As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

It's a shame she's talking about such a grave subject, but I have to say this is a pretty awesome picture of Lithuania's President.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    trying to decide whether i should download thief knowing full well that i'm going to be busy with titanfall starting tuesday

Dont, just continue to prepare for Titanfall

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Rad's home!

Back to the good anime.

Wait, there's a good anime?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Rad's home!

Back to the good anime.

Uncut dragonball Z

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    o shit, i just remembered i had titanfall beta access. dangit. stupid schoolwork.

are most chatters titanfalling on xbone or pc

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Rad's home!

Back to the good anime.

Pokemon! We're rewatching it.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Rad's home!

Back to the good anime.

QUICK HIDE PILLOWCHAN

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

It's a shame she's talking about such a grave subject, but I have to say this is a pretty awesome picture of Lithuania's President.

Hmm, that looks like a castle in Tallinn.

wat arn't they telling us!?!!?

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    o shit, i just remembered i had titanfall beta access. dangit. stupid schoolwork.

I think it's split.

I will be on PC so that should make it easy.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also the critics liked Tomb Raider. If you look at the scores. I think the biggest complaint I hear is the first 15 minutes which is kind of silly.

Overall I think they handled the game play elements fantastically. As third person shooters go I liked the cover systems. Weapons felt good. The tombs were fun but not too long. Overall it was a great game. And I liked the story.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

brb drafting comic book proposal starring Pres Dalia

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    just finished the tomb raider reboot

i have zero idea why it got so much shit from game critics

it was really good

yeah. i was a little disappointed with the end fight but:
    the art and ui were great- rain on everything, the storm noises etc. the whole storm 'theme' was actually really well executed and integrated in a way i never see in a game. a real, permeating motif! very cool.

at first i was kind of glum they were actually going in a mystical direction. then you meet the huge undead samurai dudes and i was like- man, this is well done! i like this!

had a lot of fun with that game, though the bow was such a good weapon i never felt very inclined to upgrade anything else?

the level design was probably among the best i've seen

graphics great, voice work great, storyline on par with action movies if lacking in emotional depth, controls were good, shooting segments engaging, some of the puzzles pretty challenging. some really fantastic set pieces.

i ended up switching between the weapons depending on context. probably the only one that seemed to not really have a particular use was the pistol

the only death cutscene i found especially jarring was the same one everyone else did, i suspect. especially because it was attached to a long-ass trial-and-error sequence, so you got to see lara croft catching that pole through her neck about twenty times within about five minutes.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    @Spool32 going to freebirds this better be good.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    This rice is absurdly yellow.

saffron or turmeric?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I can't stop replaying that scene from Tomb Raider in my mind. The one with the pole and the throat.

• Options
    I am stuck at this restaurant until my phone charges enough to give me directions back to the hotel

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I cannot put into words how much I love the sequence in Mulan that starts with her striding into the temple and ends with her riding the horse out. that music

Tamin on
  • Options

i am doing xbone obv

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also the critics liked Tomb Raider. If you look at the scores. I think the biggest complaint I hear is the first 15 minutes which is kind of silly.

Overall I think they handled the game play elements fantastically. As third person shooters go I liked the cover systems. Weapons felt good. The tombs were fun but not too long. Overall it was a great game. And I liked the story.

And Lara. Lara was likeable. The other characters were pretty static, though.

• Options

huh i seem to remember a whole lot of complaints when it came out. maybe i was just in the wrong part of the internet or something. or else maybe i'm just misremembering.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    jake

mix

i am delaying doing that because i need to gym and also get chipotle at some point

but you know

i should

i will

@y2jake215‌ when you return

http://www.reddit.com/r/Beatmatch/comments/1z6ei2/another_idea_pt_3_the_pool_mix_thread/

• Options
    The river was the only part of Tomb Raider I really disliked.

Everything else was me having a blast with my bow and arrow.

Also dat grenade launcher scene. Unf.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    This rice is absurdly yellow.

saffron or turmeric?

Turmeric.

• Options
    man it is super cool that obama is introducing cosmos

that makes me happy

• Options
    Man the grenade launcher , so good

that fwoomp sounds a GL makes is so satisfying.

• Options
    *scratches chin*
    How many men does it take a deliver a message?

• Options
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

i am doing xbone obv

FPS scrub tier

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    tomb raider got good reviews

a few complaints about the nature of some of her deaths and the way it deals with her killing people but very few people straight up raged

o also the tombs were short but eh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

that makes me happy
    Tea Party to demand total defunding of all sciences as being Democratic conspiracies.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The acrobatic sections were great. And for not being a stealth game, sneaking around was well done as well.

If the next Tomb Raider game is of the same or better quality, I'll buy it day one as well. It was an excellent gaming experience.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I love the weapons.

I ended up using the bow and the assault rifle a lot. Some fights with the shotgun though, rolling, disarming the big boys piece by piece. Shit got tense.

Game was fantastic and I can't wait for the next one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    i remember the tomb puzzle where you had to open the shutters such that they would blow the platform (which you had to be fairly quick to jump to) towards the opposite wall.

i figured out what i had to do after a minute or two but man, executing that took me probably 20 or 30 tries. curse you, jump mechanics.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    *scratches chin*

What is the message, who is the recipient, and what response are you hoping for?

• Options
    Hrmm wonder if Dark Souls 2 is going to get blasted for its graphics, its not a good looking game most of the time

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

huh i seem to remember a whole lot of complaints when it came out. maybe i was just in the wrong part of the internet or something. or else maybe i'm just misremembering.

I think you're both right. There was a mini-controversy and some discussion on blogs and commentary about the appropriateness or inappropriateness of some of the content but the actual critical judgments I saw were generally really favorable.

• Options
    watched the thief trailer and it basically looks like dishonored but without the innovative setting or cool art style.

it could still be decent - i really really liked dishonored

maybe will wait for price to drop or something.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

that makes me happy

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    *scratches chin*

What is the message, who is the recipient, and what response are you hoping for?

the message is "We, the Hun army, demand that your strongest forces face us in honorable combat"

the recipient is the Emperor of China

hoped-for response should be self-evident based on the above

This discussion has been closed.