As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo] destroy the Rift Oculus, find Nephalem Rifts, id The Oculus

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So Torment 1 is too easy, Torment 3 is too hard.

Maybe Torment 2 is juuust right.

But I will find out when my lag isn't apparently shit.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    torment 2 has been the sweet spot for me so far, I can do 3 but it takes forever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    torment 2 has been the sweet spot for me so far, I can do 3 but it takes forever

Yeah, 2 seems pretty good. Not playing any more tonight because lag has been terrible for some reason, but it's a good balance between the amount of time it takes to kill dudes versus the amount of time it takes for them to kill me

(winged moloks can go to hell though. ha!)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man I think Torment 1 is too easy for me

Ghom went down like so many chumps

and to think there was a time when ghom on inferno was pretty much impossible for monks and barbarians

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i think torment 1 is the best difficulty to play at, it's in that sweet torment bonus range but still "everything gets one shot" difficulty

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Here be my duder: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Goose-1477/hero/39759765

Tell me what ya think.

so it seems to me that you've got tons of crit chance, crit damage, and attack speed

but less than 3k intelligence

probably the best way to increase your damage right now is by increasing that?

to that end it seems like your pants are probably the thing that need an upgrade the most

like you could pretty easily find a pair of pants that give you at least plus 300 to both intelligence and vitality, and also have a socket or two

the magic find was nice pre-2.0 but now is not really necessary

the same could be said about your shoulders

both of those could be giving you probably another two hundred intelligence EACH and a ton more vitality as well and you have so much allres even without those that I wouldn't worry too much about your survivability

you could also upgrade all your gems but that's kind of expensive

and your weapon has some good stats but the damage on it is kind of mediocre so I would upgrade that as well, I'm actually a little surprised you haven't already found something better

basically it seems like you're set up for critical mass but that's not really a thing anymore so giving up some crit chance for more intelligence and vitality might be the way to go?

or ask beasteh or brt or jars, they've played way more of this than I have

• Options
    i think torment 1 is the best difficulty to play at, it's in that sweet torment bonus range but still "everything gets one shot" difficulty

yeah I've been playing a lot of both with my demon hunter and torment 1 is still tough enough that you can't just play completely stupid

I mean unless you've got 150k+ damage in which case yeah you can do whatever the fuck you please

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    gotta play stupid while i still have lifesteal

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pabrt-1613/hero/1960

also that armor is supposed to be reactive lightning armor
    edit: interesting that profiles show unbuffed dps now, good thing imo

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    New gear seems to focus on survivability much more than the old stuff. My wizard that only hit 60 a few days ago is at about 600k toughness but only 85k damage.

Also got a belt that increases armour based on gold picked up for a short while. Hitting 2mil toughness mid fight is pretty crazy.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I wish I had more damage on monk.

Ive about 130k and 1.1mill toughness. I really hate the character sheet though. It says I've got 11.5k healing which really isn't true.

I've got 1200 LoH and 2k LPS and like 5k LoD. I run the healing mantra cause it lets me stand in everything on torment II

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Man I think Torment 1 is too easy for me

Ghom went down like so many chumps

and to think there was a time when ghom on inferno was pretty much impossible for monks and barbarians

You could always face tank Ghom even at his worst with enough LOH. It's just now they are pushing everyone to LOH and he's much easier as well.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

yeah I've been playing a lot of both with my demon hunter and torment 1 is still tough enough that you can't just play completely stupid

I mean unless you've got 150k+ damage in which case yeah you can do whatever the fuck you please

Yeah, I was bummed to find out critical mass was gone. Thanks for the advice

• Options
    things:

1) my monk has over two million toughness now. also a 50% chance to dodge, which, HAHAHAHAHAHA

2) I found an ouroboros that is a straight upgrade to the one I found in the first month of the game's release, which I'm pretty stoked about

3) in the past two days I have found two windforce bows, so I figure, fuck it, I'll give one to the scoundrel. his damage is now 60k.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Which of the followers is technically the best?

I've been rolling with Enchantress since she can use all the weapons that I get rid of and also Mass Chicken.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I've noticed the Templar seems to be a popular choice. He has some good healing, and can semi-tank.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    all the followers are good

for straight sheet dps and buriza/wind force shenanigans, scoundrel
    Enchantress brings a temporary dps buff and good cc
    Templar has heals and resource regen

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I like the templar for my witch doctor because I can pretend he is just another one of my pets filling up the wall between me and the monsters (plus the heals and regen are nice)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    if I got a new buriza I would try it on the scoundrel

I wonder how the pierce and multi shot interact combined with freeze chance...

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    I leveled my Wizard to 60 and some Paragon levels on Master. Going from Hard to Master was difficult enough, I don't know about Torment.

• Options
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    I leveled my Wizard to 60 and some Paragon levels on Master. Going from Hard to Master was difficult enough, I don't know about Torment.

If, as a wizard, you can hit 40k dps and oh maybe 200k toughness then you can probably do torment 1 with just a little bit of trouble

But in general the difficulty curve is so good now that, once you start to feel like any one difficulty is too easy (champs/elite packs dying in like 30 seconds, never at risk of death, etc), you can move up to the next one and it will be a little harder but it won't be a slog and you won't hit a wall of difficulty where normal mobs tear you to pieces (RIP old inferno curve)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    as far as difficulty goes you should be playing on the mode where white mobs die in seconds, this includes multi

killing speed is going to get you drops faster then whatever the tiny % increase on chance of legendaries in higher torrments

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    multi is weird because sometimes you can get a group where everyone has killer gear and everything just melts

and then other times, that doesn't happen and it's a damn slog

• Options
    yeah the difficulty should be set to match the weakest gear set ideally, doesn't always happen with drop in/out

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wait its not based on the host?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Does difficulty take your gear into account at all in multiplayer? (or single for that matter?)

Isn't it just based on your character level (and possibly but probably not your paragon level) and then the number of players?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Wait its not based on the host?

it is based on the host, but you can drop in on a higher torment game even if your gear isn't a match for it.

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Sometimes you get in a game with three wizards and you don't get a chance to attack anything and just end up giving speed buffs via your shout and legendary belt effect :p

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Be honest though, even if you had gotten a chance to attack something would the monster even have noticed (for my barbarian the answer is no)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Also man fuck arcane enchanted monsters

But especially fuck arcane enchanted/cold enchanted monsters

But extra especially fuck arcane enchanted/cold enchanted/wormhole/fast/extra health monsters come on

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Arcane goes from a hate to love type deal once you get one of these: Countess Julia's Cameo.

• Options
    Whatever other problems witch doctor has, being able to very easily avoid/peace out of a cluster fuck of frozen/arcane/plague/bullshit is pretty great

unless it is a waller champ pack in which case don't ever get caught or you're fucking dead

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    You can lower the difficulty at any time, if your multiplayer game is going slowly you should do that. Playing at a difficulty that your group can't handle quickly enough is just wasting everybody's time.

• Options
    Also just for funsies I went down to normal last night and killed the Butcher in like 30 seconds

• Options
    Normal is the place my barbarian calls home until I can find a set up that is effective but also that I like

same for my monk

Though I do have my monk set up to have permanent tempest rush going on so I pop sweeping wind and then just walk into things, though I haven't dared take him outside of normal yet either

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I like leap, that skill that pulls everybody closer, rend, then cleave. Beserk for the tough guys. And a shout that buffs my damage. Seems to work pretty good in Torment 1. Just killed Magda. Haven't gone farther yet, time time.

• Options
    I have overpower and bull rush (maybe it's furious charge?) on 1 and 2, wrath of the berserker and call of the ancients on 3 and 4

My lmb is frenzy and my rmb is whirlwind

Right now I have extra damage on overpower/charge but I might switch them back to additional fury gain, because I'm having some issues keeping my fury high so I can whirlwind constantly

760% extra damage on 50k dps is preeeetty nice though

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'm mostly happy with the legendary drop thing except: I keep getting 2H weapons (mostly axes and maces) and I got 3 of that legendary material for making Pender's Purchase

I am going to be so upset if I don't get the plans for those gloves within like a week of being level 70

You'll get it. The plans dropped for me and I'm unlucky as hell.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I have overpower and bull rush (maybe it's furious charge?) on 1 and 2, wrath of the berserker and call of the ancients on 3 and 4

My lmb is frenzy and my rmb is whirlwind

Right now I have extra damage on overpower/charge but I might switch them back to additional fury gain, because I'm having some issues keeping my fury high so I can whirlwind constantly

760% extra damage on 50k dps is preeeetty nice though

Mori are you playing with clan <TMH> ?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I am not! I don't even know how to join!

Also rrgh I really kinda want to start a wizard or something but I also kinda want to get my barbarian through act iv.

Moriveth on
This discussion has been closed.