As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm on my tablet god damn it [chat]

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    well I am sad that I didn't get to see a movie tonight, but otherwise today was p good

the hotel left me a box of chocolates at a note apologizing for their shitty wifi : )

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My brother, who has hearing problems, speaks at inappropriately loud volumes often. I try to get him to lower his voice by saying "volume," our code word for "hey man, not trying to be mean, but you're being loud." And it worked 100% of the time.

Until just now, when we were walking down the street and he went into a pretty awful racial joke. And he in fact snapped at me and got louder with it. So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be the victim of a shooting within a week because of his need to be a crass dumbfuck. I'm gonna be so pissed at him in the afterlife.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Has anyone here played the new Thief game? How long is it to play though on normal difficulty?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    well I am sad that I didn't get to see a movie tonight, but otherwise today was p good

the hotel left me a box of chocolates at a note apologizing for their shitty wifi : )

Where are you skippy

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Wooo, steve!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    watched the thief trailer and it basically looks like dishonored but without the innovative setting or cool art style.

it could still be decent - i really really liked dishonored

maybe will wait for price to drop or something.

i didn't like dishonored at all.

no idea why it just seemed really. . .

unpolished?

steam_sig.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I had a video game night yesterday, and it was huge success. The majority of people there were 'non-gamers' (also women). We tried a bunch of stuff and people had fun, but the hit of the night wasn't what I expected: Spelunky deathmatch.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Sigh.

Went 2 - 6 today in the netrunner tournament.

The format was 3 matches of swiss (2 games a round) and then a cut to top 8, out of a field of 32.

Magic players -- is a Swiss of 3 rounds.. viable? That just seems all sorts of off.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Elki wrote: »
    I had a video game night yesterday, and it was huge success. The majority of people there were 'non-gamers' (also women). We tried a bunch of stuff and people had fun, but the hit of the night wasn't what I expected: Spelunky deathmatch.

as a GAMER i . . .

steam_sig.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @‌deebaser You wonderful, wonderful bacchanalian genius. I want nothing more than to fulfill the end of my bet! I lost after all, and I want to make you as happy as possible as that is my favorite thing in life to do: make people happy! I would never, ever use a loophole that, technically speaking, my 24 hours is up, because that would be unbecoming of a gentile such as myself!
    I hope you are having a delightful time indulging in the many and varied bottles that adorn your walls, cabinets, tables, sinks, closets, and hampers; however, I would ask that you provide me with a list of those deemed worthy of praise as soon as possible. Since it IS the weekend and I understand that we are both probably busy with life, I, of course, working on my house in various ways, and you, investing directly in the grain and grape economy, I will extend the terms of my bet through Monday at 6:17pm EST, at which time the magicks that are holding the dark creature known as Ludious at bey, will, sadly, fail to contain him any longer.

I hope you're feeling super today!

ta!

Where are you skippy

austin tx

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    why you comin' hoooooome
    5 in the moooooornin'
    something's going onnnnnn
    let me smell yoooo diiiiiick

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Where are you skippy

austin tx

they just couldn't keep you away huh

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    hahahhaa. A guy founded a company called good company on an idea I had before : okcupid for job seekers, matching aptitudes of employees with companies

FUCK YOU SKIPPY FOUND A COMPANY JESUS

"Founding companies is basically for people who can't get a job."

is a thing i heard on NPR today.

I think they were saying that's the prevailing opinion in S. Korea, or used to be. Sounded like they were having a laugh at the idea rather than agreeing with it.

sig.gif
    I just backed a kickstarter for sippy cup thingies

:0

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Sigh.

The format was 3 matches of swiss (2 games a round) and then a cut to top 8, out of a field of 32.

Magic players -- is a Swiss of 3 rounds.. viable? That just seems all sorts of off.

General rule of thumb is you want enough rounds so that only one person can end up on the maximum number of points.

This means we start at three rounds for 8 people. 32 should be at least five.

Where are you skippy

austin tx

they just couldn't keep you away huh

I brought some rain with me 8)

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Sigh.

General rule of thumb is you want enough rounds so that only one person can end up on the maximum number of points.

And Magic's usually a best 2 of 3, right?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    the early marvel one shots were really kinda rough

glad they kept going, though

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sigh.

Yes.

Sigh.

Yes.

So pissed/disappointed. *sighs*

It's bad enough that the same 5 guys always win shit. But.. I'd at least like a chance... and I swear the TO mixed up the second round, as I went 1-1 in the first match and was paired with a 2-0...

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I'm not hungry yet but I've been abandoned for the day by all the people who speak Chinese, so my ability to acquire food is close to zero. I guess I better get my ass to the breakfast buffet right now.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    jake

mix

i am delaying doing that because i need to gym and also get chipotle at some point

but you know

i should

i will

@y2jake215‌ when you return

http://www.reddit.com/r/Beatmatch/comments/1z6ei2/another_idea_pt_3_the_pool_mix_thread/

@TL DR

holy shit this is a cool idea.

Agreed.

I'm not crazy about the selection, though.

and lol that bpm spread

OCf4JdG.png

this is very interesting. we should both try it and compare!

@TL DR

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Elki wrote: »

When you put non-gamers in quotes like that, I assume they were secretly pro gamers looking to hustle a rube.

hahahhaa. A guy founded a company called good company on an idea I had before : okcupid for job seekers, matching aptitudes of employees with companies

FUCK YOU SKIPPY FOUND A COMPANY JESUS

"Founding companies is basically for people who can't get a job."

is a thing i heard on NPR today.

I think they were saying that's the prevailing opinion in S. Korea, or used to be. Sounded like they were having a laugh at the idea rather than agreeing with it.

yeah they were talking about the lack of start-ups because of the abundance of jobs.

steam_sig.png
    jake

mix

i am delaying doing that because i need to gym and also get chipotle at some point

but you know

i should

i will

@y2jake215‌ when you return

http://www.reddit.com/r/Beatmatch/comments/1z6ei2/another_idea_pt_3_the_pool_mix_thread/

@TL DR

holy shit this is a cool idea.

Agreed.

I'm not crazy about the selection, though.

and lol that bpm spread

OCf4JdG.png

this is very interesting. we should both try it and compare!

@TL DR

bpm is just a suggestion.

steam_sig.png
    I'm not hungry yet but I've been abandoned for the day by all the people who speak Chinese, so my ability to acquire food is close to zero. I guess I better get my ass to the breakfast buffet right now.

CHEESEBURGER

STEAK

PIZZA

AMERICAN

DO YOU SPEAK IT

steam_sig.png

CHEESEBURGER

STEAK

PIZZA

AMERICAN

DO YOU SPEAK IT

This was the result for 'Chinese cheeseburger'.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SND6c3pIMwM

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i'm getting 30 megabits down, 11 megabits up right now. but osmehow streams are still buffering n shit. what the hell. frustrating.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    it's called traffic shaping, son.

Or youtube's shitty buffering protocol...maybe both

Ludious wrote: »
    it's called traffic shaping, son.

Or youtube's shitty buffering protocol...maybe both

my uncle is on his 360 like 8 feet from the laptop where i'm getting those speeds. he's getting randomly kicked from xbl and also when he watches his stupid wrestling shit the stream is pooping.

i just want to move out and get fios or google fiber and hardwire into it and never worry about internet again ludious

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    why do you midwest people god damn slice pizza into squares

holy shit

KE$HA NOW KESHA SHIT

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    oh, huh

netflix picked up the cgi clone wars

all six seasons

Tamin wrote: »
    oh, huh

all six seasons

unrelated but I am excite for the marvel tv shows coming out next year

Tamin wrote: »
    oh, huh

all six seasons

Disney seems to have decided that Netflix is its jam, for now. We should take advantage of this while we can.

This discussion has been closed.