs more then they reasonable need to is amazing.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm not sure about Chobani specifically but in most of them it's not just the sugar from the fruit, they add HFCS or sugar on top of that

also being low fat means it will have more sugar than full fat

Edit: chobani mango has what an ounce of mango in it? that's 5 or 6 grams of sugar, but the cup of yogurt has almost 20

override367 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Greek yogurt best yogurt

So much protein

This discussion has been closed.